First Mel Gibson and now this!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Adonis

Post by Adonis » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:04 pm

polyslax wrote:
Adonis wrote:hell even in MONO countries like China not everyone agrees - but they have a common bond - they all look a like
:lol:

You gotta check your facts bro, there are populations of caucasians in some parts of China.
but how many mexican people live in China ah?

the point isn't whether there's white people living in small pockets of every country on the planet

the point is there's a lot of different kinds of people living together and I think it's un realistic to believe we can all get along - so we can't right? Then someone says something out of pocket and it's like "OH NO, HE's A RACIST, HOW COULD HE BE!"

that's my point -

but now I'm curious as to the white population in CHINA, as well as the Black, Mexican, Italian, Jewsih etc

leaveittothepros

Post by leaveittothepros » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:33 pm

"I feel that the word nigger is the most volatile word in the English language and
anytime anyone gives a word that much power, I think everybody should be shouting
it from the rooftops to take the power away."

-QUENTIN TARANTINO
Leave it to the pros ;)

jb61264

Post by jb61264 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:34 pm

leaveittothepros wrote:"I feel that the word nigger is the most volatile word in the English language and
anytime anyone gives a word that much power, I think everybody should be shouting
it from the rooftops to take the power away."

-QUENTIN TARANTINO
Disagree with Q on this big time...I don't care how common you make the word, it will always have its derogatory hateful root associated with it. African Americans have been "shouting it from the rooftops" for years now and it still has the same connotation.

Does anybody feel that the word "cunt" has a certain volatility about it also?...obviously not nearly on the same level as the n-word (sorry I won't even type it I hate the word so much)
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:16 am

Adonis wrote: - and then someone accidentally lets the N word slip or someone famous calls a cop a Jew and the world is shocked

there's nothing shocking about that
the world is not shocked... only you guys are. the rest of us don't really give a fuck, and if it seems like we do, its only beacuse we are bombarded with it on tv/media/internet and therefore see it as a topic of discussion.

from my observations, every race on earth is as racist as the others. every single one. and the term racism is stupid in the first place anyway. where do you draw the line?

lotsabeets

Post by lotsabeets » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:22 am

ethios4 wrote:Just watched him apologizing on David Letterman...

He said he was just really angry and didn't know why or where those remarks came from, but that he wanted to find out.
well when he finds out, tell him to please not waste our time reporting on his discoveries

kinda sad, youtube sold for how many billions, and this is what i'm watching

dude, that "invisible bike" picture with the flying cat is the best! now that is some real comedy

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:57 am

From the clip it looked like he was trying to be shocking while fending off a heckler or talker or whoever let the amateur lose focus. Shock is funny if you can deliver, he choked on his own tongue, wrote a check he had no chance of cashing.

It takes a special kind of asshole to talk like that.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:07 am

well, I don't really watch the news so I just saw this........it's bad.......really really bad................

Oh, I've got issues with blacks.......and whites.......not so much anything else.....pretty much blacks and whites. I completely don't understand anti-semitism, I like the mexicans in this country ( although I will not go to mexico) and as upset as I am with the middle east/culture, I don't have hate for them at all. Asians are one of my favs.....ok, I'm rambling now, sorry.

But this is just sick. Me, mr. "get off your fucking cell phone and watch the movie FUCKHEAD" is totally offended by this.........TOTALLY! These guys are right....it was uncalled for. Of course so was the "white fucker" and "cracker" which truely makes me wanna fight.....but I'm not going to throw the flag at the "second" guy. Nope, this was way off base!

When you hear the word......I'm gonna say it......It needs to be said instead of being hushed up.......nigger......it's bad. I'm personally more angry every day about that word on mtv, music, movies, whatever!!!!!!! I especially hate to see blacks using that word.....it's just unacceptable.

But this is sick.....I feel sick.....

zordon

Post by zordon » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:28 pm

I wish someone would kick his ass, that would be nice. Maybe Mike Tyson or something.....I like seeing rich people get there asses kicked!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Somebody botches his act and he becomes a racist...

The "N" word controversy is the biggest bit of hypocrisy ever, when it comes to racism.

If a non-black person says it. He's a racist.
When a black person says it, it's comedy.

Here's some food for thought......

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/sear ... rden-party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bInQ-MrOtW4

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:51 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Somebody botches his act and he becomes a racist...

The "N" word controversy is the biggest bit of hypocrisy ever, when it comes to racism.

no no, that's true. But I have to say......and I was just SHOCKED......this was totally bad. I'm not saying he's a racist, that's different.......I'm saying the dude is WACKED! He has some issues and it just goes against any real grain these days.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:55 pm

I actually just can't get over it. Rarely do things drop my jaw. I mean fuckin' a.......we've got a radio station that just started up and part of the promotion is some dude takin' a piss in a urinal.....what's up with that? Nothing really shocks me.......but this did!

Again, dude saying "cracker" and "white fucker" was a dick too.....but that's the exception..........kramer dude was just so off base.......I really don't get it.......

JonnyEQ

Post by JonnyEQ » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:08 pm

Only difference is, is when a Black person says it, they say it as part of the routine or when they are adlibing...Kramer, basically got his knickers in a twist and blurted out what was in the back of his mind. Hence this man was either being 1 a closet racist or 2 a comedian who can't take hecklers!!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:11 pm

eyeknow wrote:

no no, that's true. But I have to say......and I was just SHOCKED......this was totally bad. I'm not saying he's a racist, that's different.......I'm saying the dude is WACKED! He has some issues and it just goes against any real grain these days.
This is not the first time that I see a comedian losing it.
Yes he was out of line and he has serious issues. (washed-up actor, hello?)

But being heckled while on stage makes you say the most crazy shit.
Case and point: "the infamous bill hicks loses it" show.
Even David Cross lost it at some point (but I never found the footage)

It's just so moronic that civilized people become little children when it comes to verbally defending themselves.
In the case of this thread. Shit hits the fan when somebody says "niggar".
Yet the other party is yelling cracker this, cracker that..

America seriously needs to review their collective reaction to this situation.

A team called the "red skins" is not only offenisve, it's also racist IMO.

Every coloured person in America is a so-called minority...
We'll see how minor it is once 80% of the continent speaks spanish.

There are so many more examples...

But it's not surprising. If you look at whats acceptable in the south. Where a racist can get extra points by actually being more racist, whilst he's running for a government position. If you don't know what i'm talking about, do a google for "allen, mokaka".

I'm not defending "Kramer" or his actions.
But i do call this whole situation as bullshit.
It's just moronic...

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:37 pm

I would add that why aren't we past this shit? WTF? trust me, I'm not being a hypocrit and excluding myself.....I'm saying seriously......WTF? Why can't we get past this crap?

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Its really about HIGH CULTURE and WHITE GUILT an why the N-word isnt being used openly. HISPANICS and BLACKS who use the word dont feel the guilt of being a SLAVEMASTER though both parties have ties with selling or forcing people into SLAVERY. The Interpretation of HISTORY is the real culprit because the N-WORD would definitely not have its appeal with anyone who recognized the problem the N-WORD continually causes. Its even a worser problem to hear the N-word expressed by BLACK PEOPLE who have who have lost there cultural identity to slavery. To be AUTHENTIC BLACK now means to display the N-word at least in AMERICA in a so-called COOL FASHION. While using the N-word against WHITE PEOPLE as some THOUGHT CONTROL TOOL to remind WHITE PEOPLE of a GUILTY PAST as the OPPRESSIVE SLAVE MASTER who robbed BLACK AFRICAN PEOPLE of everything.

THE N-word is about THOUGHT CONTROL a new form of mental slavery through words.
Vote for Pedro.