Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Able

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
hafnarbakki

Post by hafnarbakki » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:18 pm

so then you will become a royalty!!
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:08 pm

Also for those of you who have SupaTrigga throw that in place of one of the beatrepeats or add it to the chain for a total of four beat mixeruppers. :? Its nice to have the occasional reverse and slow thrown in there as well. I almost included it in the original but I wanted everyone to be able to open it with no third party plugs.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:52 am

wow.

this is awesome. holy fuckin' hell, it just opened my eyes.

I'd only been using racks to layer sounds.

I'm embarrassed that the word glitch is in my user name.

thank you thank you thank you.
this changes things.

grb :D :D :D :D :D 8O 8O 8O :D :D 8O 8O 8O :D :D
Professional Shark Jumper.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:53 am

hafnarbakki wrote:so then you will become a royalty!!
As far as I'm conserned, he already is.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:19 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:wow.

this changes things.

Cheers Glitchrock!

My pleasure...

hope you and others can add to it and repost it here. As far as I see it this is just the start.

Peace!

coupdetat

Examples

Post by coupdetat » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Can someone post some examples mp3's for me to listen to i dont have ableton live 6 yet.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 pm

3rdordertrauma wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:wow.

this changes things.

Cheers Glitchrock!

My pleasure...

hope you and others can add to it and repost it here. As far as I see it this is just the start.

Peace!
Yeah, I'll definitely make a bunch of custom glitch racks. Couple more weeks of school hell, then I'm all over it.

We could get some kind of user glitch-rack thread, where we share depending on what plugs we use (integrateing supatrigga, livecut etc. for example)...

cheers,

grb

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:55 pm

How about my idea of a Drum Masher too...

8 chains within a Rack of single Beat Repeats (or more if you like) set to different settings... run some drums through it. Open Chain edit and right click and choose 'Distribute evenly' (I can't remember what it is exactly). Then assign a macro knob to the Chain selector and you can move between the chains, and thus the instances of Beat Repeats.

If you wanted you could also assign parameters of every beat repeat to macro knobs (you can assign multiple parameters to a single knob).

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:00 pm

this is really cool, thanks for posting it!

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:53 pm

fatrabbit wrote:How about my idea of a Drum Masher too...

8 chains within a Rack of single Beat Repeats (or more if you like) set to different settings... run some drums through it. Open Chain edit and right click and choose 'Distribute evenly' (I can't remember what it is exactly). Then assign a macro knob to the Chain selector and you can move between the chains, and thus the instances of Beat Repeats.

If you wanted you could also assign parameters of every beat repeat to macro knobs (you can assign multiple parameters to a single knob).
This would be really cool! The rack posted does do this already... but only has three beatrepeats. Since starting this post I've added a supatrigga. Now I've just downloaded LiveCut so I'll throw one of those in too. With Chain selector automation-envelopes set to odd lengths, a once static loop turns into something thats constantly changing. I'm really having a lot of fun playing with and tweaking these types of racks. The possibilities are amazing.

Thanks for the tip with the right click "Distribute Ranges Equally" thing... HAHA I was doing this manually. :? Also try some crassfading the ranges between FX and beatrepeats. Definitely interested to see what you come up with!

Cheers,

roach808

Post by roach808 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 am

slick....very slick indeed.

*cheers*

:wink:
roach- the other white meat
http://www.themenacetosobriety.com/blog/
MBP, Live Suite, and lots of nice analogue gear.

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:10 pm

Yeah, that's what's so great.. everyone can customise things exactly how they require them.

Poster

Re: Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Ableton 6!

Post by Poster » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:39 pm

3rdordertrauma wrote:This tip is for all the fans of glitchy random broken beat kinda sounds. And for those of us who don't have the "Glitch" plug cause we are on mac os.

OK I know all you Instrument rack junkies are well into this, but I didn't see it in hoffman2k's tips and tricks sticky so here it is.

Rather than try to explain it just download the "Glitch.als" file at the bottom and give it a go for yourself.

And to be fair and honest I've never actually used the "Glitch" plug cause I'm on mac. I've only seen the Screenshots online and based this Instrument rack off of what I would guess is happening in "Glitch". Or something similar anyway. Only this way in Live its customizable/expandable till your blue in the face.

So I'm sure Its not going to sound JUST like Glitch! Its not designed to!

This is just a simple one, it will be cool to have everyone elaborate on this with some fresh ideas.

Glitch.als
great rack.. I have made similar racks as well..
one tip though; for more radical cut-ups and to make it even more similar as the Glitch plug;
- Place the effects before the Beat Repeats.. this way the effects with long decays (delays, reverb, etc will then also be cut..)
- Set the Beat Repeats to 'Ins' mode so that the ingoing audio stream will be cut and replaced by the 'repeats'..
- Turn off the beat repeats filter.. Rather use a filter in the effects rack..

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:28 am

Poster wrote:
3rdordertrauma wrote:This tip is for all the fans of glitchy random broken beat kinda sounds. And for those of us who don't have the "Glitch" plug cause we are on mac os.

OK I know all you Instrument rack junkies are well into this, but I didn't see it in hoffman2k's tips and tricks sticky so here it is.

Rather than try to explain it just download the "Glitch.als" file at the bottom and give it a go for yourself.

And to be fair and honest I've never actually used the "Glitch" plug cause I'm on mac. I've only seen the Screenshots online and based this Instrument rack off of what I would guess is happening in "Glitch". Or something similar anyway. Only this way in Live its customizable/expandable till your blue in the face.

So I'm sure Its not going to sound JUST like Glitch! Its not designed to!

This is just a simple one, it will be cool to have everyone elaborate on this with some fresh ideas.

Glitch.als
great rack.. I have made similar racks as well..
one tip though; for more radical cut-ups and to make it even more similar as the Glitch plug;
- Place the effects before the Beat Repeats.. this way the effects with long decays (delays, reverb, etc will then also be cut..)
- Set the Beat Repeats to 'Ins' mode so that the ingoing audio stream will be cut and replaced by the 'repeats'..

Wow, this is very cool! I will contribute to this for shure! Also that drum program changing rack!

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:26 am

Poster wrote: great rack.. I have made similar racks as well..
yeah, that's what i do. reverb>beat repeat is cool. so is some fx>autopan(s) for chopping a bit.