November Co:LAB Voting

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Which is your favorite tune?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:00 am

Machinate
11%
Contra
7%
Nogi
11%
Pale1
14%
Alin55
No votes
Tylenol
18%
Bommel Lakinski
29%
Massahkah
11%

Total votes: 28

Lo-Fi Massahkah

November Co:LAB Voting

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:00 am

We have a winner, and it's:

Bommel Lakinski's Fremde Gewässer

Now - mail me Mr Lakinski so I can send you those chocolates.

original post below------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So - we have eight contributions. Cool! Now let's get down to voting. And I'd like to stress that everybody can vote - not only participants.

We have all worked from a common sample set (samples of a glass of water). We've only been able to use a "basic" package of Live. All this to create a tune of one minute or less.

Now vote for what you think is the most innovative, dance friendly, chillin', experimental or ground breaking song. Some of us have included the Live set so you can take that in account as well - or just get inspired by someone else's work methods. Please add a motivation if you like!

Check out the contributions!

Poll closes in seven days from now - should be december 8th.

Thanks for taking part!
-Mikael

ps. Metajack made a late contribution - well, at least if you're on swedish time. His song is up, unfortunately the poll can't be changed. But be sure to check it out!
Last edited by Lo-Fi Massahkah on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:24 am

I voted for Nogi "Water March"

When I listen to it, I'm imagining being in an elevator in a very strange place. I think it is a store, but I'm not sure what is sold there. Whatever it is, it is weird.

it's like:

[bing!]

"third floor,

"strap-on thermal zebra stripe egg drills

"

Contra

Post by Contra » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:23 am

was going to vote for nogi, but then i heard bommel's trak im like "damn you made that out of water?!?!?!?"

nice.

fuck that voting for yourself shit if it truly aint the hottest, say it with me now "I am Not a Kanye West"

Contra

Post by Contra » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:43 am

bump....vote yall some real good pieces on here.

bommel lakanski

Post by bommel lakanski » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:29 am

I vote for Metajack.
The bassline remembers me of a song a friend of mine wrote some years ago.
It sounds just like a beginning of a great song. It's a pity that it doesn't go further.
Come on people vote.
And thanks Massahkah for this challange.

Contra

Post by Contra » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:19 pm

bommel lakanski wrote: Come on people vote.
And thanks Massahkah for this challange.
bumpity bump bump....

alin55

Post by alin55 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:05 pm

I voted for mr lakinsky - cool sounds.
I'd like to hear a longer version.

I seem to be the only entrant who didn't get a beat going. :oops:

nolus

Post by nolus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Having listened to them all a couple of times I'd say it's a toss up between Machinate, Contra, Nogi, Pale1, Alin55, Tylenol, Bommel Lakinski and Massahkah.

It's so hard to choose!

I've got it down to six now.

Alin55 Brilliant but terrifying - If I ever need a sound track for a horror film I no where to come.

5 to go.
Last edited by nolus on Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:53 pm

nolus wrote:Having listened to them all a couple of times I'd say it's a toss up between Machinate, Contra, Nogi, Pale1, Alin55, Tylenol, Bommel Lakinski and Massahkah.
Seriously, good stuff all around. I voted for the one that seemed to most well rounded, had good form, build up, tear down, nice use of sounds. I made a 30 page Excel spreadsheet to tabulate the results which I then ran through Visicalc because it's warmer. I then took the results to a panel of 4 year old Tuvian yak herders to get the preliminary results for the double blind taste test resulting in what I knew in the first place, the best entry was, without a doubt.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nolus

Post by nolus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:12 pm

In the end and after much deliberation I vote for Tylenol siomply because it's the one I most enjoy listening to, lovely harmonies get me every time.

Special mention to Massahkah for a very entertaining track. made me laugh out loud, good stuff indeed. and thanks for organising the whole thing,

I did have a go at doing a track myself but I missed the bit about it being one minute long - I was going for a 10 minute ambient epic - and I didn't get it finished because of work. But having played around with the matrerial I can really apreciate the work that went into these tracks.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

Contra

Post by Contra » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:21 am

yes yes y'all , well its good to see people votin...not just 3 total....

lets do it again next month (or this month)..... :D

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:22 am

Contra wrote:yes yes y'all , well its good to see people votin...not just 3 total....

lets do it again next month (or this month)..... :D
I know you've seen this, Contra:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=lab

-M

tylenol

Post by tylenol » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:18 am

I finally sat down and listened to these songs. Really nice stuff in this competition -- I would probably vote for metajack's if it were in the poll. Thanks for running this LFM!
nolus wrote:In the end and after much deliberation I vote for Tylenol siomply because it's the one I most enjoy listening to, lovely harmonies get me every time.
Wow, thanks :D

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Not much time left - listen and vote, friends!

-M

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:31 pm

Hmmm... This is so good. And what an ego kick to get your samples turned into such cool tunes. :D

For me it's been really close between Pale1, Metajack and Tylenol. Bommel's tune is most impressive to me in terms of production and sounds (!!!). But everytime a new tune has been uploaded I'been like: "WOW! How did they do that? I never saw that coming...".

But I'll go with Tylenol for the melodic, soothing ambience and beautiful harmonies.

-M