what are live's advantages over cubase sx1

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
TOTAL

what are live's advantages over cubase sx1

Post by TOTAL » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:48 pm

can you guys think of any advantages of Live over Cubase sx1?
I consider the latter to meet all my requirements - as a VST host for electronic music composing and recording live acts.

it's no provocation - I'm just curious.
Tom

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:47 pm

cubase vs live

ease of use
automatic timestretching
lower cpu usage
and you can use it live..

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:37 pm

They're different tools really. I use Cubase SX 1 rewired with Live. I need both to do what I want to do.

Cubase is essential for MIDI and VSTi's.
Live is essential for elastic audio and live performance.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:28 am

I don't use Live live, for studio production and recording only, I also was a sonar user and have since stoped using it. this might help, for me Live replaced my hardware sampler, it's effectively an mpc on one side (the session view) and a daw on the other (arranger view).
but the key is that it's way more flexible than an mpc minus the midi, and way fore flexible than any other daw program, minus the midi again. on an mpc you can't automate the samples that you're playing on each pad in any way that remotely resembles the clip automation in Live. and that is just one of many many things that Live excels at but all of it's features are on par with that level of creative impact. we all would use the midi if it had it but we all bought live even though we knew it didn't have it cause it was well worth it. I do organic music and could not live with out Live, there
is no way you wouldn't find it among the most useful if not the most useful
of your tools for the kind of music you do. its like having an incredibly flexible sampler, recorder, and creative muse all in one. you can get vstis
into live by rewiring through bidule (free) or fuity loops (rediculously great combo)
spend a few days with the demo and it'll be a must have. also take a look at the features list on this site from the home page, it'll be enlightening.
peace

spiderprod

impossible

Post by spiderprod » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:48 pm

there is no real advantages in live compared with cubase:
live is good for live
cubase sx is for production

live is good to handle audio but has a poor sound quality for timestreching.its very good for live performance.

cubase is a midi/audio sequencer that can handle vsti ,much more fx,play video,etc.......
it s some kind of studio in a pc

you can t really compare

i use live rewired in cubase to get the top instrument