Scrubs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jb61264

Scrubs?

Post by jb61264 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:03 am

Okay...so Ableton decides to give people who buy a new full version of Live or upgrade from Live Lite, 10 free downloads from DanceTracks Digital.

So everyone who is on the forum and upgraded from Live 5 to Live 6...how do you feel about that?

Personally, it makes me feel like Ableton considers me of less value as a customer...nothing if you upgraded from 5 to 6?...not even "decent" deal on Sampler or Operator...what they offered for adding those was pitiful
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:47 pm

" cry like a baby"
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

pev

Re: Scrubs?

Post by pev » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:21 pm

jb61264 wrote:So everyone who is on the forum and upgraded from Live 5 to Live 6...how do you feel about that?
I feel like a beer.

~Pev

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:28 pm

I think they think that customer who bought live "normal version" could be more upgrade junkies that people who maybe are/would not have been interested in live per se but they just found it bundled with a soundcard/midicontroller whatever, and with the 10 track bonus try to make the upgrade to a full version more attractive.
these are just my thoughts it's not meant to be the truth.
and, to me is more valuable a nice a and friendly support and an active comunity of users than 10 mp3 to download for free

Z. deScathach

Post by Z. deScathach » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:18 pm

I agree totally. With some of the major poo that you have to deal with when working with some other companies, Ableton is a breath of fresh air.

xauf

intent to violate

Post by xauf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:24 pm

um, so here's my question about these pre-warped dancetracks files: i guess its cool that i got this free promotional add-on for upgrading, but what is the point of tracks that are pre-warped for use in a music creation application if the dancetracks license agreement clearly states that it is not permissible to use said tracks in my own work, or redistribute them in any way shape or form?
doesn't seem to be much of an add-on, just a cheap promotion.

i'll still download them and listen, and i'm reasonably certain that even if i were to use them it wouldn't make much difference as i'm hardly making money on my work as it stands, but it doesn't make me think i got a "value-added" product.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable." - David Lynch

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:43 pm

It's for DJs, duh.

Some people are never happy. I need a beer too....
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:01 pm

Its like when you buy petrol and you get some free wine glasses.

They are hardly suggesting that you use the glasses to drink the petrol are they......?

:roll:
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:00 pm

compositeone wrote:Its like when you buy petrol and you get some free wine glasses.

They are hardly suggesting that you use the glasses to drink the petrol are they......?

:roll:
This has to be one of the most sideways analogies I have ever heard. Bravo!

mmmmm petrol
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

xauf

pardon my density (not sarcastically)

Post by xauf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:05 am

i wasn't intending to complain about the free add on, simply stating that it didn't make sense to me.

luckily for ableton, they aren't obligated to get my clearance on ideas that dont make sense to me. if they did they probably wouldn't be a very profitable company.

i just thought someone might respond with an idea of how/why such a promo add on might be valuable.

in the future i'll state my questions more clearly.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable." - David Lynch