Let me Review Your Music

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

Let me Review Your Music

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:31 am

Do you want to know if your music is good or bad? Let me judge you.

Upload your music here ___________

I will review it if it's one of the following categories:

1) Trance Music
2) Rock Jams
3) Techno Music
4) Synthesizer music

What will you get? You will now know how your music sounds through one man's ears. I have a long history of music crtiizicm and you will have to hear my opinion afterwards. And you will vote. Put your music here (music here) and I will review it and give you some tips.

Star Power

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:50 am

Oh - sweet evil...

Please look into www.lofimassahkah.net - especially the older songs. I'd love to hear what your expeienced ears might make of it.

-M

tricil

Post by tricil » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:21 am

MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:09 am

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:30 am

\/\/\/\/ (\/\/\/\/)

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:08 am

Pitch Black wrote:I need to feel validated!

http://www.pitchblack.co.nz/?s1=downloads
Okay, I am not mr. Evil, but i thought checked out several of your tracks. I especially liked Lost in Translation. Great use of the space, very transparent, good development. Quite enjoyable.

hungry ghost

Post by hungry ghost » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:28 pm

Hello, some of my songs are up at www.myspace.com/sunyatamusic if you fancy reviewing them.
Thank you!

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:23 pm

OK OK.

I realize that everybody wants for me to hear their music. Yes you are all stars and very talented. But I am human and must take time to judge you. My assistant will be doing the initial review to see if you are qualified to be judged by myself. If you pass this first rigorous level then you will have the privilege of hearing MY judgement. This process can take a few days and I've been getting a flurry of emails from people. So just be patient. Then one day you might be surprised to find a personal note from none other than myself and you will know if I think you are good or you should just give up now.

Star Power

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:29 pm

LOL at this thread....
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:28 am

"Dear Mr Warner, here is a tape I made. I hope you and your Brother like it."

musick

Post by musick » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:30 am

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil wrote:OK OK.

I realize that everybody wants for me to hear their music. Yes you are all stars and very talented. But I am human and must take time to judge you. My assistant will be doing the initial review to see if you are qualified to be judged by myself. If you pass this first rigorous level then you will have the privilege of hearing MY judgement. This process can take a few days and I've been getting a flurry of emails from people. So just be patient. Then one day you might be surprised to find a personal note from none other than myself and you will know if I think you are good or you should just give up now.
Haha, was expecting this to happen... But you asked for it :D

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 am

:lol:

astroid

Post by astroid » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:29 am

would u plz review the new spin doctors album 4 me?

http://www.spindoctors.com/
P4 3.4G 2MB, RME 9652, nord g2, g4+digi 001, axiom 49, peavey 1600X, evolver, gigastudio

http://myspace.com/astroidpowerup

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:13 pm

OK, my assistant and I have thoughtfully taken time out of our busy schedules to listen and critique some of your music. Here's what we thought:

Mr. Massahkah: Your playful rhythms and complex chords are unique and intriguing. We thought that perhaps there was too much compression on your midi mp3s and rock jams were well rehearsed. I personally thought your theme of gorrilla suits really tied the whole thing together. Keep up the good work!

Tricil: An entire album of Pink covers is a very original idea and we tribute you for your sincerity and dedication. Your trance rhythms were well thought out and you played the best notes that you could. Are you perhaps in Australia? That is supposedly the best place in the world. Great job. We think you have talent!

Pitch Black: Any band that makes drum beats out of percussion sounds is OK in my book. I really enjoyed your 30 day long endless loop of monk drones. It was an extra special mix for both trance and rock jams. We really liked your arpaggregator mix with the vintage midi sounds too. Great stuff! You can continue making music now.

Astroid: Your spin doctors are... shall we say "off da hook". I really liked the catchy virus sounds that itched and scratched its way up my throat and ended up with some strange rash on my right backside. But I took my wool sweater off and am much more comfortable. I'm going to make some tea now....

Star Power

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:30 am

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil wrote:Mr. Massahkah: Your playful rhythms and complex chords are unique and intriguing. We thought that perhaps there was too much compression on your midi mp3s and rock jams were well rehearsed. I personally thought your theme of gorrilla suits really tied the whole thing together. Keep up the good work!
We've been working hard on the gorilla suits. Tried rhinos to start with, but it was too hard to play synths while walking on all four... Thanks for your expertise and sincerity!

-M