Problem : Live 6 Sync Hardware

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bynoe

Post by bynoe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 am

I've solved my problems. I had my remote sl 25 set up to sync on my pc as well as my MPC. All i did was turn off the sync for the remote sl(which i dont need to sync) and now my MPC syncs tighter than a nuns you know what.
:)

krikor

Post by krikor » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:20 pm

yeah i handled it too by using only one drummachine, but we really need to get that fixed!!!!!!!

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:10 am

any reply ableton team??
i'm suffering similar problems.
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

Rayko

Post by Rayko » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:30 pm

PLease, fix this soon. I have bought a microkork two month ago and still can´t sync it right. I have tried everything people says here but no changes.

I rise a pray to the abes everynight...

dbone

Post by dbone » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:21 pm

Yep! Me too! TR-808 w/ Kenton MIDI kit thru Steinberg Midex 8. Syncs OK if you account for the latency but drifts like MoFo.

More details here: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 650#396650

I'm missing Live 5 more and more these days. :oops:

krikor

Post by krikor » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:03 am

The problem is still here on Live603
i use a 606 sometimes a 626 and 505, and recently a MPC500 and the sync is totally messed up, i explained the problem in precedent post on this topic, are you aware of this problem already? are you working on it?
Ableton, at least give us a sign regarding this!

audiomesh

Post by audiomesh » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:58 am

Hi!
I´m using live with my electribe mx and an x-50. Live is master.
It was mentioned before, when my electribes or the x-50 Clocks are set to "auto" they sync badly and i even have crashes, set to extern (or extern usb for the x-50) it works fine.
Second, whenever i have my w.lan on my sync is completely messed up. It speeds up and slows down really obvious. Might be my system, but might happen on other systems aswell.

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:11 am

This all looks horrible.
I already pulled the trigger on a PC and Ableton Live software, and I sold off my hardware sequencer to help fund the transition. It'll all arrive this week.

I had only planned to use Ableton Live as a master sequencer, with no useage of Audio plug ins, MIDI effects, samples, or anything of the sort. Just pure MIDI and clock (clock for the EMX and ESX).
Will I regret this? I already have live shows coming up in a couple of months. If Ableton Live can't sequence my gear, I'm going to be upset.

dbone

got the 808 settled up

Post by dbone » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:37 am

Well, my problem with the 808 mysteriously disappeared. I was getting it all cabled up to use it as the master clock - MIDI cables going both in and out where previously it had only been in. Inexplicably, it seems to be OK now -- just plain weird.

audiomesh

Post by audiomesh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 am

Ok for me the Problem just as misteriously APPEARED. I had quite a lot of crashes recently wich seem to be releated to midi-sync (Same Project without ext sync doesn´t crash). So i made my EMX master which worked better but gave me occasional crashes when pressing the stop button on my electribe.
I Hope this gets more stable with the next update.

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Just an off the wall question, but do you have your system set up to transmit and receive sync from the same devices?

krikor

Post by krikor » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:08 pm

i had the problem again this weekend, using live603, my mpc500 and my 606... Ableton as master and the 606 and MPC as slave, the 606 ends up losing synchro, when it is slaved alone it does not loose it...

audiomesh

Post by audiomesh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:42 pm

EddieJ wrote:Just an off the wall question, but do you have your system set up to transmit and receive sync from the same devices?
No, tried it both ways but always with the othr direction turned off and the electribe´s clock not set to auto but to internal or external, the x-50 always in external and in live always only one sync-button (midi setup) active.
Still things don´t seem to be very stable.
It seemed like live as slave worked better but i had the impression that when i stopped the playback via the electribe and thee was still a beatrepeat or delay working, live froze. But i´m not 100% sure that this really was related.

EDIT: I found out that i still had an instance of sampletank in an Instrumentrack. Seems like that was the Problem, so it´s not midi sync related, even so still anoying, as i use sampletank a lot.

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 pm

so it looks like if I'm not combining Soft Synths with my hardware, I should be just fine? I haven't had a chance to try everything yet. Since I'm not using any soft-synths at all, I don't see latency being a big deal.

We'll see !

dbone

clock sync

Post by dbone » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 pm

That's been my experience, Eddie - softsynths + MIDI clocked hardware = weirdness!! Logically, many of the things I'm seeing just don't make sense (eg. hardware stays in sync just fine with other hardware. My next project is a mix with some softsynths and the same hardware - some of the HW stays in sync, some drifts). WEIRD!!!

I have got a support case open with the Abs who have been very quick to respond but we are still at a stage where we are trying "improbable solutions" (eg. using the single MIDI I/O interface on my MOTU 828 rather than my 8x8 MIDEX. I've yet to tear everything up to perform this test).

They have not made me aware of or admitted any "known issues" with MIDI clock yet, but once we get thru these sorts of tests, it will be interesting to see what they say...