Audio Interface- EMU 1212m vs ESI Julia

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
carbonform

Audio Interface- EMU 1212m vs ESI Julia

Post by carbonform » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:52 pm

Hey all, im in the market for a new interface and i got about 150 bucks to spend. i dont really have a lot of hardware although i plan on hooking up my turntables+mixer along with my midi controllers and i also wanted to bring back my old korg es1 and start using it again. ive narrowed it down to 2 (unless anyone knows of one better within my budget)...the EMU 1212m and the ESI Julia. im kinda tossed up and wanted to hear what u guys think~

Enots

Re: Audio Interface- EMU 1212m vs ESI Julia

Post by Enots » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:54 pm

carbonform wrote:Hey all, im in the market for a new interface and i got about 150 bucks to spend. i dont really have a lot of hardware although i plan on hooking up my turntables+mixer along with my midi controllers and i also wanted to bring back my old korg es1 and start using it again. ive narrowed it down to 2 (unless anyone knows of one better within my budget)...the EMU 1212m and the ESI Julia. im kinda tossed up and wanted to hear what u guys think~
never heard of the ESI, but checked it out. Looks kinda neat, I wouldn't mind trying it out. But from experience w/ the emu, I'd say get the emu. you get more ins and outs for future expansion while you're at it. when i got it i never used digital I/O, just needed a good monitor and (analog) recording solution. Now I have pieces of gear w/ digital i/o spdif and adat connections... i'm so glad that i got the 1212 even though i didn't need the I/O then. i would now be replacing my settup w/ something else to compensate for more ins. the ESI is 2 ins and 2 outs. if you wanna add more gear to your settup, the 1212 is the way to go. it will last you long because it's also very good quality. plus you get the option of proteus soundsets and emulator x
Christ Jesus is King
www.tonystonebeats.com

carbonform

Post by carbonform » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:18 pm

thanks for the reply 8) i think im leaning more towards the emu

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:27 pm

Definitely the Emu.