Willing to bet ...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
resist the cyborg

Willing to bet ...

Post by resist the cyborg » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:03 pm

That most of you can't play a real instrument into Live to save well, your Lives. Sequence, step, tweak everytjing and it still sounds prefab, unreal.
Hear me roar!!!!

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:16 pm

:roll:

montrealbreaks

Re: Willing to bet ...

Post by montrealbreaks » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:30 pm

Last edited by montrealbreaks on Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UknowWho

Post by UknowWho » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:34 pm

I'm willing to bet you're a gross overgeneralising elitist KNOB 8O ........
Now play real cool riffs that sound like bon tempi keyboard demo's
IE: like 95% of the Motif ES users out there :?
I don't step sequence but I did suck a lot of cock to get where I am today.
Maybe you should too.
That way your skills won't sound so prefab and unreal.
Now bend over and take it like a man :wink:
PS: Are you really just a high tech typing dildo in disguise ?
I'm curious to know .

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:43 pm

resist the cyborg wrote:That most of you can't play a real instrument into Live to save well, your Lives. Sequence, step, tweak everytjing and it still sounds prefab, unreal.
Hear me roar!!!!
So... Where can we hear your stuff?

astromass

Post by astromass » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:47 pm

damn...my chops on my beloved electric bass are SOooo sloppy, but i play EVERY day and i record into LIVe 3.0 damn near every day....i guess resist would rather me play fucking video games?
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:53 pm

astromass wrote:damn...my chops on my beloved electric bass are SOooo sloppy, but i play EVERY day and i record into LIVe 3.0 damn near every day....i guess resist would rather me play fucking video games?
I hear ya man. There are a LOT of instrument players who use Live - more than most other software apps I would imagine too.

Hey, astromass - you're in PA, huh? I and a few others are hoping to hook up a gig in Philly...

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

dCross

Post by dCross » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:03 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:
resist the cyborg wrote:That most of you can't play a real instrument into Live to save well, your Lives. Sequence, step, tweak everytjing and it still sounds prefab, unreal.
Hear me roar!!!!
Maybe.

Then again there are some of us who have classical training from a conservatory.
wow, that was really mature, eloquent, and well put. Way to shut up a troll before he even gets started! :)

kabuki

What I LOVE about the Live boards

Post by kabuki » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:10 pm

What I just love about these Live boards is the we can't be bothered by an obvious flame-throwing troll.

Ignore them and they get bored and leave. Respond, and they will come back with more useless noise.

:P

Don't give the flames oxygen
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:30 pm

Hear me roar!!!!
shit. he's right...oh well, i guess i give up. bye everybody.

k

resist the cyborg

Please accept my apologies

Post by resist the cyborg » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:45 am

I was having a really bad day and was acting like a total dick! 8O
Sequence away and I will too!

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:00 am

isn't it obvious.
he's crying out for help.
he's a great musician... his name is resist the cyborg... there in lys the truth. he's on a 'loop software forum' :roll: trying to resist so hard :cry:

thanks for the enlightenment
all hail the resistance.
the acid forum is thataway :arrow:

Re: Please accept my apologies

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:37 am

resist the cyborg wrote:I was having a really bad day and was acting like a total dick! 8O
got that right. Some of us use Live as a live looping tool--I perform in a duo where I play bass, keyboards, and live drum programming on a midi drumpad--so there's using a couple of "real" instruments, and Live as a powerful other "instrument" --it is at once a mixer, effects box galore, looping device, and host for FL's step seq. I play bass in four bands, from jazz and funk to electronica, and gig every week. On what instrument, where and when do you unleash your madd skillzz that will blow all us sequencers away? Open your mind and expand your horizons--turntables, effects, samples, and even software can become instruments in the hands of the creative. not only that, but you made such a gross generalization in such a negative way--why not come here and ask in a friendly way if there are people using live with instruments. You would have gotten a slew of helpful and informative replies, rather that making yourself look like a "total dick". Hats off to you for having the balls to admit it (and to go with that dick). Try playing nice

Ryan

tjwett

Re: Please accept my apologies

Post by tjwett » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:49 am

resist the cyborg wrote:I was having a really bad day and was acting like a total dick! 8O
Sequence away and I will too!
that's ok. the 7th grade can be very stressful.

resist the cyborg

I'm not in 7th grade

Post by resist the cyborg » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:05 pm

I'm in sixth and I love Ableton! 8)