THE Rack List. (What can you do with Racks?)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:23 am

emptypond wrote:
3rdordertrauma wrote:---> Here is the Glitch Rack 3 <---

Its the 3rd generation progression of my first Glitch Rack.(already listed in the collection)

Similar in concept just much more tweak-ability! :D

This rack uses and requires supatrigga. So if you don't have it yet... grab it first otherwise this rack will be missing something special. Thanks so much to Bram@smartelectronix for that!

Other than that this rack should be using all standard plugs and presets.

Hope yal enjoy!

TWEAK THOSE MACRO KNOBS! :wink:
getting this msg >>> Failed to load the Audio Unit "SupaTrigga." Audio Units are not available on your operating system.
have the supatrigga vst for windows installed,, guess this was made on a mac and since their different versions it wont work on pc?
Yes its made on mac and uses the Audio Unit version of supatrigga.

But in the "The BeatRepeats" section of the rack, reveal the devices chains there. The one labeled "SupaTrigga" try deleting the SupaTrigga there and replacing it with VST version... that should work. A few of the Macro Maps will be reset by doing this but if you want to repair those they are as fallows.

I think SupaTrigga is the only non Ableton Plug I used so Once you get that replaced with the VST and the maps reset it should be all good. I hope that works!

Maybe you could repost the Windows version back here when you get it working?

Cheers!

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Glitch3 (windows edition) thx 3rdordertrauma this rocks :)

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:12 pm

emptypond wrote:Glitch3 (windows edition) thx 3rdordertrauma this rocks :)
Glitch3 [For Audio] : http://werebunny.com/liveracks/Glitch%2 ... o%5D-1.adg

(Hope you don't mind - i only noticed a version in your download with Impulses, i'm probably being stupid)

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:51 pm

does anyone here have a rack with 2 impulses?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:17 am

awesome thread guys.

i just finally got live 6 now and racks are making me very very happy.

i can't wait til i have some nice ones to post for you.

:D

d
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

Contra

Post by Contra » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:16 am

damn you nerds got me jonesing for live 6
i need my damn macbook pro to come in alredy!!!!!!!!

8O

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:38 pm

rack with 2 impulses?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .

Lord Kahn

Post by Lord Kahn » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:43 pm

What do you want to do with the two impulses? Have them layered over each other (just place them on separate rack tracks or have them spread across the keyboard (same as above, but one has a +12 semitones pitch plugin in front of it)

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:44 pm

I use more than the allotted 8 slots for drum programming so my tracks will sound realistic so I need 16 but they can't overlap. I will try what you just mentioned. Could you give me a little more detail? Thanks so much for your help.

Lord Kahn

Post by Lord Kahn » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Ok, well your problem here is that you can't change the default notes for impulse, so you've to change the notes coming in. Live provides a midi effect called Pitch which can be used to transpose midi notes coming in before they get to Impulse. So just pitch it up or down an octave (ie + or - 12 semitones) and you'll move impulse up or down 12 notes. If this is in a separate rack then it will give the illusion of a 16 slot impulse rather than an eight slot one.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 pm

joeyfivecents wrote:rack with 2 impulses?
OK Its a few more than 2.... err wwweell.... its 16 Impulses to be exact, all mapped chromatically from C-2 to G8. 8O I figure why stop at 16 sample cells when you can have 128? More than any MPC every manufactured. That I know of anyway.

If you don't need them all... just don't load up any samples in the Impulses you aren't using. This should be the same on CPU as not having them in there at all. Or close to it anyway.

OK hope it works for you!

---> THE MPC KILLER <---

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:08 am

these are awesome guys, keep em coming. I will try and stay on top of it. Thank you.

jasinski

Update

Post by jasinski » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:47 am

Just posted a bunch of new racks I made- as well as consolidated some of the posts you guys added, thanks again!!

fatrabbit

Re: Update

Post by fatrabbit » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:31 am

jasinski wrote:Just posted a bunch of new racks I made- as well as consolidated some of the posts you guys added, thanks again!!
Wow! Brilliant stuff!

At this rate, you should offer a single zip file with all of them in for lazy people (like me normally, but i'd already downloaded them individually).

I've just got Sampler, so hopefully I can make a few racks that involve it in the not-to-distant-future.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:57 pm

3rdordertrauma wrote:
joeyfivecents wrote:rack with 2 impulses?
OK Its a few more than 2.... err wwweell.... its 16 Impulses to be exact, all mapped chromatically from C-2 to G8. 8O I figure why stop at 16 sample cells when you can have 128? More than any MPC every manufactured. That I know of anyway.

If you don't need them all... just don't load up any samples in the Impulses you aren't using. This should be the same on CPU as not having them in there at all. Or close to it anyway.

OK hope it works for you!
Thankyou!
---> THE MPC KILLER <---
thankyou thankyou thankyou. Now I can actually see how to do this. Just looking at it has allowed me to start building my own racks. Very helpful.