mac peeps........stoked about bluetooth mouse!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

mac peeps........stoked about bluetooth mouse!

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:34 pm

Man, I'm so tired of cables........I just HATE THEM!

I'm just VIBIN' on having this bluetooth mouse, seems the bomb so far......can easily navigate. And, it seems acctually more responsive than the standard mighty mouse......

anyone else with thoughts?

udp

Post by udp » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm happy for you. Personally the tiny track thingy is to small for my hands. Good luck with it.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:52 pm

udp wrote:I'm happy for you. Personally the tiny track thingy is to small for my hands. Good luck with it.
Not sure eyeknow what you mean? You mean the little (yes, it is tiny) trackball on the top? The thing I'm stoked about is the bluetooth connectivity (guess it could be any bluetooth mouse).......I can put it on top of ANYTHING and it works.....the one that came with the mac is functional.......but very limiting because of the short cord and it's "stiff"

Just want mac peeps to know there is alternative if you feel constrained by the corded mouse :) Or, if you pc, maybe check out the bluetooth mouses.......seems to work really well!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:00 pm

What's the battery life on those like?

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:14 pm

eyeknow wrote:
udp wrote:I'm happy for you. Personally the tiny track thingy is to small for my hands. Good luck with it.
Not sure eyeknow what you mean? You mean the little (yes, it is tiny) trackball on the top? The thing I'm stoked about is the bluetooth connectivity (guess it could be any bluetooth mouse).......I can put it on top of ANYTHING and it works.....the one that came with the mac is functional.......but very limiting because of the short cord and it's "stiff"

Just want mac peeps to know there is alternative if you feel constrained by the corded mouse :) Or, if you pc, maybe check out the bluetooth mouses.......seems to work really well!
What about the 'voices' about less precision and long wake up time?
I see from your post that it's not true anymore....
I was thinking to that to spare my USB ports on my MacBook, Am I doing the right thing?

- Best
- Pasha

Hopefully batteries won't cost me a fortune....
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:36 pm

battery life is.........I dunno.....sorry. Too new.......after some hours of use it's still full. i turn mine off when I'm away from my desk........

As far as performance? So far it's much better than the included mighty mouse. I can use it on my leg, desktop, sometimes even without a top! The wired mighty mouse will NOT do that!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:39 pm

Oh, forgot to say that the spare usb port was my number one reason for getting this......and the lack of at least one more cord. I'm amazed (so far anyways.....) at how well it works....thought for sure it would suck......

stew

Post by stew » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:57 pm

I'm all for cables. Batteries have the habit of being empty exactly when you need them the most.

Justin Thyme

Post by Justin Thyme » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:45 pm

I have a Bluetooth mouse, and ended up going back to a cable mouse due to how fast it ate batteries.

I could see using the Bluetooth mouse when I have to have all the ports of the MacBook busy with stuff, but for daily use, I stick with a cable.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:52 pm

Justin Thyme wrote:I have a Bluetooth mouse, and ended up going back to a cable mouse due to how fast it ate batteries.

I could see using the Bluetooth mouse when I have to have all the ports of the MacBook busy with stuff, but for daily use, I stick with a cable.
So you suggest having one cord mouse for non music related stuff and a BT one when all stuff is plugged into your USB port?

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:55 pm

eyeknow wrote:Oh, forgot to say that the spare usb port was my number one reason for getting this......and the lack of at least one more cord. I'm amazed (so far anyways.....) at how well it works....thought for sure it would suck......
So it's precise enough to edit audio and MIDI in Live especially those 32th notes...and Warp markers even in very tight situations?
No delay at start up? I mean when you don't use it because you are doing a long recording, after that it's fully responsive or you have to wait?
Thanks for your feedback so far....just in time, it's Xmas season....I can include it in my wish list. Do you have a MacBook?
Mac Studio M1

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:56 pm

have you thought of a bluetooth trackball?

i love mine

http://www.mac-pro.com/The-Ball-Bluetoo ... tegory=168
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:17 pm

Justin Thyme wrote:I have a Bluetooth mouse, and ended up going back to a cable mouse due to how fast it ate batteries.

You must be joking. I've had my MightyMouse for over a month and haven't had to change batteries. When you don't move the mouse, it automatically powers itself down to a lower level until you click the mouse button. It fuckin rox. It's got right-click, as well, that works both in windows and in osx. You couldn't ask for anything better.
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

drush

Post by drush » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:43 pm

mike holiday wrote:have you thought of a bluetooth trackball?

i love mine

http://www.mac-pro.com/The-Ball-Bluetoo ... tegory=168
that thing actually work well?

it seems that kensington is phasing out the wireless expert mouse (trackball) (which is RF USB, not bluetooth). disappointing.

Justin Thyme

Post by Justin Thyme » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Pasha wrote:
So you suggest having one cord mouse for non music related stuff and a BT one when all stuff is plugged into your USB port?

a

Yeah, that's what I do.

Stinky....not sure why, but at least with the mouse I use (a Kensington), it seemed I was going through a set of batteries a week....give or take. Maybe it's just the particular mouse I use. YMMV. 8)