ebay con - reaktor 5 full license = educational license.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

ebay con - reaktor 5 full license = educational license.

Post by b0unce » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:22 pm

I bought reaktor 5 new & boxed from ebay. The ad said it was the full version, the seller is a power-seller store. I asked the seller to make sure it was full , and not some fucked up deal - (ie edu licenses, or an older version of reaktor plus upgrade or something)

everything was looking good, reaktor 5 full for $299. (as opposed to 380 euro here in europe)

well it arrives promptly, everything looks perfect, I install it - and its the EDUCATIONAL LICENSE

fuck. did some quick research, the difference seems to be you are limited in how often you can authorise - just once (apparently). people have upgraded without a hitch from previous reaktor edu-licenses. but NI wont make an official statement on this it seems. So future upgrades are not certain. thirdly, you cant transfer an edu license if you decide "fuck - I want to sell reaktor" at some point.

So, wheres the cheapest place for buying EDU licenses in the states ? a quick search brought me to sweetwater.com for $225.

Right now I'm negotiating with the seller, besides everything else he over-charged me for the edu license by at least $75! Seems a bit of a simpleton...."the software is the same" , I'm waiting for his reply after I explained the differences between the LICENSES

if it comes to it, I hope ebay would rule in my favour....his advertisement is misleading to the point of being a con, and I used ebay's messaging system to get him to confirm the product was absolutely the full version and no hitches before bidding.....

do ebay even get involved in these kind of things ? I've only used it about 6 times.
spreader of butter

rentanutta
Location: Left hand corner of the Batcave, Just by the Batumbrella

Post by rentanutta » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:25 pm

If you paid via Paypal, you should be able to get a refund
Dell Dimension 9100 Desktop, Win XP SP2 Home, Soundblaster Audigy 7.1 Soundcard,2GB Ram , 400 GB Hard Drive, Live 5, M-Audio O2 Midi Keyboard

Also run Reason 3 with no issues.

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:28 pm

you can get him on trades descriptions act!!

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:34 pm

rentanutta wrote:If you paid via Paypal, you should be able to get a refund
I paid with paypal...

do you mean I would need to take this complaint up with Paypal directly ?

frisbeedisk, does that apply to ebay sellers from the USA ?
spreader of butter

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:26 pm

EBays policies mean that you have to accuratley describe an item.

If you go to "my ebay" you should be able to see that listing. in the drop down list at the end select report item not received, and then file a complaint about item being significantly different to item in listing.

With regards a refund, you paid with paypal, you get your money back through paypal.

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:48 pm

using ebay's messaging system is a must..
you've been misled, so seller has to take the item back..
ebay can force him to..
he probably will because of his powerseller status..
but that doesn't seem to be a garantee these days..

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am

That's screwed up! Reactor full version occasionally sells used over at KVR for pretty cheap, that's what I would do, Ebay and software is an odd combo.... :?

He'll give you your money back, you asked him directly if it was an educational version, and he lied, end of story.

dami

Post by dami » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:20 am

Not that it's funny, but..

ebay power seller pwned b0unce :)

edit: oh yeah, 1st post, I'm glad I'm on board, the usual blah-blah-blah (been lurking at abletonlivedj forums)

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:46 am

its a little early to be calling pwnership

paypal, ebay & NI are on my side...

I have a feeling this will work out well for me.
spreader of butter

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:15 am

Machinesworking wrote:Reactor full version occasionally sells used over at KVR for pretty cheap, that's what I would do
Yup, I sold my R5 (full version!) a few weeks ago at kvr, $250 shipped to the USA. I think I've seen it even cheaper since.
Image Image

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:16 pm

not to sure bounce, it might only be a euro thing.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:49 pm

polyslax wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Reactor full version occasionally sells used over at KVR for pretty cheap, that's what I would do
Yup, I sold my R5 (full version!) a few weeks ago at kvr, $250 shipped to the USA. I think I've seen it even cheaper since.
I traded a extra copy of R5 I picked up from Adonis for Symptohm Mellohman. So yeah KVR is great that way.

dami

Post by dami » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:56 pm

b0unce wrote:its a little early to be calling pwnership

paypal, ebay & NI are on my side...

I have a feeling this will work out well for me.
b0unce, it was just a joke. I've had problems with sellers, paypal sorted out all the time. I had a guy collect the money and never ship anything, feeding with emails that it's coming. Yeah, paypal took care of that, no problem. I think i took 5 days...

d-plate

Post by d-plate » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:38 pm

Report it as "item significantly not as described".

You'll get your money back :)

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:01 am

Sold mine two weeks ago for $200 at KVR. As for the situation, you should get your money back but the guy will more than likely dick around for a while, I wouldn't count on seeing those funds anytime soon.