osx alias icon stupid question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lasers and their beams

osx alias icon stupid question

Post by lasers and their beams » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:05 pm

hello, I'd like to have the big gorgeous Live alias icon on my desktop, but my alias just turns into the stock Apple A-shaped "pencil/ruler/brush" thing. I did have Live in my app's folder, but I now have it as a stand alone folder on the hard drive, thinking that might get rid of the "A" alias, but nothing doing. Thinking there's probably a quick dumb fix. Any help? Thanks!
Steve

jdg

Post by jdg » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:43 pm

you can always copy the icon from the original and apply it to the alias (except it wont have the alias "arrow")

show info on the original, select the icon, copy, then show info on the alias, select the icon and paste.

did that make any sense?

good luck!
www.google.com

best website ever

lasers and their beams

Post by lasers and their beams » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:07 pm

Thanks for the reply! I tried over and over, searched the web about it too, and it should work just like you describe, but it isn't. I cannot get a big beautiful scalable proper Live alias icon. Even after a reboot and retry. Should be the least of my worries. But...I'm kinda sad about my retarded generic app alias icon. It's like walking into a mansion through a rusty screen door.[/i]

jdg

Post by jdg » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:14 am

i've had that problem b4 too on OSX.. i can't remember for what tho.. hmm curious.. i think there is a way when manually edit the rsrc file .. i remember that was the trick to change your hard drive icon back in OSX 10.0 (and public beta too i think).. search on that and maybe you'll find an old doc on it.

good luck!
www.google.com

best website ever