Energy xt compared with plogue Bidule what do you think

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Energy xt compared with plogue Bidule what do you think

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:13 am

does Energy xt work in Live?

I use bidule right now and am interested in any comparisons those of you have that use both. thanks

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:23 am

theres a vst plugin made by the energy people and you have to run it from within Energy XTE which allows you midi control, once you get this going it is a lot better than Bidule.

It has a sequencer and also has less resource impact.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:42 am

is bidule a vst, in other words can I use it in fruity loops?

raapie

Post by raapie » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:44 pm

energyXT is a VST effect right? so you won't be able to record it as input in Live, you can only use it when playing live.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:12 pm

Bidule is more like a host environment, you run VSTi's from within it.

That means, if you use Bidule, you can use Fruity as a VSTi inside of Bidule.

That being said, Bidule has rewire support and the latest FL has rewire support to, so you can run FL alongside Bidule as opposed to within.

Energy XTE works as an effect. You run it as an effect in one of Lives tracks and inside of Energy's interface, if you load an instance of the Midi XT plugin, it will let you use your MIDI controller to control VSTi's from within Live.

As far as recording the input of Energy XTE is concerned, you can easily record the output of what you play as a channel inLive by setting up a second track and setting it's input as the output of the track with Energy.
If you want to be more picky and record the midi data, Energy has piano rolls and step sequencers with recording functionality.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:46 pm

I use both. The nature of my music requires no prejudices against software.

But if you're looking for reasons I'll tell you. Bidule has an excellent modular interface that makes stringing VSTi's together a breeze. Effects are easily added and replaced, something EnergyXT isn't that good at - Replacing things I mean.

Energy has some excellent sequencing features. I use the sequencers ability to control multiple VSTi's with Absynth - Its nice to have all your drumtracks in one window.

Both have their good points and bad points, but why exclude either of them? Use everything you can I say.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:38 pm

Amberience wrote: Both have their good points and bad points, but why exclude either of them? Use everything you can I say.
Provided you have the processing power to do so (or don't mind closing and opening applications) I agree.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:44 pm

so if I want to record vsti sequences and have the ability to go back and change the sound of the instrument in use and what not, which is better?
I know about fruity, but I'm just talking about between these two. do they both have a sequencer and which sequencer is better?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:50 pm

8)

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:15 pm

hi

ive been using the freeze feature in eXT's sequencer comp quite successfully lately, just freeze the tracks n drop em into live, once the sync to master transport is sorted in eXT this will be my main way of workin, ie im just gonna record my keyboard playing in eXT sequencer then freeze ahoy

and back to the question, i would say eXT is more suited to my needs than bidule

dave

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:04 pm

8)

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2004 5:52 pm

bump