My bands new live rig.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinate

My bands new live rig.

Post by Machinate » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi. Been away for a little while, working on a showcase I'm doing in a week or so. We set up our kit in our rehearsal space today, and it just looked so freakin' good I had to snap a few pics of it. So here it is, my first attempt at doing a Quicktime VR file:
http://covops.dreamhosters.com/dropbox/ ... udio_1.mov
(you may have to download it to view it properly. 7.5 megs)
- the server may be a bit slow right now.

Kit list, from L->R:

___Left stand___

Roland HandSonic 10 :: Triggering Sampler in Live.
Roland Juno 6 :: Pads, of course!
Roland SH-201 :: Plonky digital leads.

___Middle stand, lower shelf___
JazzMutant Lemur :: Best damned Live controller in town. I control the Live 6 internal mix, DBlue Glitch, clip launch/stop/record for around 16 tracks, HPF/LPF cutoff/resonance, beat repeat "repeat", rate and filter, master delay rack and crossfader, all from that page of the Lemur.
Dualcore 2ghz pc :: running Live 6.03 and maxMSP.
Edirol FA-101 audio interface.

___Middle stand, top shelf___
Behringer bcr2000 :: Sends additional controllers to the Thinkpad to the right.
Thinkpad r40 :: MaxMSP+Jitter. Main video generator. Generates live 3d images, based on midi input from drum-kit + Live.
Akai filter :: Sits in aux 1 of the mixer.

___Right stand___
Yamaha something-or-other 12 channel mixer.
Roland Re-150 Space Echo. :: For dubbing out things ;)
Roland SH-2 :: For mean bass.
Edirol controller :: Controls a huge bass rack in Live, with around 30-40 different bass sounds, all set up in one rack with auto. mapped to chain select.
Roland HandSonic 10 :: Sends audio only to the mixer. Loads of drum-n-bass drops and so on in there.

___At the back___
Roland V-drum kit :: triggering v-drum module with tons of effects on it.
Roland SPD-S trigger pads: Triggers a bunch of atmospheric sounds we did, and also does some looping tricks when connected to the Pbook to the far left.
Mean looking drummer (Mikkel) :: He's usually very nice, he really is!

Anyway, we've been working our butts off to get this up and running, and so far we have a ton! of music, so website+mp3s will be up soon.

- And yes, this was my fucking 6000th post to this godforsaken forum... sigh....

Cheerio!
Andreas.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Lots of cool gear in there but when did you buy the white boy? Looks like you just bought him, they're great for trance.

Have Fun!

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Nice... images took ages to load. At first I thought there was an error because I was seeing 2 of things, until I realised that yes you have 2 laptops and 2 keyboards etc.!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:25 pm

ah yes.. that's because I have four hands... and the white boy is a lease. Loads of tax benefits to leasing.

In time I hope to tuck away the upper laptop+mouse, and get rid of the bcr... but right now things haven't been programmed tightly enough in Jitter to rule out interaction ;)

And the keyboards are all very different animals. I still like the sh-2 the most, even though the juno 6 is such an awesome beastie.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 pm

I want the lemur god damnit

I'm gonna have to get a second job and sell some blood in order to get one of those.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Looks great, thankx for posting. I look forward to hearing the output.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks. We will probably do one of the drum kit tomorrow, for the e-drum inclined.

If the rehearsal goes well I think we will chop up some mp3s from the recording.