OT... Saddam is executed. Right thing to do?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:46 pm

M. Bréqs wrote: Snooty in response to your statement of "exactly" regarding b0unce's assertation that foresight is 20/20. I took it to mean that you were affirming his labelling of me as gullible.
I didnt say you were gullible, you did.
M. Bréqs wrote:The US, and I, fell into his well crafted deception plan.
spreader of butter

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 am

I dunno.....it's all so confusing

It's just too hard to believe that there was absolutely no WMD's.....but they haven't found them so I have to agree that it was a bogus excuse. I'm the facts guy.....there were/are no facts of the wmd's so it was certainly a bad idea to base our "invasion" on that....

One thing to point out, fair or not, when saddam/iraq surrendered in the gulf "war", he did so UNCONDITIONALLY. One of the reason the big other countries didn't get in our way when we decided to invade was for that very reason. UNCONDITIONAL means just that....don't shoot me/the messanger.....just giving facts right or wrong.

Saddam was given 12 years to comply with the UNCONDITIONAL surrender and did not. He did not adhere to the terms so legally.....again right or wrong.....we had every right to go over there.

Now, before I get criticized or attacked...I believe it was a shitty excuse. Saddam is dead for a good reason, but I do not believe any of those fucks about why we were there in the first place. As a matter of fact, I'm so tired of the "we'll say what we want to get our way" bullshit that EVERY SINGLE GOD-DAMNED country pushes....

ok, getting too deep so I'll stop.....for a while :lol:

forgie

Post by forgie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:49 am

M. Bréqs wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: You fell into GWB and crews well crafted deception plan.
Possibly, but hindsight is 20/20. There's a LOT of people (not just Americans) who believed the Iraqi WMD thing back in 2003; I'm by no means alone.

Further, I think that it was 50% wishful thinking and 50% impatience that resulted in the failure regarding the false WMD assessments. I usually don't attribute to conspiracy that which can be attributed to incompetence.
And that's why I think this thread is pointless - anyone who doesn't attribute the vast majority of Republican-led US foreign policy in the last 40 years to economic interests has not read enough history.

I could say more but there is clearly no point.

I suggest some of you read War in Iraq - What Team Bush Doesn't Want You To Know by Scott Ritter.