hey check it out now i think its better now
thanks fo listening

ravebot

Post by ravebot » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:16 am

looks like not many pplz like it
:(

Sonarcade

Post by Sonarcade » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:50 am

The balance was great and you seem to have tone down. I just wish that the main loop could have varied a bit more. You're definitely miles ahead of me (coming from someone who's been trying to do this for 6 years now!).
http://www.myspace.com/anschauung

Dell Inspiron 7520, Ipad 2

nfms

Post by nfms » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:31 pm

Your myspace is BRIGHT 8O 8O 8O
www.optech-dnb.com
www.myspace.com/optechdnb
Dark Audio Visual Drum and Bass
Ableton Live 6 // Resolume 2.4 // Behringer BCF2000 // Zero remote SL // Edirol UA-25 // UC-33 // Access Virus B // Macbook core2duo // 2x SL 1210 // SMX 401

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 am

The Alarm - Nice beats that drive along well and I really the way the snare cuts through the mix. The bass sounds you have are great as well being quite full and heavy. Over all I would agree with Sonarcade that the main loop is good but the whole tracks needs more variation.

The Awakening - I like the intro on this one, I was expecting a different break to drop with much tighter sounding beats, so the loser more rattling beat was a really good thing as I prefer to be surprised than not. I like the watery feel that the lead bass has but I would have liked some sort of backing bass as well to really fill it out in the lower frequencies. Maybe some of the sub has been lost in the mp3 process. Again though I think more variation is needed.

Morning - I love the kit and the break on this one, for me its without a doubt the best beat from these 3 tracks. The Davide Carbone sample is nicely used, I think Craggz and Parallel Forces have used to somewhere on their Northern Soul album. Just as I was getting into this track though it ended which was a shame but for me this was the best one of the 3.
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:50 pm

I think Composite did a very good job critiqueing these. Question - did you program those beats or are they loops from someplace?

In any case. I would love a chance to remix one of these. Which version of Live did you make them on?

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:23 am

Oh my days ...... 8O :? :x

Where the fuk are the true dnb heads ? Not here obviously (Can I remix one of these LOL ... remix what ? They are not his tunes to begin with. Go buy a couple of the biggest dnb tunes from UK artists and you can have all the sounds exactly as heard here too)

I think you need to make some beats yourself
You need to make some sounds yourself
Basically just make something yourself please.

You are just getting credit cause you ripped off bc's bass sounds or someone elses beats (Yeah I know cause I mix dnb ... for years LOL I've got both the tunes that you stole the alarm bass sounds from ... so you get no credit from me, just a lecture on biting). You don't do anything to make the sounds yours at all, you just bite.

Anyone can rip the break off a dnb record : set to repeat the same few bars
Rip a bad bass sound (Thats notorius so I know straight away its ripped) : set it to fire every few bars.

You don't deserve to call most of those tunes your own cause they are not.

Thats not dnb. And actually I'm pissed off cause you're such a rip off (Sly)
So much so I bothered to write this fuc*in' shi*e reply in the first place. I never criticise another persons work ... this is not your work ... what work ? You done nothing.

THIS IS NOT DNB (And these are not your sounds, or your beats ... )

Sorry.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

captainhanky

Post by captainhanky » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:33 pm

verry well done!

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:53 pm

kineticUk wrote:Where the fuk are the true dnb heads ? Not here obviously (Can I remix one of these LOL ... remix what ? They are not his tunes to begin with. Go buy a couple of the biggest dnb tunes from UK artists and you can have all the sounds exactly as heard here too)
Oh.

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:45 pm

ravebot sorry for sounding harsh before (it was too harsh to be honest), and you should do what you like and listen to yourself not me.
David Carbone's Samples not what I'm talkin about. But also "goodness" depends on how you use them in dnb.
On "The Alarm" you have just ripped two heavy synth sounds from the riff off two tunes, done nothing to them just playback. (Those sounds are sick, fuckin' bad and the artists who made them I was into. Took skills from them to make them, and they got the credit cause its their ting.) You can't get away with that with people who are into dnb, cause they'll notice. Then again maybe not, thats why dnb has been so poor for the last few years (Causing everyone to fuc* off and create dubstep instead). Very few people are pushing it. And making breaks requires skills.
In my opinion dnb is all about the drums and the bass. Thats it. You have not made those sounds so you're missing the point. It takes more time to make the drums and the way to make original dnb breaks isn't by just looping someone elses break. Then you need to bring it all together to create "your sound".
But to each his own, who am I to judge...I'm out of order and if others like that style then good for you.
Have a whatever one.
Edit (To avoid a bump)
ravebot wrote:the only sound i didnt make is the breaks
Yeah o k
ravebot wrote:the bass i did, i use m audio drum & bass rig
So they ripped it straight off the record to sound like a rip-off, how crap how M-Audio. Not buyin' that. 2 hard sounds I got em' as is, right now.
ravebot wrote:so i really dont know wat ur talking about
No you really don't.
ravebot wrote:maybe someone else made a song sound almost the same
Three or four years ago. 2 artists. 2 Tunes.
ravebot wrote:but no i didnt just copy and paste
Yeah.
ravebot wrote:sometime dnb can sound all the same
No.
ravebot wrote:so just relax
Sparks spliff...relaxin' (and typin' hope that still counts :wink: )
ravebot wrote:everyone use samples
serious ?
ravebot wrote:if u use them smart

True "if" being the word. Shop smart shop S-Mart.
Last edited by kineticUk on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

ravebot

Post by ravebot » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:11 am

the only sound i didnt make is the breaks

the bass i did, i use m audio drum & bass rig
so i really dont know wat ur talking about
maybe someone else made a song sound almost the same
but no i didnt just copy and paste
sometime dnb can sound all the same
so just relax
everyone use samples
if u use them smart