Trigger finger or PadKontrol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Contra

Post by Contra » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:14 pm

compositeone wrote:Well if its good enough for Tom COSM its good enough for me. Seeing how he uses his padKONTROL and this being almost exactly how I forsee myself using a controller has made me take the plunge. Just ordered a padKONTROL so lets hope I made the right choice.

:D
you did.

:D

COSM

Post by COSM » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:45 am

radialson wrote:I may jump on that cosm wagon too.
I should work for Korg.

went to the gypsy

Post by went to the gypsy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:05 am

I own both.

The triggerfinger is like trying to dial home on a phone entirely made of marble--sexy? yes. sensitive? NO!

perhaps you want to use a ballpeen hammer to trigger your drums? TRIGGER Finger!

perhaps you want a responsive pad that acknowleges finger tips ... Pad Kontrol!

-wttg-

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:31 am

earsmack wrote:Something else that may or may not be an issue for you is that the Akai has the knobs on the right side of the pads. For my setup, they would get in the way since I have my pad on the left side of my work area. I prefer the PK because the pads are on the right side of the unit and are not obscured in any way. A small gripe but ergonomics can be important for some folks.
I actually have my mpd24 set up like this:

compositeone

Honestly, it really depends on what kind of drumming you do. If you want to do really sensitive drum/perc then the korg is the way to go. But the mpd 24's pads are great as well and the whole ting is solid as a rock which i like alot. the korg is real "plastic-y" feeling and the rubber grips on the bottom of mine are uneven which really annoys me when drumming with it because you dont get that solid response you get on something heavier like an actual MPC or the MPD.