Mouseless DJ/PA Templates Galore! 2-8 channels + mic

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:16 pm

depends what you're into.

personally i would probably use them for more control on the supatrigga crossfade. have a seperate fader to turn reverse on/off and maybe one for the grid.

would be cool not to have to change presets to switch the filter form hipass to lopass too.

all the midi cc numbers and stuff are in the documentation so it's pretty easy to reprogram.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

Contra

Post by Contra » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:57 am

gracias Conductor Gordo
:wink:

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 pm

any new news on the pc version?

*sigh*

Post by *sigh* » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:03 pm

[quote="The Phat Conductor"]

would be cool not to have to change presets to switch the filter form hipass to lopass too/quote]

have you checked cjyetman's doublesweep rack?

http://homepage.mac.com/cjyetman/deposit/effect.adg

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:18 pm

*bump*

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:36 pm

*sigh* wrote:
The Phat Conductor wrote:
would be cool not to have to change presets to switch the filter form hipass to lopass too/quote]

i designed this template to be used from live 5 because many of the people who buy it are still on live 5.

i also tried that double filter plugin and i found it hard to 'zero' it exactly at 50% when i was playing. you could map another knob or pad to turn the filter off and on but the nav presets are pretty packed as it is so i opted against it.

i think im going to make a pc version myself in the next little bit. i think i'll have to use the mackie control emulation in order to navigate, which means no browser unfortunately, but i just don't have the patience to figure out the navigation on a pc. that was really the only thing stopping me from doing it before. if anyone knows how to set it up, please let me know.

all the best

d

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Does anybody have a PadKontrol template setup for this they can send me?

In the MIDI mappings doc various things are listed as ch1, n1 - is the n1 just the CC number? I was hoping the MIDI mappings doc would list things the same as the list in the actual documentation.

Cheers.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:15 pm

fatrabbit wrote:Does anybody have a PadKontrol template setup for this they can send me?

In the MIDI mappings doc various things are listed as ch1, n1 - is the n1 just the CC number? I was hoping the MIDI mappings doc would list things the same as the list in the actual documentation.

Cheers.
the midi cc numbers are the same as in the documentation.

ch1 cc 1 = channel one cc one

ch 1 n1 = channel one note one, etc.

if you're on live 6 it's not as important to use controlaid for the macros, you could just midi learn multiple things to one fader. you could probably use my template with only midistroke.

if you are still having trouble in a couple days i'll go dig out the other people using the padkontrol and see if i can get them to send me thier midi mappings.

what other controller are you using?

laurence

Post by laurence » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:31 pm

looking forward to the pc version, good going man!
I have no pets but enjoy drawing pictures of insects and sending them to people

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:50 pm

fatrabbit wrote:Does anybody have a PadKontrol template setup for this they can send me?

Cheers.
the midi cc numbers are the same as in the documentation.

ch1 cc 1 = channel one cc one

ch 1 n1 = channel one note one, etc.

if you're on live 6 it's not as important to use controlaid for the macros, you could just midi learn multiple things to one fader. you could probably use my template with only midistroke.

if you are still having trouble in a couple days i'll go dig out the other people using the padkontrol and see if i can get them to send me thier midi mappings.

what other controller are you using?
OK Thanks... Yeah, it's best to give me a few days to look over it more when I get some time.

At the moment i've got a Novation Remote 25 (discontinued one I think) too.

tricil

Post by tricil » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 am

The Phat Conductor wrote: i think im going to make a pc version myself in the next little bit. i think i'll have to use the mackie control emulation in order to navigate, which means no browser unfortunately, but i just don't have the patience to figure out the navigation on a pc. that was really the only thing stopping me from doing it before. if anyone knows how to set it up, please let me know.
too bad i can't update to 6 running media center... =(

i tried so hard dylan... but not having a trigger finger, and using a hard wired midi in to midi out cord from the firebox as my additional macro controller from my keyboard and poor navigation was a recipe for migraine upon migraine. =(

i must say, this template would be A LOT easier with the new macro-mapping.

john
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:31 am

tricil wrote:
The Phat Conductor wrote: i think im going to make a pc version myself in the next little bit. i think i'll have to use the mackie control emulation in order to navigate, which means no browser unfortunately, but i just don't have the patience to figure out the navigation on a pc. that was really the only thing stopping me from doing it before. if anyone knows how to set it up, please let me know.

i tried so hard dylan... but not having a trigger finger, and using a hard wired midi in to midi out cord from the firebox as my additional macro controller from my keyboard and poor navigation was a recipe for migraine upon migraine. =(

john
it's all good man, no worries. once i finish up the remixes i'm working on i'll have time to make a pc version. the only missing thing will be browser access, but that's not the end of the world.

all the best

tricil

Post by tricil » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:16 pm

tricil wrote:

john
it's all good man, no worries. once i finish up the remixes i'm working on i'll have time to make a pc version. the only missing thing will be browser access, but that's not the end of the world.

all the best
read that new "clickable" mouse template post... that was exactly what i was working on down to the T

(bome, auto hot keys)

he just had more time and i am workign on 2 albums, 2 tours, and a few remixes.... BOGGED!
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

djthopa

hello mate

Post by djthopa » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:14 am

Hi Phatconductor!!! Just wanted to let you know that many, many of your posts have been very helpful.
I doubt I got more time than you though....I work in a insurance co. in the mornings, finishing my third album on the afternoons and getting two live dj sets mixed down.
Shouldnt days have 40 hours at least? I always seem to have not enough time...and I bet I´m not the only one!!!

Best regards mate keep up your work, it´s inspiring

*sigh*

Post by *sigh* » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:00 am

*sigh* wrote:

i designed this template to be used from live 5 because many of the people who buy it are still on live 5.

i also tried that double filter plugin and i found it hard to 'zero' it exactly at 50% when i was playing. you could map another knob or pad to turn the filter off and on but the nav presets are pretty packed as it is so i opted against it.

i think im going to make a pc version myself in the next little bit. i think i'll have to use the mackie control emulation in order to navigate, which means no browser unfortunately, but i just don't have the patience to figure out the navigation on a pc. that was really the only thing stopping me from doing it before. if anyone knows how to set it up, please let me know.

all the best

d
I know what you mean about centering the hi/lo pass knob and I found it not to be that transparent in its filtering, but hey, it's a beta. The rack is much better. (and v.6 only)

my setup uses bomes to map to arrow keys and the browser shortcut (CTRL+shift+B) to navigate etc, but I can't believe you haven't thought of that. Anything else specific?

and may I second djthopa's props to you and tricil (hope the court thing went okay), good work.