Mouseless DJ/PA Templates Galore! 2-8 channels + mic

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
napalmskatterjazz

Post by napalmskatterjazz » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:45 pm

The Phat Conductor wrote:
tricil wrote:
The Phat Conductor wrote: i think im going to make a pc version myself in the next little bit. i think i'll have to use the mackie control emulation in order to navigate, which means no browser unfortunately, but i just don't have the patience to figure out the navigation on a pc. that was really the only thing stopping me from doing it before. if anyone knows how to set it up, please let me know.
too bad i can't update to 6 running media center... =(

i tried so hard dylan... but not having a trigger finger, and using a hard wired midi in to midi out cord from the firebox as my additional macro controller from my keyboard and poor navigation was a recipe for migraine upon migraine. =(

i must say, this template would be A LOT easier with the new macro-mapping.

john
it's all good man, no worries. once i finish up the remixes i'm working on i'll have time to make a pc version. the only missing thing will be browser access, but that's not the end of the world.

all the best
hey phat if you need the Bome midi translater template to do the up down left right enter stuff Ive got that for you sitting here on my machine, If you want specific cc's ican make a new template for you fast like lighting. Ive got somthin similar set up on my bcr2k... all the happy rainbows to you brother.
2.0Ghz Coreduo PC notebook, 4GB ram, Overclocked to hell sittin on aluminum extra fans w/ no drivebay or pcmcia...
2.8Ghz Quadcore on Asus MB, 4GBRam, Dual 512MB SLI Graphics both @16x.

napalmskatterjazz

Post by napalmskatterjazz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:25 am

alright you PC geeks im here to throw a little napalm on yer brains... Autohotkeys is my wishiwasobjectoriented bich. Its 1:23am and I just slapped this script together, so start bumrushing this cat with PC requests starting tommorrow afternoon, for real I wanna see some Gimme Gimme's up in this mug.
2.0Ghz Coreduo PC notebook, 4GB ram, Overclocked to hell sittin on aluminum extra fans w/ no drivebay or pcmcia...

deeflash

Post by deeflash » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:18 am

so that means it's ready for pc?

Patch

Post by Patch » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:02 am

napalmskatterjazz wrote:for real I wanna see some Gimme Gimme's up in this mug.
I got a request for you -

Mouseless navigation, where the file you select from the browser is dropped into the session view in THE LEAST CLIP SLOT that was selected before you changed focus to the browser.

So you made Autohotkeys your bitch, eh? Good work. I've been meaning for a while now to show Autohotkeys that my pimpin' hand is waaaaay strong...

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:51 pm

anyone know what 'shift focus left' is on the pc? it's alt/opt left on the mac...
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

nukage

Post by nukage » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:21 pm

it'd be nice to see some custom reaktor modules to go along with this... most of the idm/core guys ive seen play use some kind of reaktor shit for very complex and live beatfuckery.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:33 pm

yea, reaktor is badass, but i don't trust it in a live situation just yet. i've had too many crashes in the studio.

i also need my headroom for arkaos and ms pinky ;)

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Yeah Reaktor is great... but it's the whole setting up and recalling of instruments/patches that worries me... seems a bit troublesome.

BDSS

Post by BDSS » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 pm

This looks very interesting, and $30 really isn't a lot of money... But it's really the sort of thing that would sell much more if people could demo it (I know this isn't really possible).
Also, shouldn't Ableton have something built-in to handle this? It seems a little strange to me that it is left to 'power users' like TPC to figure out.

BDSS

Post by BDSS » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:55 pm

Excuse the double post, but just out of complete curiosity, how many have you sold? Not an exact number, but 10s? 100s? 1000s?! :-D

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:34 pm

i'm too low tek to figure out how to make a demo, hence the vid.

i'm not doing too badly from these things actually. i had originally thought of it as spare cash but it's turned out pretty nicely. my standards are pretty low though... my rent is only $375 canadian :D

i could sell a lot more once i get that pc version tho... ;)

napalmskatterjazz

Post by napalmskatterjazz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:18 am

its done. like what just happened to yer face man. pm me with troubleshooting bullshit.

tricil

Post by tricil » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:37 am

napalmskatterjazz wrote:its done. like what just happened to yer face man. pm me with troubleshooting bullshit.
huh?
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:32 am

ok, so i got a bome's file from napalm and figured out a way to do it without autohotkeys. i'm redoing the macros in ableton now and the pc version of the template will be ready by tomorrow morning :D

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:47 pm

it's done!

the pc template is now ready. you need bome's, midi yoke, and supatrigga but it all works wonderfully.