Problem : Live 6 Sync Hardware

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:01 pm

I had been using a hardware sequencer for a while , I know the hardware will sync. I haven't hooked up my rig yet. Do keep us posted!!

Chouch21

Post by Chouch21 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Made a lot of tests with different Midi Interfaces, differents Synths, different notes, controlling the delay compensation... always the same problem. Live can't manage Clock + Notes properly. I've tried also with Live 6.0.3... the same...

I'm a bit disapointed, I can't use Live with machines :cry: only with soft synths...

krikor

Post by krikor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:06 pm

Chouch21 wrote:Made a lot of tests with different Midi Interfaces, differents Synths, different notes, controlling the delay compensation... always the same problem. Live can't manage Clock + Notes properly. I've tried also with Live 6.0.3... the same...
It does not manage sync properly at all!!!!!!
still no word from ableton on this topic

Chouch21

Post by Chouch21 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:58 pm

It's obvious when you put Live as a slave sync with a clock from a Hard Seq, the tempo in live varies ... Seems to be the same when Live is Master

PLease Ableton tell us you're studying the problem. I'm mad spent money for something that's not working :cry:

Chouch21

Post by Chouch21 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:19 pm

I've made a new test. Maybe it can help your teams.

Cubase SX3 as MAster > Live as Slave (REWIRE):

Midi from Live thru > Cubase with its own clock > to my HArd Synth (arpeggio ON) Everything's PERFECT ! In time, NO de-SYNC !!!!

(Same tests with Midi & Clock from Cubase and Live as Rewire Slave = no problems)

krikor

Post by krikor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Chouch21 wrote:I've made a new test. Maybe it can help your teams.

Cubase SX3 as MAster > Live as Slave (REWIRE):

Midi from Live thru > Cubase with its own clock > to my HArd Synth (arpeggio ON) Everything's PERFECT ! In time, NO de-SYNC !!!!

(Same tests with Midi & Clock from Cubase and Live as Rewire Slave = no problems)
yes obviously this prooves the midi sync in ableton is crap but i cant' be using logic (in my case) in rewire while playing live.
i think it should be a priority, please ableton this has been fuct since live4!!!!

dbone

Support cases

Post by dbone » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Hey guys - one thing that occurs to me is that as advertised, Ableton do NOT monitor these forums every day. It's going to be more effective if we open support cases -- maybe if they see more directly how many people are affected and have some specifics to go on in terms of troubleshooting, we can help them fix the problem.

Forums are a great place to share ideas and see if we can fix the problems ourselves. IF we don't generate support cases however, they just become a support group/biyatch session.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Dylan

Chouch21

Post by Chouch21 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:42 pm

i cant' be using logic (in my case) in rewire while playing live.
Me neither of course...(for live performance)
Forums are a great place to share ideas and see if we can fix the problems ourselves.
Yeah but one of the Ableton team asked for differents tests... that's what i've done so I report them here...

krikor

Post by krikor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:42 pm

well Amaury did participate on this topic but in november and since that we are on 603, but nothing is fixed...

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:06 pm

I remember someone said shutting off his wireless on his laptop proved effective in handling this. Is it possible there are other taxes on your systems that would help if deactivated? For instance, are you using the same computer for sequencing as you are to visit these forums and write these messages? If so, are you running antivirus? Anything else?

krikor

Post by krikor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 pm

EddieJ wrote:I remember someone said shutting off his wireless on his laptop proved effective in handling this. Is it possible there are other taxes on your systems that would help if deactivated? For instance, are you using the same computer for sequencing as you are to visit these forums and write these messages? If so, are you running antivirus? Anything else?
it doesn't change anything for me, actually when i play live no other app are running, and my cpu is far from being overdriven!!!

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:10 pm

Well, I finally got everything up and running. I am very pleased to report Live is giving me no sync trouble whatsoever. My setup is in my signature. I'm using a Gateway M275 Tablet PC. I have a 1.7GHz processor and 512 MB Ram.
It might help to mention I am using no softsynths, computer samples, or audio of any kind. The only thing Ableton is doing for me is playing/ receiving MIDI.

krikor

Post by krikor » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 pm

EddieJ wrote:Well, I finally got everything up and running. I am very pleased to report Live is giving me no sync trouble whatsoever. My setup is in my signature. I'm using a Gateway M275 Tablet PC. I have a 1.7GHz processor and 512 MB Ram.
It might help to mention I am using no softsynths, computer samples, or audio of any kind. The only thing Ableton is doing for me is playing/ receiving MIDI.
It doesn't solve anythin' really, you found a way around the problem but still...
I need to use ableton with audio clips softsynth and hardware synchro

machinedelmorte

Post by machinedelmorte » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:42 am

i found messing with the ASIO worked for me. Sometimes the sample rate is off.

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:31 am

machinedelmorte wrote:i found messing with the ASIO worked for me. Sometimes the sample rate is off.
The sample rate of the audio driver is causing the MIDI clock signal to cause external MIDI gear to drift?