I want my clips to loop - but with no warp effects

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spherop

I want my clips to loop - but with no warp effects

Post by spherop » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:29 pm

i have exported loops from a production i did in cubase. the track is at 113 bpm. every audio bit is exactly X (1,2, 4 etc) bars in length and therefore can loop exactly in time at 113 bpm.

some elements are percussion, some guits, bass, drums etc. Even longer elements like a saxophone solo. but even that is an exact audio sample X bars long.

ok - so here's the issue - i cannot for the life of me see how to get live to loop these things without it warping them which is unnecessary. i tried repitch - but that has inconsistent results. sometimes works for part of the sample...but then part way through suddenly it's pitched an octave down or something weird.

so what does one do in this situation? i must be missing something obvious - thanks for your thoughts.

Michael-SW

Re: I want my clips to loop - but with no warp effects

Post by Michael-SW » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:33 pm

spherop wrote:....i tried repitch - but that has inconsistent results. sometimes works for part of the sample...but then part way through suddenly it's pitched an octave down or something weird.

so what does one do in this situation? i must be missing something obvious - thanks for your thoughts.
That is VERY strange! Are you sure you have no yellow warp markers, except for the very start of the loop and that Live understands that the tempo of each loop is exactly 113 bpm?

Fernando Carvalho

Post by Fernando Carvalho » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:34 pm

Deactive warp and use use follow actions. This way you can program the clip to "play again" after the number os bars that you want

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:42 pm

Fernando Carvalho wrote:Deactive warp and use use follow actions. This way you can program the clip to "play again" after the number os bars that you want
Correct !

(however it would be convenient if Live did allow normal looped playback with Warp mode disabled)

Cheers !

jase
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 pm

You may also want to check that your sample and bit rate are the same in both hosts? If your loops are cut exactly to the bar at a certain tempo, then you import into LIVE and use repitch I can't see why that shouldn't work properly.
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:01 am

Drums