just got 6..where are all the electronica clips

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djZen

just got 6..where are all the electronica clips

Post by djZen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:37 am

hello everyone!! I finally got it .my first version and a 6 it is...nice very nice...where the heck are all the electronic clips I remeber seeing so prevelent in my friends copy of 5 last year? There was oodles of them its how I first got intrested....tons of funky bleepy glitchy stuff..now its all accoustic soundin shzl...whattup with that Ableton?

didnt really see a whole lot of anyclips other than those for operator..? Am I dooing something wrong? I scanned the whole library as well .....whattup?

I downloaded a few live 5 packs as well looks like those were mostly presets....any suggestions

thnks

MacBook Intel 1.8 1g ram..... :?:

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:54 am

hmm if u cant find any electronic clips in <library path>\Clips\ folder then maybe you need to update your eyeglasses prescription :P

meekspeaker

Post by meekspeaker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:17 am

these boys are good n'all and they have free demos http://www.trackteamaudio.com/
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41Ghz, 2GB Ram, Ableton Live 8.0.9, Novation Remote 37SL, Novation X-Station 25 - http://www.myspace.com/meekspeaker

"...i didn't mean to call you a c**t i meant to call you a tosser. that was a bit harsh..."

djZen

Post by djZen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:49 am

checked there ...... the obvious location........spare me the wit and slyness emptiglass...everything is electronic...what i mean is BEATS yo! the electronic'a' ..you missed the A wheres all the beat clips :)
if you havnt seen the clips in six ...most of them are reserved for when you buy $$ Oprerator....if you havnt seen that yet its rather amusing..they are gettin 'Lite' of the beat clips.

peace yall & thanks for playin

great link meekspeaker,emtptipond, keep it witty and say titty

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:19 am

you didnt enjoy the 104 clips that make use of impulse and some fx in ..\Clips\Beats\Electronic?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 am

freqn

Post by freqn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 pm

In your synth. Plug in and sample away.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:08 pm

if the defaults aren't enough, you could always <gasp> make your own ;)

djZen

Directory Duplications?

Post by djZen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:31 am

To clarify...the Beats flder was missing entirely.....you guys dont get it...the beats file wasnt showing up at all ! It was driving me nuts..imagine ..my first Ableton and no beats ..just tons EIC accoustics...This version is haunted , or its becomming alive ..Ive actually had many bizare issues with this copy I purchased starting with the serial # being rejected ! WTF

So..... I finally found the beats folder after hunting via OSX finder .....but it wasnt in the Ableton main library folder!!...it was buried under Apples Library/Application Support /Ableton/Clips..why the Fck wouldnt it show up in the main Ableton Library ..Also there were duplicate file names with differrent clips entilrely!? I had a demo version on here before but it was deleted ..not sure why this duplication of directories would exist

Any body heard of this....thanks for all the feed back...
id be making my own clips if
i knew how..peace

Z

djZen

My new 6 is missing its beats folder!

Post by djZen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:49 am

You guys wont belive this...after further review...the beats I found were from the 05 Demo I downloaded...unbelivable..this brand new boxed copy is missing its beats folder! Unbelievable....its no where to be found...anyone ever heard of this..Id reinstall it but its only authorized for 2 unlocks...

ever heard of or seen this happen ? any suggestions from the Ableton Family?
Last edited by djZen on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:54 am

did you actually dl and install all the packs which hoffmann linked to?

because basically live does not have any of it's content on the dvd's except the eic, ( & except the 1 or 2 very very basic packs)

it's all downloaded from the website

djZen

Thnks

Post by djZen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 am

As far as the live packs on the DL site...no Ableton says if you have a hard copy. they are not necessary??( I guess thats not the case)...as far as the Operator DL linked by hofman..couldnt get it to DL ..it seems to need the new update to 6.03 which my machine is being declined due to my serial # being declared as 'already registered' if you can believe that one! My bros at guitar center are scratching their heads on this one..but I gotta be honest...all this BS IVe encountered with this hard copy has really got me gaining a whole new level of determination.....I need to speak to support again on this..

Do you have the DL
Hofman was linking?

THnks I just saw your edit..IVe started DLdng the sampler kit.....and I gues all the others as well...Peace Man..... Well yall thanks for tunning in to the 'Fckng New Guy Hour' brought to you by a new guy near you! time for some ice cold Vodka shots.. cheers

djZen

Post by djZen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:40 am

longjohns wrote:did you actually dl and install all the packs which hoffmann linked to?

because basically live does not have any of it's content on the dvd's except the eic, ( & except the 1 or 2 very very basic packs)

it's all downloaded from the website
hey man DLd the kit and it will not work with out an unlock code for Sampler..for 200$

typical I should have bought 5 last summer..Im a little dissapointed in this whole Ableton 6 experience thus far.

djZen

UPDATE

Post by djZen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:30 pm

all the ' Beat Clips '

are now found in

Clips/Drums/Electronica there is no beat folder anymore

its been fun playing and fiddlin on this one.

peace

BTW cats I already had 6000 Apple loops on standby but dig the Ableton system of hide and seek!

:D

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:01 pm

get in touch with support via email about your serial number problem,i had a problem because the email address stored by ableton was incorrect and so i could not log into the website.