The Definitive Live Autohotkeys script!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:16 pm

I've just updated the 'Ultimate' script (starting to hate that name!) to incorporate ilia's Mouse Wheel Zoom script, with permission. As I'm still in work I haven't tested it just yet but will do when I get home tonight - you can grab it from the first post of this thread.

Glad to see more people doing the scripting thing! Drb & SubQ, do you mind if I incorporate your last two into mine? I can see functions start to overlap though - I'm thinking of giving control over an .ini file from AHK's tray menu to allow the user to quickly reconfigure functions, as in the Ghoster script I found on this page.

One suggestion: it might be tidier when posting script code on the forum here to wrap it in the Code Tag

i.e. (with each command enclosed in []s ) code /code ... it makes it easier to distinguish posts from text and, well, it goes all green!

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:29 pm

Thumbs up here. It would be nice to have the main functions on only one big script. Another suggestion is to resume the functions and respective key shortcuts, like I did in my last post, for easy understanding.

cheers,
coelho
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

drb

Post by drb » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm

rozling wrote:! Drb & SubQ, do you mind if I incorporate your last two into mine? !
Please feel free to do so.

I was never able to get the mouse scroll scripts to do anythuing. I wonder if my srcoll wheel is weird somehow. Maybe im trying the wrong function?

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Nice one, thanks! Good point SubQ, it's probably a good idea to list the keyboard commands & new functions whenever there's a new script/update.

I'm gonna play around with everyone's scripts tonight and see how I get on - in the meantime here are the latest functions:

Pause ¦¦ Suspends the script no matter what window is open - N.B. the hotkeys are still mapped and some keys might not be passed to whatever window you have open.

Space ¦¦ Disabled (toggles clip/device view).

Tab ¦¦ Browser open/close

ALT+1...3 ¦¦ Browsers 1,2,3, & select first item **Needs compatibility update w/L6**

Alt+4...5 ¦¦ Devices/Plugin

` ¦¦ Browser preview

Windows Key ¦¦ Toggle clip/device view

Right Alt Key ¦¦ Track/clip view

Right Ctrl key ¦¦ Alt (with arrow keys) change focus between Browser-Session-Clips/Devices.

Pageup/pagedown ¦¦ Undo/Redo

/, \, & RShift ¦¦ Cut/Copy/Paste

F1 - F10 ¦¦ Remapped to symbols in order to make them assignable using Live's key mapping.

Insert ¦¦ Inserts a scene (when Clip View is in focus).

[ ¦¦ Maximise Clip View (need to make this toggleable to both maximise & minimise)

Ctrl+f ¦¦ Find

'-'&'=' ¦¦ Mapped to '-'&'+' for one-press zooming.

'right-click'/'menu' ¦¦ (beside Right Alt) ***USE WITH CAUTION*** Clicks mouse in the middle of Session view (to be replaced with a mouseup/down for less risk)

Ctrl+Shift+b ¦¦ Highlight clip brace start **still in development**

Patch

Post by Patch » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Has anyone had any luck AHK wise with mouseless navigation? The functionality I've been looking into is this:

-Navigate using keys/midi to an empty clip slot in the session view (ie - Track 4, scene 9) and highlight clip slot
-Change focus to browser
-Select track
-Populate originally selected clip slot (Track 4, scene 9) with selected track

Does AHK support keystroke replacement of mouse click/drag? And if so - how do you make the click/drag end point match the original screen co-ordinates selected by highlighting the original clip slot?

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:41 pm

I was just thinking about this last night. I could've sworn with Live 5 that if you pressed Ctrl+c on an item in the browser, highlight Session & Ctrl+v'd it, it'd load in the previously selected clip slot - it doesn't do that anymore anyway.

AHK supports Click+Drag - it's used in the Expand Clip Edit Window section. I think it can maybe be done - it has the potential for cockups but might be worth pursuing. It might work like this:

- Highlight a clip slot in Session
- Set focus to browser using <magic button 1>(in doing this the script would store the location, by looking at the colour, of the selected clip slot)
- Use the arrow keys/joystick/whatever to find your track & highlight it
- Press <magic button 2> and the script checks the browser for 'highlighted browser item colour', clicks on it and then drags it to the location it remembers for 'selected clip slot'.

Patch

Post by Patch » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Sounds good! But what if the coloured clip slot (the originally selected one) is the same colour as anything else on the screen?

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:14 pm

rozling wrote:I was just thinking about this last night. I could've sworn with Live 5 that if you pressed Ctrl+c on an item in the browser, highlight Session & Ctrl+v'd it, it'd load in the previously selected clip slot - it doesn't do that anymore anyway.
yes you're right, that was the case. I havent tried it for a while, would be odd that its not there anymore...

OK just installed the demo at work & it does work. Did you mean it doesnt paste to the previously selected clip or that it doesnt paste at all?

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:42 pm

At all - it has no effect. I'd do the same (install at work) except I've a feeling I wouldn't get away with it. Bah.

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:43 pm

Has anyone had any luck AHK wise with mouseless navigation? The functionality I've been looking into is this:

-Navigate using keys/midi to an empty clip slot in the session view (ie - Track 4, scene 9) and highlight clip slot
-Change focus to browser
-Select track
Yes Patch, you can do it, but only with mouse coordinates. If you add a track or change the resolution, you're gone. As for using AhKeys with midi controllers, I'll try it with Bome's later this week.

Rozling, as for the "browser" function, I prefer Mike's solution, with just one key to each folder, using mouse coordinates. Ok, there's always a change, but it's dead easy to personalize that.

I like the pause function. Would also like to have scroll zooming, bu tdunno how to program this...

Here's some other shit I find useful, from my script - maybe is worth adding.:

Remove Stop Button - o
Toggle Pen Mode - p
Duplicate -d
Sixteen Note QUantization - 6
Eight Note Quantization - 7
Quarter Note Quantization - 8
1 Bar Quantization - 0
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:06 pm

Ta-da! Just uploaded the latest version with the Scroll-Zooming.

Also included is Drb's Expand Edit Window, again commented out until I can, eh, get it working properly (it's designed for use at 1280*1024 resolution).

SubQ I've included the second half of your script, commented out as I didn't have time to see if they conflict with the existing commands. This is starting to get confusing :) I found your 'Live' Window Group idea really helpful so have updated the script to incorporate that throughout.

About the Browser function (& probably anything where there's more than one method out there) I'll probably include all versions in comments & give people the option - ultimately I would *hope* to make this all user-configurable via a .ini file ála this script. This could get potentially get rid of any issues with different resolutions, too.
Last edited by rozling on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm

thx

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:23 pm

SubQ wrote:

-Change focus to browser
-Select track
Yes Patch, you can do it, but only with mouse coordinates. If you add a track or change the resolution, you're gone. As for using AhKeys with midi controllers, I'll try it with Bome's later this week.
I'm not sure that there's only one way to do this. For different resolutions people can change the coordinates if they want the function enough (hopefully this script will take care of that in the future - no promises though). Personally I want this script to be robust enough to handle adding a track while DJing, although I don't think I normally do this....

Anyway I discovered this script earlier today which apparently allows you to launch script functions with MIDI notes :twisted: It does require a freeware prog called "KeyKit" though so not ideal - most people will probably be using Bome anyway...

BTW I've updated the script to include Sutter's Browser/Clip View/Session highlight script.

drb

Post by drb » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:23 pm

Patch wrote: Does AHK support keystroke replacement of mouse click/drag? And if so - how do you make the click/drag end point match the original screen co-ordinates selected by highlighting the original clip slot?
Yes it does. Look at my script for edit window changes in this same thread. It saves the mouse coordinates, click-drags the mouse, and returns the mouse where it was.

[If you write the Djing script, please share.]
AHK is powerful.

rozling

Post by rozling » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:47 am

Just got clip loading from Browser -> Session working 8). To guarantee compatibility set your screen resolution to 1024*768, change your skin to Metal, and drag the Browser resize bar until it's underneath the bar just to the left of the Start button. The script won't look below the Clip Detail View (even if it's minimised).

To load a file:
- using the arrow keys (or whatever) select the Clip slot you want to load your clip/mp3 into.
- Press l (lowercase 'L') - this 'primes' the slot for loading
- The browser will be highlighted. Use the arrow keys (or whatever) to select the track you want to load.
- Press Ctrl+l. The track will be dragged into your previously highlighted clip slot, as if by magic.

How much do ya love me?

This works pretty much by the method I described earlier - I used part of Sutter's Setting Focus script for it. I don't really know if there's an easy way to get this working on all skins at all resolutions - it currently looks for a specific colour (i.e. that of 'something selected') which i presume changes with skins.

It's not perfect but it's a start - I encourage people to have a mess around with it and see if you can improve anything! If you do modify it for your skin/resolution be a sport and post it up here/pm it to me - I'll include it commented out for anyone who has the same setup.

Off to bed for me.