Where are the Essential Instruments?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mcintosh_i

Where are the Essential Instruments?

Post by mcintosh_i » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi,

This is a newbie question. I have Live Lite 6, and I enabled the Demo for Essential Instruments. Um...where are they? Are they supposed to appear in the Devices panel on the left? Do I have to download a separate EIC demo package? I'm missing something here, quite literally.

cheers,
Ian

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:36 pm

The EIC comes on 2 DVDs in the Live 6 boxed version.

mcintosh_i

Post by mcintosh_i » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:53 pm

So how come there's an option to demo it in the Live Lite edition?

mbenigni

Post by mbenigni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:05 pm

I was a little confused by all this myself. Final solution: ignore it. (Which isn't exactly a marketing score for Ableton LOL.)

inclination

Post by inclination » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:18 pm

how do you install those eic packages do you have to drag them to a certain map in ableton ?

mcintosh_i

Post by mcintosh_i » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:36 am

Ok, thanks for the replies folks. It does seem weird that they would even have it part of the "demoable" products, but then not have any way of actually doing that without buying the CDs. :?

But then after reading a bit more about it on these forums, it's pretty clear that there's no real way they're going to be able to include a few GB worth of data (that may or may not be used) with every version. Still, for those of us with a bit left in the download quota at the end of the month, it would be nice for Ableton to offer even a subset of the EIC for demo purposes, which obviously would be enabled by the existing demo button in the Preferences. Would certainly help me decide whether to buy it or not.

cheers,
Ian

stutter

Post by stutter » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:43 am

can't help you; like you say, it's a lot of data. Ableton are pretty good about this though - look here:
http://www.ableton.com/livepacks
and if you don't have those installed you then clicky-clicky