1Ghz Ibook and Live 6

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lacerate

1Ghz Ibook and Live 6

Post by lacerate » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 am

Is anyone here running Live 6 on a 1ghz Ibook??
If ya are, how is it running, especially with plug-ins eg. NI? What sort of cpu % is the program using eg. on a 10 track-150 scene set/ or simply using the new efx on a few tracks? I'm thinking about the upgrade but I don't really want to take a major hit in slowing down my processes as they are. My main reason to upgrade is due to the fact that I collaborate with a mate who is using Live 6 and its a real hassle transferring sets/files/etc due to the non backwards compatibility between Live 5 and 6. This is for performance based sets so it seems like it would save us a lot of preparation time especially as we are getting our heads around the new file management system.
Thanks for any tips!
Cheers!

Zerobae

Post by Zerobae » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:00 am

I haven't really counted tracks or effects to see how much my old iBook will handle, but one thing I can say is that Live 6 does seem more efficient even on my machine. For instance, the handling of the Arrangement View was optimized and it will work much smoother in 6.
But as I said, I can't give you exact numbers.

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:40 am

Zerobae wrote:I haven't really counted tracks or effects to see how much my old iBook will handle, but one thing I can say is that Live 6 does seem more efficient even on my machine. For instance, the handling of the Arrangement View was optimized and it will work much smoother in 6.
But as I said, I can't give you exact numbers.
i second that - i can't give you exact numbers either, but live 6 definitely feels a bit better than 5 on my ibook 1.33ghz. racks are definitely more way more efficient than using track routing to the same effect in live 5. that alone was worth it for me.