Komplete 2 in Live?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.

Komplete 2 in Live?

Post by Guest » Thu May 06, 2004 11:39 am

I'm salivating 'cause I've got NI's Komplete 2 bundle coming in the mail, and was wondering if the Spektral Delay or Vokator work well (if at all) in Live? What about the various Reaktor effects? Do they show up and work painlessly? I'm on a G3 mac, so this will undoubtedly destroy it, but am getting a G5 asap... :twisted:

technova

spek

Post by technova » Thu May 06, 2004 2:39 pm

yes i am can confirm that spek del works fine as a vst plugin
but that is using osx on a g4
What we think, we become.
--Buddha

forge

Post by forge » Sat May 08, 2004 3:21 am

I've used all of them on a G3 Powerbook, but some had tracktion as host (mine arrived the other day)

just to let you know, there's been a problem with Absynth (all platforms) they're doing a new patch monday, but I haven't got Abasynth working on the mac yet.

I still cant get over the fact that I got all those instruments for 500 euros - the NI stuff sounds amazing, unfortunately they aren't in the habit of fully beta testing everything before they realease it - they have alot of bugs. Shame, it drives alot of people crazy, but the sounds are so fantastic.

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2004 12:53 pm

I agree on the price - for the price of Kontakt alone, it was $800 Australian in every store I went to. Now for a slight bit more, I get 10 friggin' intstruments!!

Shame about the bugs etc. though...

gaspode

yeppers

Post by gaspode » Mon May 10, 2004 1:10 pm

you can use spek/vokator/reaktor as a pluggin in live... be forewarned though, you do *not* want to be dragging these into a set you're playing live. You'll want them in the tracks when you first get loaded up to play, vokator alone takes upwards of 10-30 seconds to load... and it has the pleasent effect of causing your system to stutter while doing this.

Once loaded, it is very cool, and all the parameters are very easy to mess with to create new sounds...

Reaktor isn't nearly as bad, and most patches load in a reasonable amount of time...

No experience with spek delay... but it ought to work fine.

forge

Post by forge » Mon May 10, 2004 5:57 pm

personally not so sure about using any of the NI stuff live, I tend to create sounds and loops with them via FLStudio and then use them as audio files

I find in general Live works best and most solidly if you keep it simple and use all it's own cool stuff with the envelopes etc, using extra plug-ins even when stable is definitely more unpredictable - though I dont have many problems, I'd tend to do more messing about in the studio as it would just be that once that it'd be on stage!

jed

Post by jed » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:39 pm

Reaktor worked for me about five times, crashed Live, and now crashes live everytime I drag an instance into any session. Trashed prefs etc. to no avail. depressing.

djadonis206

depressing

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:21 pm

I hope NI NI gets their respective bugs worked out before the release of Live 4 - I was planning on going full on with Battery and Kontakt

gaspode

mmmmm

Post by gaspode » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:59 pm

Battery and Kontakt...

Actually sounds like you may be able to do without Battery in Live 4 now...

forge

Re: mmmmm

Post by forge » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:37 pm

gaspode wrote:Battery and Kontakt...

Actually sounds like you may be able to do without Battery in Live 4 now...
yep, although that thing where you can assign the modwheel to change the loop length is a hugekly wicked effect - if impulse does that, fine, but I get the feeling Battery will still have it's uses