internal midi-links are just monophonic?!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
sellotape

internal midi-links are just monophonic?!

Post by sellotape » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:35 pm

i wanted to use a step-sequencer to program my drums but the drumchannel just recieves one note at same time?

scyhte

Post by scyhte » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:06 am

*bump*

same here, i cant use any vst-sequencer to lay down drums. this really sucks! i dont like programming drums through midi clips. i mean there are some pretty nice vst-sequencers out there, but you can't use them with this "revolutionary" program.
Asus F3Sv 2x2.2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, WinXP | Edirol FA-66 Firewire | Live 7.0.2

scyhte

Post by scyhte » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:15 pm

*bump!*

anyone encountered this problem too? :/

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi,

do you know what MIDI channels the sequencer sends? You should describe how you use the sequencer, what are the settings, ans which sequencer it is, you would get more answers.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

scyhte

Post by scyhte » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 am

hi amaury,
sorry for the poor description. we thought this would be a major problem but it doesn't seem so. ^^
well, ok.
the sequencer we wanted to use is made with reaktor. it is set to send notes on channel 1 and lies in track 2. in track 1 lies impulse/drumazon and is set to recieve on all channels. i tested several channels, everytime the same. i tried it with other, built in sequencers in reaktor (for example drum16) and with a demo version of sonicbytes era 2...same here.
everytime the sequencers play more than one note at the same time, the notes seem to cancel each other out.
tried it with tracktion, it worked. simply chained the midi out from reaktor/era to the midi in of drumazon and some other drumsamplers and it worked perfectly.
simple midi linking of instruments that lie in the same track would easily solve this problem i think. :wink:

cheers,
jens

UnderwaterSunlight

Reaktor Sequencers : I also encounter this problem

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 pm

Hi, yes, I have also only monophonic Reaktor Sequencer output when hosting them in Live 6. Any Reaktor SYNTHS, however, work like a charm also in polyphonic mode.

I work with PC under Win. XP SP2 and Live 6.09 (but in the changelog to version 6.0.10 the problem's solution wasn't addressed either.)

Oooh, how I long to have polyphonic Reaktor sequencer output...

Please, dear Abletonians, resolve that issue very soon now.

Cheers,
Roland
Apple MacBook Air M2 (2022), 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, MacOS 12 Monterey (up-to-date), Ableton 11 Standard (up-to-date), NI Komplete 14, Steinberg UR22 mkII

Amaury

Re: Reaktor Sequencers : I also encounter this problem

Post by Amaury » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:27 pm

UnderwaterSunlight wrote:Hi, yes, I have also only monophonic Reaktor Sequencer output when hosting them in Live 6. Any Reaktor SYNTHS, however, work like a charm also in polyphonic mode.

I work with PC under Win. XP SP2 and Live 6.09 (but in the changelog to version 6.0.10 the problem's solution wasn't addressed either.)

Oooh, how I long to have polyphonic Reaktor sequencer output...

Please, dear Abletonians, resolve that issue very soon now.

Cheers,
Roland
Hi,

Could you send a detailed report to support@ableton.com, they should have Reaktor to test this. Also, include the details asked for on that page:
http://www.ableton.com/pages/support_contact

Let me know how it goes.
Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

UnderwaterSunlight

I just filed a support request with Ableton Support

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 pm

I turned to C.Kleine of the Support at Ableton AG and described the problem in great detail, I even included the pertinent Live Set and 2 Reaktor ensembles.

I guess they can "successfully" replicate the case in point.

Yes, the Reaktor Sequencers, when hosted by Live 6.0.9 or 6.0.10, although they are polyphonic, are only received monophonic by another Reaktor Ensemble in another of Live's tracks.

Please care about this BURNING issue asap.

Roland
Apple MacBook Air M2 (2022), 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, MacOS 12 Monterey (up-to-date), Ableton 11 Standard (up-to-date), NI Komplete 14, Steinberg UR22 mkII

Comfy

Post by Comfy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Ive had this trouble too with Reaktor. Not just with the monophic issue, but also when sendind CC data from Reaktor. Theres been quite a few posts on this over at the Reaktor forum. Seems that Reaktor has trouble talking Midi direct to Live.

Thankfully I have Bidule!...

If I load Bidule as a VST in Live, then use that to host Reaktor as a VST linking the midi out from Reaktor to the Bidule midi output. Then taking the Midi Out from Bidule into Live as you would do from Reaktor... It works perfectly.

This has been an issue for a while I think. A friend is still on LIVE 4 (maybe 5 I'm not to sure), and has this same problem! Think the first time I ran into it was Version 5... AFAIK all versions after that have all been the same!

Matt
Last edited by Comfy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnderwaterSunlight

Now the issue is at the mercy of the Dev. Dept. at Ableton!

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi, the situation now is the following:

C.Kleine of Ableton Support was able to replicate the problem I outlined- it also appeared on their Computer system. He mailed me that as a fact. A second mail he wrote me says that he passed on the problem as a Bug Report to the Developers.

Now, of course, I hope that these will assign the necessary HIGH priority to this issue which involves so many persons using both programs.

Perhaps it is just a well-traceable, small bug with far-reaching implications though.

Let's hope for the best ... and wait...

But dear Abletons, your support is, nice to say, wide awake.

Cheers
Ro

Comfy

Re: Now the issue is at the mercy of the Dev. Dept. at Ablet

Post by Comfy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:41 pm

UnderwaterSunlight wrote: Let's hope for the best ... and wait...

But dear Abletons, your support is, nice to say, wide awake.

Cheers
Ro
Nice one dude! Ive had this problem for ages! Ableton has been on the shelf for a while, so Ive never got round to reporting it. Ive started using it a lot more recently (using bidule to get round this) so this fix would be handy.

Matt