How about thanking Ableton...?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sweetjesus

How about thanking Ableton...?

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:15 pm

Heya folks,
Ive seen so many threads hounding Ableton with Live 4 questions since it's announcement.

Not brown nosing, but having been a software developer, I know how little appreciation one gets .. (probably worked for assholes), but next time ya have a beer, shot, joint or <insert toxin here> say cheers to the peeps giving us the tools that will hopefully feed us and pay our bills and let's not forget ... give us enjoyment.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:38 am

no takers?...bump

mlabs

hear hear~!

Post by mlabs » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:03 pm

agreed. props to the abletonians....

montrealbreaks

Re: How about thanking Ableton...?

Post by montrealbreaks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:15 pm

sweetjesus wrote:Heya folks,
Ive seen so many threads hounding Ableton with Live 4 questions since it's announcement.

Not brown nosing, but having been a software developer, I know how little appreciation one gets .. (probably worked for assholes), but next time ya have a beer, shot, joint or <insert toxin here> say cheers to the peeps giving us the tools that will hopefully feed us and pay our bills and let's not forget ... give us enjoyment.
Absolutely.

99% of software companies don't do what Ableton does;

1. Innovate
2. Make something that leads their industry in a new direction
3. Make it well
4. Support it well
5. Listen to users

Kudos to all at Ableton.

Thanks!

L8er
Montrealbreaks

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:18 pm

May I second that ! :D 8)
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:30 pm

I have a story I'd like to share. A while back, my writing partner and I decided to buy LIVE 3 to go on tour with here in New Zealand.
We duly entered our credit card details into the Ableton webshop for a boxed version. We thought at the time we could still download the software and start working with it straight away to go on tour with. Silly us didn't realise that since we'd bought the boxed version we would have to wait for it to arrive by international shipping to the bottom of the world. oops.

So we rang Christian Klein in Berlin and explained our problem. Hello, you don't know us, but we love your software, we've paid for it, but we need it NOW. To his credit and our eternal gratitude, he emailed us a serial number straight away so that we could unlock LIVE 3 immediately, on the trust that we would not use - and send back to him - the other serial no, the one that would eventually arrive with the box. He explained, naturally, that it would be unfair for us to have 2 serial numbers for the price of one.

Needless to say we never authorised the other serial number and we emailed it back to Christian.

I ask you, How many software companies would expose themselves to financial loss like that to help some nobody's and trust them to do the right thing. That in my view makes Ableton a very special company with very special people working for it.

I don't wanna get all preachy on yo's asses now, but if more people, let alone corporations acted in the same manner, that is to say: went out of their way to do good for the other guy on the expectation and trust that they'd be looked after in return, wouldn't the world be a better place?

Abletons, I love your software and I love the way you do business.
We who are about to groove our asses off salute you!

paddy
pitch black
Last edited by Pitch Black on Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:31 pm

All of the
Best to the
Live crew at Ableton
Even when we bitch and whine
Tis cause your software is so devine
Only just a matter of time
Number 4 will be mighty fine

Thanks y'all,

Ryan

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:33 pm

I must say, I feel blessed for being part of this revolution as well - I wouldn't be able to make music the way I am making my music if it weren't for Ableton Live, and I'm quite sure it's better for it. After making the switch from Logic to Live 2 a little over a year ago, I feel like a musician, not just a programmer - and for that I am grateful. Keep up the good work, Ableton.

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

gaspode

Sweet...

Post by gaspode » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:41 pm

how sweet it is... to be live'd by you :P

Re: How about thanking Ableton...?

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:05 pm

Yeah, I triple dog agree with this one.

I have been using live since '02, and it has completely changed how I do stuff in person. I have just started using it more fully, recording as I play and it's amazing what it can do. They have started a revolution and I signed up to fight with 'em!

- Brittney Sparse (fsk is still a punk ass bitch)
sweetjesus wrote:Heya folks,

DS

Post by DS » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:10 pm

Thanks a million to all the Ableton team for giving so many people so much enjoyment! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Music is the best.

-DS

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:35 pm

Absolutely

very cool bunch

may all your larks sing hymns at heavens gates

:wink:

they know we love em

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:51 pm

kissing ass is no good, ok angelina jolie would be more than good.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:57 pm

Anonymous wrote:kissing ass is no good, ok angelina jolie would be more than good.
not for me, I'm a Donkey fetishist

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:31 pm

hooray for ableton!!!