Robert Henke

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Robert Henke

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:09 am

hi Robert, very much appreciate what You and the whole Ableton team have been doing, I know the upgrade of Live is in it's final stages and am really looking foward to it along with the rest of the world but what I want to ask you is there a chance that it's not too late to include a truncate feature with in the clip properties? for me this would make Live its own audio editor in addition to it being my sampler and sequencer. I don't know anything about programming so i don't know how much trouble I'm asking you guys to get into but I always do my basic editing right there in the sample window and if I could just discard destructively or indestructively the audio on either side of the loop brackets I'd be in sampler heaven.
thanks for your time

-::mic-minimal:: (the first ableton Live hiphop head) since day one of
Live 1.0

mikHATz

Post by mikHATz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:30 am

you kan already do this(trunkate) with the konsolidate funktion in the arranger...

set your loop markers, drag the klip into arranger, then ctrl + j

mike!

radder

Re: Robert Henke

Post by radder » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:18 am

Anonymous wrote:hi Robert, very much appreciate what You and the whole Ableton team have been doing
Wow, a capitalized "you"... does that mean Robert Henke is... gasp... God? 8O :wink:
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:11 am

uh..... nope.

let's not go overboard here, with all due respect to robert henke. there's already enough of that on this forum.

he is doing a supremely able job, as is ableton, staying at the forefront of music production/sound design technology. let us not deify the all-too-human, as we all are.

we get enough of that in the american media (see ronald reagan this entire past week).

let's focus on making music, shall we?

radder

Post by radder » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:35 pm

that was my point, but i was hoping to not have to spell it out. :lol:
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:23 pm

thanks Mike, i'm aware of that, just when dealing with alot of samples the back and forth gets tedious.

Robert Henke god?, now that's a good example of a college tuition going to waste. :roll: