Are there "plants" in this forum?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mokomo

Are there "plants" in this forum?

Post by mokomo » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:49 pm

There seem to be so many threads that go like this -

Person A - "Isn't Live brilliant"
Person B - "Why, yes, it is - absolutely triffic. It has changed my life I tell you"
Person C - "I think so too - look I've just spent 20 minutes pasting every reference Sasha has made to using Live. Live is really now the leading product."
Person D - "Gosh this really is a wonderful piece of software I've bought, I'm utterly thrilled"
Person E - "Actually Live is now the best software on the planet, I don't even use Microsoft Outlook or Excel anymore, Live does it all"
Person F - "I can't wait for Live 4, sight unseen I am definitely going to upgrade. Even though I've never used it, I regard 4 as the finest release by a software company ever. Thank you Ableton! You are the best"

Does this not sound like a cheesy US cable TV infomercial?

I am beginning to suspect that these people are Ableton Marketing Department Evangelists masquerading as loved-up Live-ophiles, planted on the forum to spread their sugary good news and praise.

Or am I just being cynical when there is too much love around?

kabuki

Re: Are there "plants" in this forum?

Post by kabuki » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:53 pm

mokomo wrote:
Yep
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:55 pm

This thread's brilliant. Why, it's absolutely triffic. It has changed my life I tell you...

What? This thread's not about how great Live is? Sorry. Must have been on autopilot...

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:59 pm

I was referred to as a Live Zombie on another forum.

I took it as a compliment. It is correct after all.

Live has really changed my death. Err. I mean. Something. Err. Trick. Like. Errrrrr.

I'll get me coat, then.

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

gaspode

Post by gaspode » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:24 pm

I think most of the plants are of the vegetable variety actually :)

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:41 am

i'd say of the budding female variety 8O

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:42 am

I don't know about plants, but alot of folks like the ones responding to this
thread are genuinely enthusiastic about Live as it is not to mention what it
will be in the future, including myself. I think it more suspect when on this forum a 'Live forum' or on other sites, kvr-, sos, computermusic, or the like in specificly 'Live threads' alot of people will post anti Live rhettoric. some will just say "hey Live sucks" or its not that great or "logic rules" cubase kicks Live ass or you know ,,,, and I'm like how sad is this, why aren't these people off somewhere using these apps that Live could never
shake a stick at or at least why aren't these people posting on the forums
of the killer apps that keep the thought of Live from even entering their minds. The funniest post of all though are the ones by people claiming how
bad Live sucks, they'd never use it blah blah blah and they do every thing
Live does and more with nothing but their hardware.., those post make me laugh the most cause it's like wtf your a sad hardware fanatic on the internet posting on a software site dedicated to a piece of software that you would never use and you think it sucks. :D how funny it that.

-::mic-minimal::

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:46 am

i'd say of the budding female variety 8O

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:01 am

mokomo wrote:Person E - "Actually Live is now the best software on the planet, I don't even use Microsoft Outlook or Excel anymore, Live does it all"
lol. Giving some serious thought to how that might work.

Yeah, ok got me i was planted here. it's all true. Quite a few product forums tend to be full of hard-core fans though, goes with the territory, but maybe more so here. I guess Ableton just has more time to spend posting threads about itself under transparent pseudonyms like moonburnt. Anyway, in the current pre-release vacuum, people are talking all kinds of crap, such as me right now.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:36 am

mokomo wrote:I am beginning to suspect that these people are Ableton Marketing Department Evangelists masquerading as loved-up Live-ophiles, planted on the forum to spread their sugary good news and praise.

no, the love got lost when acid house got infiltrated by cocaine and the love turned to thuggery, the 'second love generation' have to get it out of their system somewhere else! :D

It's quite simple really, they put out this press release that tells us they have just combed the entire feature wishlist section and granted all of our wishes on a program we already spend a huge amount of time using and loving, then they went silent and left us to go absolutely out of our minds with the possibilities and simultaneously unable to focus on our previous software - so I think the correct term is LIMBO.

ANybody got a Limbo stick? Lets get tropical.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:47 am

The gut who posted about the technique of "a wank and a big glass of water" was right. It stops you waking up in the middle of the night mumbling "I can control my vstis with real knobs......real knobssss.......rea... :lol:

dCross

Post by dCross » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:47 pm

I actually kind of enjoy Ableton's hands-off approach to the forums. I've been on company sponsored forums before where if someone says a single bad word about the product, they get banned and the thread gets deleted. Forums like those are where I find all the posturing to be a little more suspect, but we swear and bitch about Live all we want over here :)

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:50 pm

Martyn wrote:The gut who posted about the technique of "a wank and a big glass of water" was right. It stops you waking up in the middle of the night mumbling "I can control my vstis with real knobs......real knobssss.......rea... :lol:
:lol: I have to agree - that is probably the single best quote I've ever heard in any kind of music/advice context.

Practice? Decent monitors? Bollox. Have a wank and a big glass of water.

I think Ableton should patent it.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:04 pm

If Live 4 isn't the best application I haven't even tried yet, then why did my hemmoroids disappear at exactly the moment they announced V4: Thursday, Jun 03, 2004, at 9:40 pm? Huh? Explain THAT!

8O
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:16 pm

kabuki wrote:If Live 4 isn't the best application I haven't even tried yet, then why did my hemmoroids disappear at exactly the moment they announced V4: Thursday, Jun 03, 2004, at 9:40 pm? Huh? Explain THAT!

8O
:lol: :lol:

I have to say I'm developinga fraternal sense of kinship here, knowing that there are others out there who are as deeply tragic as I am.

It's a relief.

Now off I go to try and squeeze whatever pathetic attempt at using Live 3 I can manage.