ever had this (intermittent) midi problem?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spherop

ever had this (intermittent) midi problem?

Post by spherop » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:43 pm

i have been having a hell of time figuring out a probelm i have periodically with midi remote control.

i am using a trigger finger to control various aspects of live.

some of the time it works like a charm.

i have it setup to control faders, sends, and to trigger select clips in the session view.

then sometimes, and nothing has changed in the config that i can tell (been over it over and over), it gets inconsistent - herky jerky like. when it's like this faders do not control volume smoothly, knobs are super stuttery on sends etc. Ie., it's as if the midi signal is sort of getting blcoked by something or only passing data in spurts. pressing pads for clips seem to work only half the time when things are like this.

but what's weird is i can find no pattern - sometimes it's working like a charm and sometimes it goes herkajerk.

believe me - i didn't want to post this here as it should be relatively easy to figure out that something must change when things go awry ...but i really am having trouble figuring out what it is. literally i will end a session with it not working and then start another session the next day and it seems fine.

so i poll here just o see if anyone might have a clue what i should be looking for to resolve this. any insights are most welcome!!

iamnotcool

Post by iamnotcool » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:28 pm

i never had that problem with my trigger finger. You might want to try changing banks on the TF, then changing back to the one you want to use. That method worked when my O2 didnt want to work.
15" Macbook Pro C2D, Live 6, Remote Zero SL
Click here for my tunes!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:59 pm

Only enable settings for your midi ports that you need, my midi controllers worked a LOT smoother once I turned off what I wasn't using.

Also, look for midi loops, only send data out to your TF.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz