Reaktor and Live 6.05 on MacBook Pro crash all the time

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
idealist

Reaktor and Live 6.05 on MacBook Pro crash all the time

Post by idealist » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:31 pm

On my MacBook Pro OSX 10.49

Reaktor i think 5.21 and Live 6.05 crash all the time, I really don't know why, it's alwas the same procedure...

First i make something in reaktor, than I close the reaktor window and ableton doesn't react anymore right, the music still plays, but the time display on top stays at the same time... And everything else is kind of freezed and not reacting.

I'm pretty sure that that is a common bug, because my MacBook Pro is still very new and I've got the problem since the very beginning, after i installed Live and Reaktor as the first programms on my Mac.

Can anybody help me, and give me a link or something...

Thanks

idealist

Post by idealist » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:41 pm

forget about that one, I will know install Live 6.07 and i think the fault will go away by itself...

greez

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:49 pm

I run the same set up and haven't experienced an problems with it. Try a different ensemble or instrument as that might be what is causing it.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

idealist

Post by idealist » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:47 pm

oh it happened with several settups... but maybe it had more to do with the bugs of live 6.05 than anything else...

I'm actually now trying to install 6.07, but it doesn't install because some files are already existing of live 6.05,it is just aborting and i can't do anything!!! Help, i'm new to the macworld, where do i have to change something that the installation works?

idealist

Post by idealist » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:50 pm

i see always the procedure couldn't be closed because ... file was already existing and there are different files that appear on every try, should i delte those or what is an easier way???

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:03 am

Firstly. I have 6.05 and do not see this. So it's something other than a bug. There is something about your configuration that is causing it. Does it happen if your are just using apple's core audio for sound? Have you tried different screen res.?

second. The install should be parallel or at least that has always been my experience. The files should not be overwritten or conflicting.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

idealist

Post by idealist » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:41 am

how can i make it parallel?
i think i made it overwriting and conflicting!!!

you now I'm a mac beginner, so I don't know much.
and know live doesn't work, because the installation isn't finished right...