Soundcard recommendations

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Joe Wass

Tascam US-122

Post by Joe Wass » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:07 am

The tascam us-122 interface looks to be the ideal solution - balanced XLR & bal/unbal line input, preamps, high quality audio output _and_ a MIDI box built in to the equation. All over USB with no psu.

Trouble is, I find that the audio trips when i use my master keyboard to automate anything. I'm runing 2.4ghz, 700ish mb ram, yet me US-122 seems to find it difficult. Very low latency audio though - just watch the synchronous MIDI.

Anybody in the same boat?

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:48 am

what do you guys think about the waveidea UASC-1??

http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/uasc1/index.php

i want one but no one ever talks about it

any good?

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:54 am

Anonymous wrote:what do you guys think about the waveidea UASC-1?
Only one stereo analogue output, by the looks of it. So no prelistening.

TAP1

Post by TAP1 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:28 pm

I just ordered the m audio Duo it has 2 mic pre amp inputs and 2 balanced line ins 24/96 usb. I get it tomorow so ill let u know how i like it.

cheers!
"my tears turn to prizms.. refracting light / from red to blue and every which way from white"

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:26 pm

robbmasters wrote: Only one stereo analogue output, by the looks of it. So no prelistening.
the headphone out is on its own pream and is also a second analog output, so it has pre-listening/cue-listening capability

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:the headphone out is on its own pream and is also a second analog output, so it has pre-listening/cue-listening capability
Yeah? That's unusual. But OK then! :wink:

radder

Post by radder » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:46 am

I think we're gonna go with an Emu 1820... It's not firewire so it's no good for laptops but we have a lil Asus PC that fits in our rack box.

HTH, FWIW & RTFM :)
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4