VIDEO WINDOW – sync_d (for scoring animation, comercial, &am

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
iiis

VIDEO WINDOW – sync_d (for scoring animation, comercial, & f

Post by iiis » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:39 pm

:idea: VIDEO WINDOW – sync_d (for scoring animation, comercial, & film . . .)

a simple floating window – to play back a flattened quicktime or avi (even a half or quarter res video file)

perhaps with the ability to monitor it through firewire (keeping screen real estate for sound design)

or a separate simple video player rewired to LIVE. (does this already exist for win_xp?)

that would be beyond wonderful – :twisted:

thanks.
:D :D :D

xp revision?

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:25 pm

is there an xp version of ReVision 1.1.?
or something similiar :?:

Atom808

scoring with Live

Post by Atom808 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:15 pm

Yah. Here, here. I do some preliminary scoring work with live but I have to bring my sounds to Cubase SX, ultimately, to do the sync to video. I didn't have much luck with rewire-ing the two applications, though I might try it again soon.

What would be cool is an integrated video window, i.e. a video track in the arrangement window.

The reason for this is, often with scoring work you have to be very precise. I mean on the last project I did, I had to adjust sounds to sync at the frame and even sub-frame level. Video is e.g. 30 FPS (or 29.97 or 24) and to have a sound sync up perfectly to a video event, you may have to shift the sound even more precisely than that.

I would love to have this option in LIVE. Dare I say, I would even pay extra(!) for a special media/scoring/DV version like exists for Cubase (it's called Nuendo) or Protools. Also to put that "DV" tag at the end, I'd expect some kind of 5.1 surround sound panning implementation. (Right now I'd just be happy with the video sync though.)

cheers
Atom
Powerbook G4 1.25 GHz 1 GB RAM / MOTU 828
OS X 10.3.4 / Cubase SX 2 / Ableton Live
//musicaElectronica
www.melange.org//

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:16 pm

pretty please. :D
this would be wonderful. :idea: :!:

hat

Post by hat » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:31 pm

I've requested that as well a few times. To me, it's a no-brainer. I write music for tv adverts for a living and I can tell you right now, many people would switch from Logic or ProTools to Live for doing this kind of work. Sure, there's Revision, but it's not the most stable app and has a few other downfalls. Most pieces I have to write are 30 seconds, I can't imagine how cool it would be to have in integrated Quicktime window to score along to. Mixing or finalizing in another program is a different story, but to get most of the work done, wow...I've done all of my jingles in Live for the past year, my peers are amazed when I tell them I went to a coffee shop for a few hours and got most of it done there, and eventually won the job, all because of how inuitive Live is...

So, pretty please, Ableton, you can seriously "kill em all" (without hurting anyone) by adding QT import! All these media composers out there, think about it!

donp

VIDEO WINDOW

Post by donp » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:37 pm

100% agree with this request.

All other sequencers I've used in the past have this. In addition, it seems that one of Live's strengths is the ability to stretch/fit audio to time, which is a natural for film/TV scoring and sound design.

This window would need to be synced to the current clip, and start with the clip from the transport control. Ability to disengage the Video window from transport would be nice, so that it doesn't play when you don't need it. Also, ability to offset video playback would be desirable, for scoring separate scenes.