[bug][awi] Impulse voice stealing!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
interceptor

[bug][awi] Impulse voice stealing!!

Post by interceptor » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:50 pm

Now this bug has been at least since version 5 I know for sure. Both on mac & pc. Im tired of this now so im reporting.

Very simple:

Take an impulse, make a clip with 16th hihats and some kicks and snares (use a snare with long decay, i.e a snare with reberb).

Now the snare gets cutoff on a unregulary basis right?.

Please, please fix this. I like impulse.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:05 pm

yes, this annoys me too, and started in live 5.

it is not a polyphony issue, because the same exact kit in 4 does not behave this way.

it is very unpredictable and hard to reproduce too. I tried to make a midi sequence that always did it to submit to the abletons during the beta of 5 and could not produce a midi clip that always did this.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:51 pm

Use the Simpulse™ :wink:
http://www.thecovertoperators.org/archives/146

I've reported so many bugs regarding to Impulse.. They might as well trash the whole thing instead of trying to "improve it".
Polyphony running out, imported clips clicking and the most stupid 10 second decay limit in the world...
Not to mention this bug in this thread i've seen pop up a few times.

R.I.P. Impulse!

Poster

Post by Poster » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:35 pm

hoffman2k wrote: R.I.P. Impulse!
no way..

I need impulse v.2.0

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 pm

This bug is way easier to reproduce just by playing two notes with some decay on them. Not in a midiclip.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi folks,

Indeed, that is a weak point.

Several Impulse bugs are by design because of the voice architecture of the Impulse. To change that would mean a complete restructuring of the Impulse itself. Therefore these issues are not yet addressed.

There are rough plans for such kind of restructuring to happen in future releases. It is true, that the Impulse would not get much attention in the Live 7 release. I hope we can address that in future version.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,
/Alex

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:06 pm

I also use it quite alot. I hope it gets a future update.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

TheProdigy

Post by TheProdigy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:52 pm

My fix....

I used Impulse 'properly' the other day using up all 8 cells. I had a big crash cymbal that was being clipped. I realised that if I stretched the midi note for the cymbal all the way along till the next cymbal midi note, it stopped it from being clipped! :D

My track had 3 lanes of percussion. That is 1 lane & impulse for kick another for snare and the 3rd for hats etc. I only noticed the clipping issue on the long crash (which was the longest sample) though.

PS. I only used Impulse 'cos Battery 3 just keeps crashing (see my previous post) and Native Instruments Support just give out Ticket Numbers and never bother to reply :evil:

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:50 pm

Alex wrote:Hi folks,

Indeed, that is a weak point.

Several Impulse bugs are by design because of the voice architecture of the Impulse. To change that would mean a complete restructuring of the Impulse itself. Therefore these issues are not yet addressed.

There are rough plans for such kind of restructuring to happen in future releases. It is true, that the Impulse would not get much attention in the Live 7 release. I hope we can address that in future version.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,
/Alex
Im glad someone in ableton finally responded to this one. And I guess we cant hope for any improvements for version 6.

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:12 pm

TheProdigy wrote:My fix....

I used Impulse 'properly' the other day using up all 8 cells. I had a big crash cymbal that was being clipped. I realised that if I stretched the midi note for the cymbal all the way along till the next cymbal midi note, it stopped it from being clipped! :D

My track had 3 lanes of percussion. That is 1 lane & impulse for kick another for snare and the 3rd for hats etc. I only noticed the clipping issue on the long crash (which was the longest sample) though.

PS. I only used Impulse 'cos Battery 3 just keeps crashing (see my previous post) and Native Instruments Support just give out Ticket Numbers and never bother to reply :evil:
Hey!

Here´s a solution until the ableton team gets this fixed:

Simply put a note length plugin set to about 2 secs note length, and wow!! No clipping!

:D

Briangoodman

Post by Briangoodman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:04 am

Well well i never. I thought this was something wrong I was doing but as I don't use Live often it wasn't a big thing for me. Shame for people that use live all the time and impulse for their drums. Such an annoyance would bother me immensely.