strange behavior-recording clips is getting delayed-plshelp

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spherop

strange behavior-recording clips is getting delayed-plshelp

Post by spherop » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:51 pm

up until this morning everything on my system was working perfectly.

today for some reason - recording clips, the clip starts recording seemingly 1 beat late. so the track is playing, i click a clip to record in and it waits until the 2nd beat before launching into clip/record. it does this no matter whether i click record right before the downbeat or half way through the bar - it's always on the second beat of the bar.

there must be some setting that i need to re-adjust? obvious probably - but i don't know what i changed ...and never had this behavior before.

i have delay comp on and record quantize set to 1 bar.

using live6, rme fireface 400, winXP, core 2 dual.

thanks much for helping.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:21 pm

I have the same problem. Since I am not doing any live looping, I hit record, wait a second and then play whatever I'm recording, and then just fix the timing by moving the first marker to the beginning of the recording.

spherop

Post by spherop » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:49 pm

suburbanbather wrote:I have the same problem. Since I am not doing any live looping, I hit record, wait a second and then play whatever I'm recording, and then just fix the timing by moving the first marker to the beginning of the recording.
well it shouldn't be doing this should it? and i have had everything perfectly fine until this am when it started.

anyone?

spherop

Post by spherop » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:19 pm

bump

is this a common problem?

has anyone ever figured out why it may happen?

gotta show coming up ...and this is a huge issue.

mauve

Post by mauve » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Same here. Crazy latency, like half a beat for some reason. Nothing's helping. The new update to blame?

spherop

Post by spherop » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:12 pm

in my situation is it always 1 beat late...which is very strange to me ...suggesting not latency ...but some setting.

also, i am using rme fireface 400 - not a cheap soundcard - latency should not be a problem.

and ..the weirdest part - it just started happening ...after much perfectly normal use...i haven't changed anything i am aware of.

no expert types here with any ideas??? or what might be the cause of something like this?