Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Able

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Bumblebeeman wrote:Nice

just got back into some of the old reaktor groove boxes, gobox sounds amazing run through all this shit

OOEEWWWWWW!!!! YEAH! good idea! I just got my Universal Binary Update for Reaktor... so I'll be giving this a try for sure. Wish I was good at making stuff in Reaktor... then I'd make something even better in there! 8O

Bumblebeeman

Post by Bumblebeeman » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:21 pm

I keep coming back to Reaktor the more i learn about this lark

i dont think you can beat that loverly grainy analogue sound you can get from it.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:00 am

Bumblebeeman wrote:I keep coming back to Reaktor the more i learn about this lark

i dont think you can beat that loverly grainy analogue sound you can get from it.
Huge fan of reaktor myself! Just need to spend a bit more time with it... and someday get effective at making my own shit in there. I've successfully modified quite a lot of stuff but still don't have what it takes to build em from the ground up.

Wonder if a gobox with multiple outputs, each output through a difference chain in an ableton rack is possible! I'm going to start looking into it...

jasinski

Re: Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Ableton 6!

Post by jasinski » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:50 am

Inspired by your rack 3rdorder, here is one of my own.

download and check out here:
www.aaronjasinski.com/GlitchDrums.zip

An added trick- I created a second sub rack, with an 3band EQ set to break up the bass, mid, and highs into 3 channels (chains). Then applied Beat Repeat to just the mids (and gates to the high and low)

Also, for the envelopes, unlinked them from the beat and set them at odd lengths for a continually evolving modulation to the basic beat.

Dang.. I love racks! (Now if we could only get some plug-ins that can link to and animate other plug-ins' properties!!!)

Live is getting close to being one giant modular synth. :)

3rdordertrauma wrote:This tip is for all the fans of glitchy random broken beat kinda sounds. And for those of us who don't have the "Glitch" plug cause we are on mac os.

OK I know all you Instrument rack junkies are well into this, but I didn't see it in hoffman2k's tips and tricks sticky so here it is.

Rather than try to explain it just download the "Glitch.als" file at the bottom and give it a go for yourself.

And to be fair and honest I've never actually used the "Glitch" plug cause I'm on mac. I've only seen the Screenshots online and based this Instrument rack off of what I would guess is happening in "Glitch". Or something similar anyway. Only this way in Live its customizable/expandable till your blue in the face.

So I'm sure Its not going to sound JUST like Glitch! Its not designed to!

This is just a simple one, it will be cool to have everyone elaborate on this with some fresh ideas.

Glitch.als

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:03 pm

kimyo wrote:
3rdordertrauma wrote:
kimyo wrote:
HAHAHA!!! Sunglasses and X-Ray spex at the same time!

I can dig it!

Your gratitude and excitement is by far enough reward for me my friend. I'm happy you dig it and find it useful.

I'd love to hear what you made with it but the link seems to be broke?? :( For me anyway...

Peace!
this is the right one:
http://www.iosonic.com/audio/fisticuffs.twits.twist.mp3

definitely a new direction for me.

here's another:
http://www.iosonic.com/audio/glitchywoman.mp3

and thanks again.

i can't wait to roll this out on stage.
thats impressive, loving this style!

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:50 pm

jasinski wrote:Inspired by your rack 3rdorder, here is one of my own.

An added trick- I created a second sub rack, with an 3band EQ set to break up the bass, mid, and highs into 3 channels (chains). Then applied Beat Repeat to just the mids (and gates to the high and low)

Also, for the envelopes, unlinked them from the beat and set them at odd lengths for a continually evolving modulation to the basic beat.

Dang.. I love racks! (Now if we could only get some plug-ins that can link to and animate other plug-ins' properties!!!)

This is ILL jasinski!!! Really cool! I just opened it up so I'm off to explore it a bit deeper!

Thanks!!

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:14 pm

3rdordertrauma wrote:
jasinski wrote:Inspired by your rack 3rdorder, here is one of my own.

This is ILL jasinski!!! Really cool! I just opened it up so I'm off to explore it a bit deeper!

Thanks!!
Thanks 3rdorder.. I will work up some more and post them. Would love to see some more of your inventions as well.

onestep

Post by onestep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:53 am

Looks cool. I couldn't use it though since on my powerbook (667mhz G4 w/ 1GB ram) I was getting 160% CPU with 3rdordertrauma's version. And with the audio version, as soon as i started moving the chain selector knobs, the CPU jumped to over 100%. :cry:

I guess I'll have to try build my own stripped down version. Just from a quick look, it doesn't quite work like dblue glitch as in the sequencer approach but more like moving the chain selector knobs around manually, right?

S-N-S

Post by S-N-S » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:07 pm

hi
does someone here have jasinskis rack version here,hes link is dead

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:50 pm

I think its in the "racks" sticky at the top of the tips & tricks page but I'm not sure. There is so much stuff there I don't know what is what.

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:16 am

S-N-S wrote:hi
I also have my presets posted here.

http://www.aaronjasinski.com/jasaudio/Start.html
MacPro / MacBookPro / Live 8
My art and music

S-N-S

Post by S-N-S » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:28 pm

jasinski wrote:

nice thanks,but where do i install these??

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 am

S-N-S wrote:
jasinski wrote:

nice thanks,but where do i install these??
Depends really on what file extension they are. Most you can either drag strait over from your desktop to a Live project and/or double click them and Live (6) will ask you if you'd like to install that Live Pack. Good place to store them would probably be in the Ableton Library along with the other Ableton presets... can drag them strait there if you like from your download folder. That path on a mac is /Users/"yourusername"/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live 6.0.x/Presets

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:16 am

ze2be wrote:
3rdordertrauma wrote: I been thinking... it would be really cool if Ableton had a modulation/step sequencer plugin with randomization. Something that could be routed or assigned to any control within a rack the same as the macro knobs. This way rather than using the modulation envelopes you could have a plugin doing the same with random values. Of course savable presets and all that too, allowing you to drop it in any rack and go. Would be cool if you could just click drag and drop on the desired modulation destination. Similar to how Massive works. Also could be used as a live drum sequencer. Is there anyway to do that sort of thing now?

I say it again and again, this is my number one midi plugin request for live!
Yes this would be more than use full with the glitch rack. The Glitch rack is fun to play with. I'm just missing an integrated step sequencer I made a Glitch FX without the Impulse but then I have to draw a new pattern every time I open it. I assigned a midi controller to the Macro One and that was really great just tweaking it manually. Try that too!

For Reaktor owners I'd like to recommend a great "Glitch" effect that has recently been uploaded to the library: Toxonic Glitch. It sounds awesome and the effects are real tight.