Yamaha 01X & Live 6: remote probs

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
John_TT

Yamaha 01X & Live 6: remote probs

Post by John_TT » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm having remote problems with my Yamaha 01x since I installed Live 6 a couple of days ago. In remote mode both Remote, Pan, the light next to audio and all the On-buttons light up in red. Can't seem to access anything. Tried reseting the 01x to the factory settings, no help. In Live itself I have MackieControl and MackieControl Classic as control surface, both on the mLan MIDI In and Out. I've highlighted ALL midi ports available. Pffff, I'm not so good in these matters so any help would be much appreciated!

John

John_TT

Post by John_TT » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:51 am

Thumbleweed......

chris_dan

Post by chris_dan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi John,

I've got the same set-up (01x/Live603). I use the Cubase emulation on the 01x. As far as Live midi prefs are concerned I've only ever used MackieControl so I'm not sure what you mean regarding the MC Classic script.

Anyway, based on the above setting the 01x indicator leds behave as follows:

- when switching between internal and remote the audio led is always on.
- the PAN (CH PARAM) button will carry the same status when switching back and forth from internal mode. i.e. If it was on when you left remote mode it will be on when you return to remote mode or off whatever the case was. When lluminated you can adjust the pan and the input fader level from the rotary encoder by engaging the FLIP button. Also the NAME/VALUE button toggles either channel pan/volume info OR channel input meter.

The DISPLAY up/down buttons will cause the PAN led to go out as you've switched to another editing mode. By pressing the pan you will return to the pan mode. Also if you press SHIFT+PLUG-IN the pan led will go out as you are switching to the plug-in edit mode. All the channel on/off leds are also on or whatever status you left them in when switching between internal and remote mode.

The 01x transmits usable controller data on midi port 1 and 5 with port 5 being fixed to the original "GENERAL" midi spec. Your mlan channel setting should be Ok. Make sure that mlan in/out are enabled under the Remote column in preferences.

Anyway the above settings get my 01x off. Having Live up in session mode with all the channel strip controls displayed will help to visualize their settings.

Hope that helps.....

Chris
Chris

Gluon

Post by Gluon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:04 pm

Hello,
I have the same problem :(

I have always used the 01x in remote mode (MackieControl) and now it does not work at all !!!

Whats changed ?

Any way to get my control surface back

-A

chris_dan

Post by chris_dan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:47 am

Gluon wrote:Hello,
I have the same problem :(

I have always used the 01x in remote mode (MackieControl) and now it does not work at all !!!

Whats changed ?

Any way to get my control surface back

-A
Hi Gluon,

As in my original reply to John_TT I have used the 01x with Live5, Live603, Live605 and Live607 without any problems or reconfiguration.

The only issue that I can think of regarding Live6 is to ensure that all the remote control scripts were installed in the proper location which normally is handled by the Live install process. If you open Live preferences and do a lookup for the remote control scripts in the midi section and there are none displayed that would cause a problem but your message indicates that you have selected the Mackie Control script. You also must assign mlan midi chn01 for both the in and out ports as well. What operating system does your computer use? If it's a Mac, or Mac Binary or Vista you'll need to contact Ableton support or possibly another user will chime in.

As far as the 01x is concerned have you performed all the firmware/software upgrades? What emulation do you have the 01x set-up as in remote mode?

Check out the above and post back to this thread and I will attempt to assist you if it's within my purview.

It's always good to help.....
Chris

Gluon

Post by Gluon » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:51 am

Sorry I found out my problem was actually a more fundamental one.. for some reason I had to reset connections in the audio connector... strange.. I had all the audio but midi was not working....

A quick reset/reconnect with the 01x sorted it out...