channel linking

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
diji

channel linking

Post by diji » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:44 pm

hi, im looking for help on how to get live to perform a specific task for me, it doesnt cover this in the manuel, so maybe someone out there knows

im using live for a DJ/live performance, all in live off a laptop

im using 1 channel as an A deck and another as a B deck, and all the rest of the channels hold loops/trigger drums/ solos/ambience ect...

now this requires about 6-10 tracks of stuff because i need things to overlap and play at the same time, but heres where it gets tricky

i woant to be able to link all the volume sliders of the non-deck channels to go through a single channel, so that i can fade out everything but the decks instantly (aslo apply global effects n stuff to the non-decks)

so how can i link multiple channels output to go through a single channels input??

thanks vry much

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:42 pm

yea id like to really know too...

george W. Bush

Post by george W. Bush » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:09 am

yea im gonna do a live gig at the white house, and i want to be able to quick cut the tracks for some DAOPE breaks...

werd

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:11 am

Send all the non-deck tracks to a common Send. Then set their individual outputs to Sends Only. You can then use the Send's fader to control the volume of the group.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:56 am

Live 4 will have unlimited busses. This way you can set the levels using the channel faders, but kill everything but channel one and two with a single mute.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:13 am

the send trick that robmasters sudgested works great :) thx