ok keyboard to use with live?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
analogak

ok keyboard to use with live?

Post by analogak » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:05 am

hello. i just bought the keystation 49e because i thought it was a good deal for $85 bucks. however, my question is-is this keyboard too limited to use with live and reason?
i have not had much midi experience before-what is the appeal of all the knobs on some of the other more expensive midi keyboards? how for instance could i use these knobs with live? are they necessary for a full experience? the keystation had a mod wheel and a pitch wheel and i thought that was enough for me-but will i be missing out?

Re: ok keyboard to use with live?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:27 am

analogak wrote:hello. i just bought the keystation 49e because i thought it was a good deal for $85 bucks. however, my question is-is this keyboard too limited to use with live and reason?
i have not had much midi experience before-what is the appeal of all the knobs on some of the other more expensive midi keyboards? how for instance could i use these knobs with live? are they necessary for a full experience? the keystation had a mod wheel and a pitch wheel and i thought that was enough for me-but will i be missing out?
You could miss a lot: Assigning effect parameters on knobs for example. Then you could twist filters, shake echoes and distort your loops while they are playing.