Hey 1st post. gear question - monitors or metric halo -rme

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sun May 13, 2007 10:29 pm

snakes and ladders wrote:No PC drivers and unfortunently doesn't look like there ever will be. Firewire is pretty dodgy on the Windows side of things, unless you have the TI bridge chip your pretty fucked as far as reliabilty goes, so dont think they're going to bother.
MH is 400 only - I was talking to this guy was behind the boards at the Kiss concert ( I wasn't there, but he was) in Melbourne and he ran everything daisy chained off one firewire 400 portand pretty much laughed at me when I said I wanted an external HDD with firewire 800 to stream my sample library- so looks looks like 400 is enough for audio. Audio AND Video dunno.
I did a live recording last summer running 22 channels of 24bit/48khz direct to disk over one firewire 400 bus on my Macbook Pro.
I used a pair of MH2882+DSP's, an MH ULN-2, and a Swissonic 4 channel AD96 which was attachd to one of the 2882+DSP's via ADAT.

I think my record buffer was around 1024 samples. I recorded directly to my internal 7200rpm sata laptop HD.

There were no problems at all.. Firewire 400 is great.