(ot) Torture -The Guantanamo Guidebook

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dango

Post by dango » Mon May 14, 2007 12:21 am

jamester wrote:Dango - America's suspension of Habeas Corpus is not unprecedented (unfortunately):
ok, habeas corpus aside. we are fucking torturing people. fuck that.

those us soilders that are missing right now are so up shit creek. i am sure they would be killed anyway, but i bet because of the circumstances it will be more ugly than it needs be.

and i do not want to hear anyone say, well other prisons are in the world are worse, you get tortured in other places. screw that, we are not other places. we are supposed to be just. I know we have a bad track record, but no one should be tortured. just because others do it does not make it right and does not mean people should not protest it.

jamester

Post by jamester » Mon May 14, 2007 12:27 am

dango wrote:
jamester wrote:Dango - America's suspension of Habeas Corpus is not unprecedented (unfortunately):

those us soilders that are missing right now are so up shit creek. i am sure they would be killed anyway, but i bet because of the circumstances it will be more ugly than it needs be.

and i do not want to hear anyone say, well other prisons are in the world are worse, you get tortured in other places. screw that, we are not other places. we are supposed to be just. I know we have a bad track record, but no one should be tortured. just because others do it does not make it right and does not mean people should not protest it.
I agree 100% Dango.

Another interesting factoid not many people know concerns our kidnapping of suspected terrorists and holding them at CIA-run torture prisons in the Middle East - a secret program started by Clinton!

We've been torturing people since way before 9/11. The Dems don't make a stink because they know who created the program.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

dango

Post by dango » Mon May 14, 2007 12:52 am

for anyone interested in listening here is my dad interviewing attorney Jeff Coleman.

Jeff Coleman and his firm have been representing clients at gitmo for the last year. it is a short interview, a little over 10 minutes.

http://sinewavezero.com/sound/gitmo.mp3

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon May 14, 2007 1:00 am

dango wrote:and i do not want to hear anyone say, well other prisons are in the world are worse, you get tortured in other places. screw that, we are not other places....
+1

JACKAL & HYDE

Post by JACKAL & HYDE » Mon May 14, 2007 1:42 am

dango wrote:

First off coerced interrogation is hardly hollywood film "torture". Nobody with half a brain practices this anymore because everyone knows thee torturees would say anything to make it stop. You've got Red Cross people everywhere down there along with human rights watch groups all over the place at gitmo taking note of everything. So the "were Torturing humans @ gitmo" is way overplayed. From the beginning they've extracted information from the prisoners not by torture but by developing rapport with them and providing amenities, the tougher detainees get coerced interrogation. Their treatment there is humane by any standard on earth and MUCH better than any normal US prison as far as wants, grants and amenities. All their food made to follow Koranic Law etc, you cant get that at any normal prison. The detainees down there in guantanamo Cuba eat better than the children of cuba and no ones getting bamboo shoots up their fingernails.
Last edited by JACKAL & HYDE on Mon May 14, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

fortycoats

Post by fortycoats » Mon May 14, 2007 1:47 am

JACKAL & HYDE wrote: From the beginning they've extracted information from the prisoners not by torture but by developing rapport with them and providing amenities. Their treatment there is humane by any standard on earth and MUCH better than any normal US prison as far as wants, grants and amenities. All their food made to follow Koranic Law etc, you cant get that at any normal prison.
are you for real?
i'm sure you wouldn't mind going there for a relaxing extraction chat sometime

i remember somebody telling me he couldn't listen to any of your records anymore after seeing the stuff you spout on message boards

i found that pretty stupid at the time, but i see his point after reading a few threads you've posted in here

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon May 14, 2007 2:09 am

JACKAL & HYDE wrote:
dango wrote:

First off coerced interrogation is hardly hollywood film "torture". Nobody with half a brain practices this anymore because everyone knows thee torturees would say anything to make it stop. You've got Red Cross people everywhere down there along with human rights watch groups all over the place at gitmo taking note of everything. So the "were Torturing humans @ gitmo" is way overplayed. From the beginning they've extracted information from the prisoners not by torture but by developing rapport with them and providing amenities. Their treatment there is humane by any standard on earth and MUCH better than any normal US prison as far as wants, grants and amenities. All their food made to follow Koranic Law etc, you cant get that at any normal prison. The detainees down there in guantanamo Cuba eat better than the children of cuba and no ones getting bamboo shoots up their fingernails.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

JACKAL & HYDE

Post by JACKAL & HYDE » Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 am

steve-o wrote:
JACKAL & HYDE wrote:
dango wrote: ok, habeas corpus aside. we are fucking torturing people. fuck that.

First off coerced interrogation is hardly hollywood film "torture". Nobody with half a brain practices this anymore because everyone knows thee torturees would say anything to make it stop. You've got Red Cross people everywhere down there along with human rights watch groups all over the place at gitmo taking note of everything. So the "were Torturing humans @ gitmo" is way overplayed. From the beginning they've extracted information from the prisoners not by torture but by developing rapport with them and providing amenities. Their treatment there is humane by any standard on earth and MUCH better than any normal US prison as far as wants, grants and amenities. All their food made to follow Koranic Law etc, you cant get that at any normal prison. The detainees down there in guantanamo Cuba eat better than the children of cuba and no ones getting bamboo shoots up their fingernails.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

All the things you would not see at a Gulag are at Guantanamo. Dentist, 24 hour physicians, pharmacy, Korans provided to every detainee in different languages, prayer beads & oil provided, food made to follow strict Koranic law, halal/lemon chicken etc. Am I wrong so far? The Red Cross visits detainees and are on hand 24 hours a day with instant access into any place in the prison, theres a library stocked with Islamic literature with over 4,000 books for the detainees to read, prayer is called 5 times a day over the speaker system with an arrow pointing toward Mecca in every single cell so they'll be facing the right direction, cooperative prisoners are allowed 10 hours of outdoor time a day compared to 1 hour in every US prison and 0 hours in US supermaxes. < None of these things would be provided at prisons covering 80% of the earth, not one of them. Russia, China (entire far east), Africa, Mexico, entire Middle east, South America the list goes on & on.. These things would not exist, the situation would be 10 times more brutal, and the treatment even more abhorrent.

You mix that with the world saying that guantanamo is the worst place on earth and the practices are outrageous and it doesnt add up. Yea, theres interrogation, and no I wouldnt like to go there but its hardly the "worst prison on earth".
Last edited by JACKAL & HYDE on Mon May 14, 2007 5:59 am, edited 14 times in total.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon May 14, 2007 2:21 am

JACKAL & HYDE wrote:....no ones getting bamboo shoots up their fingernails.
True, we "render" them to Syria, Egypt, Uzbekistan or some other such place for that.

dango

Post by dango » Mon May 14, 2007 6:00 am

sorry jackal and hyde, but are you crazy?

you make it sound like gitmo is club fed.

the imates there were treated like rabid street dogs.

ahhh yes, that looks like some quality treatment there.

dango

Post by dango » Mon May 14, 2007 6:01 am

no abuse went on in this cell

:roll:

dango

Post by dango » Mon May 14, 2007 6:03 am

ohhh and this looks like fun

dango

Post by dango » Mon May 14, 2007 6:06 am

yes the first two are from abu grab not gitmo

the only difference between the two prisons is that pictures got leaked from abu grab.

and like what was already said. god knows what is going on in the secret torture camps set up around the east

jackal and hyde, if gitmo was such a mellow place we would not set it up outside the us in cuba. there is a reason they have it set up in cuba. it is to get around certain laws, both national and international. i am glad you are such a good little patriot, but i think having jeb bush as your govenor has ruined your mind. unless you really have an alter ego, one is maybe smart and the other resides his head in the sand.

JACKAL & HYDE

Post by JACKAL & HYDE » Mon May 14, 2007 6:26 am

dango wrote:yes the first two are from abu grab not gitmo

and like what was already said. god knows what is going on in the secret torture camps set up around the east

jackal and hyde, if gitmo was such a mellow place we would not set it up outside the us in cuba. there is a reason they have it set up in cuba. it is to get around certain laws, both national and international. i am glad you are such a good little patriot, but i think having jeb bush as your govenor has ruined your mind. unless you really have an alter ego, one is maybe smart and the other resides his head in the sand..
Totally agree. I think at first it was fckd at gitmo with terrible treatment. But after public outcry alot has been fixed there with the help of the red cross and humanitarian aid watch groups. And yes, the other secret camps are no doubt really bad and very brutal. Not a Jeb fan or a Bush fan either. Its just to hear these broad brush stroke Torture comments about gitmo now in 2007 one imagines KGB agents hammering the fingers off of prisoners in Siberia and that is not going on at Guantanamo. And if it was, there would be whistle blowers all over the place via the red cross. In the beginning you had law suits for cruel and unusual treatment because the detainees at guantanamo were being forced to eat what the soldiers eat instead of halal food. This was fixed along with a hundred other things there. A hundred other things that wouldnt even be considered at prisons the world over.
Last edited by JACKAL & HYDE on Mon May 14, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

JACKAL & HYDE

Post by JACKAL & HYDE » Mon May 14, 2007 6:28 am

dango wrote:sorry jackal and hyde, but are you crazy?

you make it sound like gitmo is club fed.

the imates there were treated like rabid street dogs.

ahhh yes, that looks like some quality treatment there.

Not gitmo