Small workflow improvements.. Post them here..

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Sun May 13, 2007 4:11 am

BigBuddha wrote:Impulse Sample Reverse

This should be fixed asap. Also AHDSR.
you know... this would be solved if you could drag samples out of impulse back into session or arrange view...

which i personally think would be a much better way to implement it, as it gives more flexibility...
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun May 13, 2007 7:21 am

am wrote:
BigBuddha wrote:Impulse Sample Reverse

This should be fixed asap. Also AHDSR.
you know... this would be solved if you could drag samples out of impulse back into session or arrange view...

which i personally think would be a much better way to implement it, as it gives more flexibility...
Yeah the ease of being able to drag it strait from Impulse would be cool, but you do know there is a fairly easy way to do this already? But since Sampler has a reverse button shouldn't Impulse also?

I'd also like to be able to use the reverse button in Sampler on a per sample basis not global. BTW is there a way to preview a sample in Sampler? I mean not using a keyboard, from within the Sampler GUI.

Soma

Post by Soma » Sun May 13, 2007 5:20 pm

BigBuddha wrote:Convolution Reverb

Even Fruity Loop (!) got one.
I bet Ableton would make a kick-ass convo verb and IR set :)

womoma

Post by womoma » Tue May 15, 2007 11:18 pm

The ability to choose different colours for warp markers, or to somehow make permanent highlights on areas of waveforms.

This would please DJs very much. Thanks.

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed May 16, 2007 8:52 pm

Sample preview > independent quantization from global

unless this is already possible..?

I would find it very useful if the auditioning of samples in the browser could have it's own independent quantization, other than the global quantization..

If you are just previewing some short one shot samples the quantize 'delay' can get a bit annoying,
and I don't like to change the global quantization again and again and again..

So maybe a new option in the preferences; "Browser quantization"

(the "Launch Quantization" preference seems to handle this but then new clips follow this as well..)

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu May 17, 2007 5:53 am

the gui is cluttered
there is way to much dragging that is needed in order to navigate from the piano roll to back to the arrange view
there needs to be a button to switch from FULL SCREEN piano view back to arrange view
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 pm

+ 'Load clips in RAM by default' button on Preferencies (aka I have paid for this RAM and i want to get it used!)

+ Mouse horizontal scroll wheel support

+ Auto assign the same color for all the clips in the same track

+ My Microkontrol small LCD screens still dont get any feedback form Live's Instant mapping & MIDI map

+ And of course, dual monitor support for F11 (full screen), with the ability to drag the mixer / track view on one screen, and the arrangement / midi note editor on the second screen, etc.

Sorry in any of these as been posted before.

electrik noize

Post by electrik noize » Fri May 18, 2007 7:41 pm

I'm running Live 4 so if this has been updated than just ignore me.

I would like to see some of the Buttons under preferences get moved next to the play/rec/stop buttons.

I turn on/off the pref "record on scene launch" a bunch. would be nice to assign this to a key to toggle it...

onslaught

Post by onslaught » Sat May 19, 2007 6:16 am

nathannn wrote:the gui is cluttered
there is way to much dragging that is needed in order to navigate from the piano roll to back to the arrange view
there needs to be a button to switch from FULL SCREEN piano view back to arrange view
Have you tried Shift + Tab?
Drag your midi clip up to full screen, Shift+Tab (back to Arrange), Shift+Tab (back to full screen Midi clip). Only thing with this is I can't keep the track view from reappearing.
There's also the 'Detail' views in the View menu, worth checking out, i've set up my own keyboard shortcuts for most stuff, so I can't remember if these had defaults or not.

Poster

Post by Poster » Sat May 19, 2007 3:25 pm

Renaming recorded audio clips

Could we please get the option to rename audio recordings (on OS level)?
Because I don't want to rename the track title first before I start recording..

So when you rename a sample clip in Live,
the sample is automatically renamed in the set's samples folder..

The anonymous names like 0002 9-Audio-1.aif are not very useful at all..

greenscreens

Post by greenscreens » Mon May 21, 2007 3:28 am

+1 vote for track folders/groups/colors

+1 for convolution reverb

glu

Post by glu » Mon May 21, 2007 4:32 am

full macro support for single key commands. I know this is possible within OSX, but for us XP/Vista users it would be nice- especially already pre-programmed single key functions, so you-Ableton-can sell some keyboard stickers!
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 pm

auto track focus

when you TAB toggle session<>arrange,
and have a track selected,
it would be nice to auto focus on that track on both sides..

for instance;

if you select track 2 in session,
(and track 2 is out of sight in arrange (scrollbar)
when you then TAB toggle to arrange, track 2 would be highlighted and made visible automatically..

currently it's only highlighted but not necessarily visible..

Soma

Post by Soma » Tue May 22, 2007 12:48 pm

Poster wrote:auto track focus

when you TAB toggle session<>arrange,
and have a track selected,
it would be nice to auto focus on that track on both sides..

for instance;

if you select track 2 in session,
(and track 2 is out of sight in arrange (scrollbar)
when you then TAB toggle to arrange, track 2 would be highlighted and made visible automatically..

currently it's only highlighted but not necessarily visible..
Makes sense.

rydan

Post by rydan » Fri May 25, 2007 8:50 am

MouseWheel to adjust knobs/sliders. That one is a GREAT feature, so much quicker and smoother to just hold the pointer above a slider and roll the mouse wheel as opposed to click-drag.

MidiControl of currently selected parameter. Say, for instance, I assign ModWheel as "currently selected controller" Then, i select a mixer fader, move the mod wheel and it adjusts the selected fader, select a plug in knob instead, move the mod wheel, and it adjusts the selected parameter for the plugin and so on. Would be great for writing automation and so on...

Naming of midi/audio inputs/outputs. (if you, like me, have 26 audio in/out and 10 midi in/out, remembering what is connected to where isn't trivial...)

IR reverb: -1. Why in heavens name should ableton spend development time on this when there are so many great ones out there already? Even free ones like SIR. Isn't it better for Ableton to develop the core of the program as far as possible??