It's time again........how's your weather?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

It's time again........how's your weather?

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 am

This was an excellent post last year......I'm about 20 day's too early........but let's hear it :)

Here in sacto, ca it's been awsome so far.......FAR cry from last year where we'd already had several 100's.........

Patch

Post by Patch » Thu May 24, 2007 8:52 am

F'ing lovely here in the UK!!! April was gorgeous - so much that I rushed out and bought a convertible MR2! May has sucked this far - but this week has brightened up enough to be able to drive home from work with the top down, and go out and shoot some hoops when I get home.

Goddamn - I love Summertime!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu May 24, 2007 8:57 am

Nice weather at the beach in Belgium.

Parts of Africa are dealing with nasty coldwaves at the moment.

I sersiously considering to domesticate some palm trees and start a coconut farm.
Send them to Brugge to get em filled with chocolate..
Export to Japan as "Belgian Choconuts" and make a fortune :wink:

Any other ideas about how you might benefit from a climate change in your area?
Building an Arc seems to be hot these days :lol:

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Thu May 24, 2007 9:57 am

Let me say that I don't like hot weather. I am not a fucking lizard.

So April was briliant. Nice and cool, not too cold where you couldn't sit around in a t-shirt, but not too warm where you wished you were dead.

May was good at first too, but the last few days have sucked balls. Too fucking hot! :roll:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 am

Amberience wrote:Let me say that I don't like hot weather. I am not a fucking lizard.

So April was briliant. Nice and cool, not too cold where you couldn't sit around in a t-shirt, but not too warm where you wished you were dead.

May was good at first too, but the last few days have sucked balls. Too fucking hot! :roll:
I'm with you, living in the "furnace" that is Sacramento is not my first choice........it was how things happened.....

btw, click on this link

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/U ... undeclared

I kid you not, this forecast has now been just about the same for ONE YEAR! Some people would think it's too cold, but I'm thinking in terms of consistency..........anyways, I think it's interesting.....

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu May 24, 2007 10:07 am

Perfect weather here -- not a cloud in the sky, and great, "normal" springtime conditions. I fear for once summer sets in, though, as when the heat returns, the global warming crowd will start producing more hot air.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Thu May 24, 2007 10:13 am

Here in the near of Vienna it is today about 31 degrees!

Love it!

and i am sitting in my studio dark and cold?

am i a idiot?

I guess yes.....
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 10:16 am

I dunno, dark and cold can be so soothing...........

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Thu May 24, 2007 1:17 pm

The rainy season just started so now it's raining everyday... should stop in December :(

Patch

Post by Patch » Thu May 24, 2007 1:22 pm

eyeknow wrote:I'm with you, living in the "furnace" that is Sacramento is not my first choice........it was how things happened.....

btw, click on this link

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/U ... undeclared

I kid you not, this forecast has now been just about the same for ONE YEAR! Some people would think it's too cold, but I'm thinking in terms of consistency..........anyways, I think it's interesting.....
Scorchio!

craw

Post by craw » Thu May 24, 2007 1:28 pm

bloody roasting here in switzerland ... :oops: (that emoticon is not supposed to be embarrasment, but me sweating my balls off!!)

Come from Glasgow, originally, and I must say, I am not used to hot weather like this ... don't like it very much either, not good for my productivity!
craw

roach808

Post by roach808 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:35 pm

Its rather windy over here in sunny Florida.....kinda wish it was more sunny and less windy tho.
roach- the other white meat
http://www.themenacetosobriety.com/blog/
MBP, Live Suite, and lots of nice analogue gear.

JDSampo

Post by JDSampo » Thu May 24, 2007 1:52 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Here in the near of Vienna it is today about 31 degrees!
Same here, sunny and 31 (88F).

I was just in Vienna two weeks ago and the weather was gorgeous. I came home to warm then cold then rain-rain-rain and then more warm, then more cold and rain.

If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a minute. :roll:

--JD
2.4ghz Core2 Duo, 2g RAM, Focusrite Saffire LE, Sonar 6, Live 7, Reason 4, various NI gewgaws.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu May 24, 2007 7:32 pm

In Maryland/DC area we're coming up above 80F/27C at this point, very sunny and nice winds.

However, the next few weeks is usually 'off and on' thunderstorm time, which can mean some very powerful electrical storms, and occasionally tornadoes. I was near a lightning strike in early June about 12 years ago, and my feet hurt for years thereafter (and which may explain some other things :) )
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Thu May 24, 2007 7:43 pm

It's getting hot, and it's just going to get hotter. I'm in midtown, and I just burnt my neck walking the 10 blocks home. Supposed to be 90 tomorrow.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams