ot ... Ron Paul for president.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
knotkranky

ot ... Ron Paul for president.

Post by knotkranky » Sat May 26, 2007 8:06 am

Congressman Ron Paul for president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8
starts a minute in...

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat May 26, 2007 9:00 am

Yeah I dig him, but he is a little kooky.

He was on Bill Maher tonight for a couple minutes and he's tellin' it like it is. But voters don't usually like that, they want to hear how "it will be", not "how it is". So that combined with being a little kooky pretty much does him in. He rerminds me of Perot.

Plus (as he said), he's like a hundred million dollars behind the front-runners...our elections are bought, it's so sad.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

tacvbo83

Post by tacvbo83 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:51 pm

Like Bush isn't kooky enough. I guess a different type of kooky.

I actually like this guy. Most real republican up to now; not falling for the lies and corruption of the others. There is a democrat that I like also who is very similar to Ron but I can't remember his name. They would make a good combination; too bad they are different parties. It is sad to see that money will not let them go beyond several months from now. Higher party officials on each side will shut them down.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat May 26, 2007 2:15 pm

I like Ron Paul. I also like Kucinich.

They should run together.

hoffman2k

Re: ot ... Ron Paul for president.

Post by hoffman2k » Sat May 26, 2007 3:45 pm

knotkranky wrote:Image
Thats a 2$ haircut right there. That should help his case :lol:

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Ron Paul is the man!
I was all about Obama until I watched Ron Paul in both Republican debates and thought to myself "Ah, now there's a guy who is really about change". The man stood up in front of the world and said US foreign policy played a major role in 9/11 happening. Giulliani said he had never heard such a ridiculous statement. Hello? The CIA and 9/11 Commission both came to the same conclusion!!

Watching someone who actually still believes in the Constitution get asked by the moderator, of all people, if he is running in the right party....watching the media completely shut Ron Paul out, except as the guy who "gave Giuliani the race" by giving him the opportunity to be the "patriot" on stage with his nonsense...makes me realize how pathetically off the voting system is here.

Fuck every other candidate, as far as I'm concerned. Obama hasn't said a damn thing I like, beyond totally vague promises and a bunch of shit I want to hear. Ron Paul is my man, and if he is not electable, that's just a sad reflection on American politics, IMO.

tacvbo83

Post by tacvbo83 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:10 pm

ethios4 wrote:Ron Paul is the man!
I was all about Obama until I watched Ron Paul in both Republican debates and thought to myself "Ah, now there's a guy who is really about change". The man stood up in front of the world and said US foreign policy played a major role in 9/11 happening. Giulliani said he had never heard such a ridiculous statement. Hello? The CIA and 9/11 Commission both came to the same conclusion!!

Watching someone who actually still believes in the Constitution get asked by the moderator, of all people, if he is running in the right party....watching the media completely shut Ron Paul out, except as the guy who "gave Giuliani the race" by giving him the opportunity to be the "patriot" on stage with his nonsense...makes me realize how pathetically off the voting system is here.

Fuck every other candidate, as far as I'm concerned. Obama hasn't said a damn thing I like, beyond totally vague promises and a bunch of shit I want to hear. Ron Paul is my man, and if he is not electable, that's just a sad reflection on American politics, IMO.
I'm with you 100%. Fuck all the other fake, lying, corrupt candidates. It should not be about political parties at all. It should be about who is right for you, for me, and for the world.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat May 26, 2007 6:12 pm

its not my place to tell americans what to do or how to vote, but i feel that voting for this guy could be the most amazing thing you have done in your history.

otherwise the democrats and republicans are all the same.

this Ron Paul guy is the closest thing to a true republican running on the GOP side this time round..

for the dude who was after a democrat with similar views the guys name is Mike Gravel but Ron Paul seems to have solutions as opposed to drumming up words.

peace

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat May 26, 2007 6:30 pm

tacvbo83 wrote:
ethios4 wrote:Ron Paul is the man!

I'm with you 100%. Fuck all the other fake, lying, corrupt candidates. It should not be about political parties at all. It should be about who is right for you, for me, and for the world.
I'm with you guys 100% as well, unfortunately it's not the reality of our corrupt, corporate money-bought closed two-party system that a guy like that can become president. And it shows in the funding; ultimately only the most financially-backed candidates make it in, and Paul's way behind in that department. That alone tells you he doesn't stand a chance.

The other side of it, sadly, is that while there are plenty of people out there who could help to change this by actually going out and VOTING...most don't. Like our income taxes, the vast majority of the votes come from a relatively small sector of the US population...and that sector is "status-quo", not "progressive".

So we'll keep keepin' on, sorry Ron Paul.... :?

Nader rode the "young vote" hard, but when it came down to it he needed only 5% of the vote in order to qualify for federal funding for the Green Party in future elections. He didn't even get three:
Wikipedia
Nader ran actively in 2000 as the candidate of the Green Party of the United States, which had been formed in the wake of his 1996 campaign. That year, he received 2.74% of the popular vote, missing the 5% needed to qualify the Green Party for federally distributed public funding in the next election.
A sign of hope is that voter turnout was up for the 2004 election, after record-low turnouts for the 2000 election. However, the Republican turnout was up higher (in percentage) than the Democrat turnout, so four more years of Bush...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

glu

Post by glu » Sat May 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Fuck it- I am no longer voting. It's a pointless corporate democracy.

There is no way this guy has a chance.

There's no way ANYBODY DECENT has a chance.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat May 26, 2007 7:34 pm

Hmm, I disagree but I understand the pessimism. I believe he stands a good chance and If you believe in his stance, you should go with him. It would be best to go with the Ron Paul message all the way to election day and then hedge if needed for one's personal strategic purposes. Until that day, it will be his words I will promote regardless of statistical projections. At this point he is by no means out of the race. It would irresponsible to discount the man's message simply because he is not backed by media hyperbole. He may not be my vote on election day, but he'll be my vote all the way to election day.

glu

Post by glu » Sat May 26, 2007 7:41 pm

I have been following him for awhile now, and I have the utmost respect for the man, but I bet you your PT rig he won't get nominated under the Republican't ticket. Such a sham(e). He could have my vote though-

I get infuriated (but entertained) by watching the republican debates. Goooooliani can eat the undigested corn from his own waste for all I care- he deserves a second harvest diet.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat May 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Its almost like a royal rumble match :lol:

Gore will enter at nr 30 and chuck any remaining candidates out of the ring.

What? Like 18 months to go?
I also saw Ron Paul on Maher and at the moment, he does seem like the best man for the job.
But how will somebody thats too republican for the republicans, get the republican vote?
If he doesn't raise the cash for a campaign, its still anybody's game.
Not to mention any potential scandals or slip ups...
Hell, a 400$ hair cut can set you back in the polls :lol:
Gore has 2 books and a movie to fund himself. But probably wouldn't even have to spend a dime if he decided to run.

One more thing...
For the people who decide not to vote...

In my country, if you dont go vote.. You get a fine. If you dont pay the fine, you might go to jail.
If you actually believe that not going to vote, is a choice you conciously made...
Think twice about how you ended up with the feeling that voting is a waste of time anyway.
Its not only a right.. It should be a duty.

That being said, in Belgium I just make sure that I don't vote for the fascist party.
I couldn't be buggered about who else gets the vote.
But then again, my politicians aren't directing and funding the missiles that are being fired everyday, about a 2 days drive from my home.

Its sooo easy to not care if things dont affect you directly.
For all you know.. Going to the market in Baghdad is like going to the market on a sunny day in Indiana.

At this point I'm not even sure why I'm so interested in American politics.
It could be the global stake and the fact that I actaully live on what used to be a bloody battlefield...
But I think its mostly because it feels like "Thats my Bush" never went of the air...

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Sat May 26, 2007 7:46 pm

My theory is that Ron Paul is this elections designated "Democratic vote catcher" - like Perot and Nader before him he's actually in cahoots with the Republican mainstream to steal as many votes from the Democratic candidates as possible without him actually becoming a threat to the right wing overlords, but ruining the chances for any Democratic candidate.
After the election he'll be rewarded with a post in the administration where he'll begin towing the party line instead of trying to rock the boat. If he makes it to the end, that is (as an independent, maybe?).

I agree with his message, there's just something I can't put my finger on that I don't trust.
ethios4 wrote:One thing to remember is that you will probably never ever get to experience your own music the way you experience other people's music.
http://www.myspace.com/kristallin

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat May 26, 2007 8:02 pm

glu wrote:I have been following him for awhile now, and I have the utmost respect for the man, but I bet you your PT rig he won't get nominated under the Republican't ticket. Such a sham(e). He could have my vote though-

I get infuriated (but entertained) by watching the republican debates. Goooooliani can eat the undigested corn from his own waste for all I care- he deserves a second harvest diet.
Yeah, he may get shut out. But it feels better to keep the chin up on the possibilities. Maybe some big money will drop in on him and a few top repub contenders will implode. There's a lot of track left.

He's got Rudy on the ropes right now and will probably get his pants down a bit concerning his war stance. He is certainly a new path catalyst in the repub race. I hope he can fan some more flames and keep calling out the war dolts.

Sure, he's a sub plot right now, but i'm betting he makes some headway. He's gonna be interesting to watch.

Agreed with h2k, Gore will come in and take the Dems. I must admit, Gore is very appealing to me these days.