Small workflow improvements.. Post them here..

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Poster

Post by Poster » Sun May 27, 2007 9:53 pm

(de)activate track

same as the contextual option '(de)activate clip'..

very useful when you want to deactivate a whole track in Arrange - muting a track still eats cpu..

sparrow

Post by sparrow » Sun May 27, 2007 10:12 pm

When working with midi controlers it would be useful to be able ta assign chanelstrips. For example, I asigne everything in track 1 from clip launch, mixer, i/o´s and device to dedicated controls. Now I move to track 2 and all these assigned controls work on track 2 instead.

This all means that I could have a small controller like the faderfox by my synth and controll everything from there.

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Tue May 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Ability to adjust width of track name box in arrange view. At present a double digit track number only leaves space for 7 visible characters which just ain't enough! We have this in session, why not in arrange?

thanks

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue May 29, 2007 3:59 pm

I want tutorials on how to complete more than 1/3 of a song :?

and:

Midi note drawing like in Reason as an option. When I make a note in the piano roll and hold the mouse button and drag to the right, I would like the note to become longer, instead of duplicating notes. The way it is now is mostly only useful for me when making hihats or effects.

And FAA (Forum Addicts Anonymous) for people who spend too much time on forums instead of Live. :oops: =P

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue May 29, 2007 4:43 pm

And right now after 30 minutes in Live, I realized how cool an LFO device would be. Imagine assigning an LFO to eq8's freq parameter. I could do it in Reason, and would like to be able to do it in live. The LFO device could have a list of all the available parameters in the chain. MAN that would be fantastic.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue May 29, 2007 4:59 pm

Also needed: Global Transpose. Not only great for cheesy key changes à la eurovision, but also good for experimental purposes and finding out which key the song sounds best in etc.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:47 pm

I think it's been posted as a topic of its own, but I really found myself wanting this feature now:

Colours per track, instead of per clip

If you create a new clip within a track, it'll change colour. Make enough new clips and everything looks like a total mess.

And another one:

Triggering a scene when recording to arrangement view adds a Locator with the scene's name on it

djod

Post by djod » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 pm

More folders in the top left part of the browser where also the vst/au and device folders are.

Maybe its best to make it optional in the preference how many you want.

P.s. If all this gets implemented in the next iteration (hopefully 6.5 ;)) It would be more than heaven.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:08 pm

It needs to be repeated for every page imo: Track folders

1024x768 resolution laptop and large projects isn't very fun in session view

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:34 pm

scientist wrote:2. when the clip/effect view is collaped, clicking on the 'clip overview' or 'track view selector' (the little windows in the lower right) opens the corresponding view. except in arrange mode for some reason clicking the clip overview doesn't open the clip window. actually, it does if the last window open was track view and not clip view. yeah this is a very small detail, but i'm always clicking the clip overview expecting it to open and it doesn't. drives me crazy.
Works fine for me
scientist wrote:3. with the sample window open in clip view, the grid size shortcuts should still be active. without them it makes adjusting start points and brackets more tedious than it has to be. (zoom in, adjust, zoom out, etc).
Yeah that would be nice

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:21 am

real hotswapping

the only purpose of the current hotswap feature is to bring you to the last loaded sample or preset..

so that makes it a sort of 'pseudo' hotswap..

what it actually should do is (temp)loading the new selected sample or preset IN the instrument without commiting to it..
This way you can actually hear if the sample or preset fits in the song or not..

The return key should then make the choice of the sample or preset definite..
If not pressed, it should leave the instrument unchanged..

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 724#489724

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:32 pm

:arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea:

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:13 pm

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:I want tutorials on how to complete more than 1/3 of a song :?

and:

Midi note drawing like in Reason as an option. When I make a note in the piano roll and hold the mouse button and drag to the right, I would like the note to become longer, instead of duplicating notes. The way it is now is mostly only useful for me when making hihats or effects.

And FAA (Forum Addicts Anonymous) for people who spend too much time on forums instead of Live. :oops: =P
Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:And right now after 30 minutes in Live, I realized how cool an LFO device would be. Imagine assigning an LFO to eq8's freq parameter. I could do it in Reason, and would like to be able to do it in live. The LFO device could have a list of all the available parameters in the chain. MAN that would be fantastic.
Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:Also needed: Global Transpose. Not only great for cheesy key changes à la eurovision, but also good for experimental purposes and finding out which key the song sounds best in etc.
Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:I think it's been posted as a topic of its own, but I really found myself wanting this feature now:

Colours per track, instead of per clip

If you create a new clip within a track, it'll change colour. Make enough new clips and everything looks like a total mess.

And another one:

Triggering a scene when recording to arrangement view adds a Locator with the scene's name on it
Whoa, those are some great ideas dude!

Forge.

Re:

Post by Forge. » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am

poster wrote:(de)activate track

same as the contextual option '(de)activate clip'..

very useful when you want to deactivate a whole track in Arrange - muting a track still eats cpu..
VERY +1

friend_kami

Re:

Post by friend_kami » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:37 am

electrik noize wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:
can we please assign our own shortcuts to EVERYTHING thanks kk...
Yes please. For all of abletons assignability over audio files, the ability to not assign whatever key strokes i want for editing is rather bizare.
let us customize our own editing keystrokes please!!!!!!
yes, and while were at it: make everything in the gui assigneable to midi/qwerty; if you can click it with a mouse you can assign it.