DJ & PERFORMANCE wishlist...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tylast

Post by tylast » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:39 pm

Just letting you know the work around for now is that you can drag/drop files from other programs.

solovox

Post by solovox » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:09 am

MIDI-controlled PREFERENCES...mainly this one:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62681
Live Show Rig: MacBook Pro, 2.3ghz Intel i7, 16GB RAM, Motu Ultralite

Desktop Rig: 8 core Xeon, 20 gig RAM, RAID 0 drives, Zoom LiveTrak L-8, Windows 10

womoma

Post by womoma » Tue May 15, 2007 11:44 pm

COLOUR CODING.

The ability to have different coloured warp markers and/or waveform sections, would be great for DJs.

These colours would be SAVED WITH WARPING INFORMATION.

EXAMPLES:

Colour coding is GOOD for DJs.

Also, as I mentioned before, the ability to PRE-ASSIGN colours to clips or sections of the matrix in session view would be of great benefit to DJs.

womoma

Post by womoma » Wed May 16, 2007 12:36 am

another suggestion from ALDJ...

Negative warp markers

womoma

Post by womoma » Wed May 16, 2007 12:39 am

Personally If theres one thing I would love it would be the ability to PRE ASSIGN CLIP COLOURS IN SESSION VIEW

They could corrispond to buttons on mid/ps2 keyboards / midi controllers etc.

It is a matrix so let us duplicate it with our hardware. Please think about it Abes.

OneTrueDabe

Clip Launch Quanitzation "Offset"

Post by OneTrueDabe » Mon May 21, 2007 4:49 am

I mentioned this recently on the ALDJ forum, and am reposting it here for the wider audience...

I'd like to see a Quantization "Offset" in the Clip Launch area.

Far too often I find myself with a vocal track that starts with a "pick-up" beat on the '8'. When I launch that clip, I need it to start "1/8th" bars early.

Currently I set my loops to start a full 1 bar early, and use clip automation to silence the first 7 beats, but that sucks because it means I have to launch my vocal clips *WAY* the heck in advance, and hope it starts at the right time (and believe me, my heart RACES during those seven beats, anxious that it might not start where I wanted it to!)

Anyway, it seems like there should be an easier way to keep my quantization at 1 bar, and keep my warp markers lined up with the beat, yet still have the clip start when I *MEAN* for it to -- relative to the beat.

Cheers,

--
:- Dabe

womoma

Post by womoma » Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 pm

more suggestions from people over on ALDJ

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Improved highlighting in session view
The way clips are highlighted is a nice idea, with the vertical and horizontal sections being highlighted, but when these are all filled with clips, as is likely with a lot of DJ situations, we need the clip itself to be highlighted in a far more obvious way.
Why not take the plunge and have the selected clip glow, invert, or have a fat red outline.

improved metering etc
Something like this:
http://www.vertexdsp.com/products_multiinspector.html
built into Live would be great.

A DJM style filter
DJs want a filter which is transparent at 12 0 clock, low passes to the left, and high passes to the right. Shouldnt be too hard to sort out? Please?

An advanced brick wall limiter
The DJ master channel is something which is often discussed on ALDJ. A decent mastering device would be fantastic.

Detatchable Windows
Such as the bottom section, multiple waveform views, or a dedicated DJ device.

Greatly improved beat repeat
Dont just look at Supatrigga, look at Lucifer, with its built in filters and ENVELOPES!
Aswell as quickly switchable presets in beat repeat, and a crossfader.
also:
"a beat repeat that stops the audio so you can have a mad drum roll them release back from where you left it"

IMPROVED VISABILITY OF THE PROGRESS BAR IN WAVEFORM PREVIEW
Requested many times. Simple things like this would make Live far more appealing for DJs.

Gate mode/momentary OPTION for computer keyboard midi mappings such as "device on/off"

Multiple Cue points

"Outside Live" drag and drop warping sharing / online asd library
Sounds weird but its simple. "
A lot of people would like to share asd warp files for different tracks, there could even be a library set up for this.
Some sort of tool which killed the need for renaming tracks would be fantastic, ie, you just drag the asd file onto the mp3 file, and it automatically renames itself.
We know dtd do warped tracks, but come on..."

Integrated VJ tool
Something along the lines of quicktime-support meets Flash meets imovie.... and free with Live 7.

Mouseless browser dragging
A way of dragging and dropping clips from the browser onto slots without touching the mouse

Mouseless waveform preview zooming
Midi assign baby.

Built in Midistroke/Bomes

Built in Rapid Evolution, pitch/key detection.
For harmonic mixing.

colourable folders in the browser
and improved browser overall, including files that have been warped appearing in a different colour.

Custom Ableton Hardware
2 new m-audio controllers specifically built for Ableton Live. 1 for production, 1 for DJing.
The latter would be a bit like a "UC33e on speed", with better build quality, more (and better and bigger) buttons, and a crossfader. Something like this could easily sell for around 400 dollars.

OneTrueDabe

Post by OneTrueDabe » Wed May 30, 2007 12:14 am

I wanted to give a bump for integrated scratching...

Stanton's Final Scratch "OPEN" platform purports to offer an API allowing you to integrate with their hardware. It would be wicked cool if you could control the Clip Scrub area using an actual turntable!

And as I mentioned previously, I'd like to optionally quantize to the nearest beat (or whatever) -- make it a button and I could assign a momentary MIDI control, like a foot pedal, so when the pedal is depressed, it's raw, unquantized scratching, but when I release the pedal, scratching acts more like the "<<" and ">>" nudge buttons.

Of course, I want to "+1" all the other long-overdue suggestions, too -- multiple waveforms, colored warp markers / regions, multiple loops, etc... -- but with the "OPEN" API, scratching the clip scrub area seems pretty doable. I'm sure Stanton would be eager to help integrate their software for you... ;-)

--

womoma

Post by womoma » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:50 pm

4 way crossfader option.

ABCD

womoma

Post by womoma » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:01 pm

An envelope module which could be placed in a rack, or simply incorporated into the macro section, and assigned to any effect parameters, ... basically, easy dummy clips!

condra

Post by condra » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:35 pm

:)

OneTrueDabe

Post by OneTrueDabe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Beta Releases? So we could play with new features and provide hands-on feedback?

--

condra

Post by condra » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Soon hopefully. At least some news to feed our curiosity!

salsah

Post by salsah » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:13 pm

A really EQ THREE

EQ3
EQ3
EQ3

Please

dusty

Post by dusty » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:44 pm

+1
to drag/drop files from other programs.
:)