THE RICH WHITE artists who ripped off blacks THREAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Wed May 30, 2007 9:52 am

You guys are all a bunch of filthy racists. Quit arguing and go write some music.

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Wed May 30, 2007 9:56 am

the_planet wrote:You guys are all a bunch of filthy racists. Quit arguing and go write some music.
Or better still, invent a new instrument!! :lol:

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed May 30, 2007 10:23 am

Wow. This Jah guy is a right prick. All white people are cunts huh? Yeah, it must be true.

Only person with a fucked up world view in this thread is you Mr. Jah.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 30, 2007 10:50 am

JahGuide wrote:What a load of bullshit. A people who endured a history of oppression people cant be racist. Seems like you really have it in for me.
Now thats the most ill-conceived shit posted on this topic, without a doubt. A rhetorical question possibly - or merely an excercise in curiosity....but can you list any other people's who have endured oppression in the past right up until today ? It seems you might be unaware.....
JahGuide wrote: And all the white people ganging up.
I dont agree, sure there is a an idealogical imbalance here - where your narrow views are the minority, but...your vernacular reveals alot about your psyche - the people who are disagreeing with you are against your bigotted values, not your skin colour - and being against your values does not make them white... I have no idea what colour anyone is in this thread, except for tone deft - but all people have announced is their disgust with your views...and you think that makes them white... :roll: and you think they're ganging up on you too ?...that would seem to suggest they dont really believe what they're saying, only saying it to disagree with you ?

maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. But you need to use your cerebral cortex a whole lot more than you're used to
spreader of butter

JonnyEQ

Post by JonnyEQ » Wed May 30, 2007 1:08 pm

Good Thread until the end where it turned into a bit of squabbling. Anyway, heres my two cents...I feel that Black People are kind of hampered against when it comes to new and upcoming artists. Its a case now that to get on TV you need to be whiter than white. I can't remember the last time a dark complexioned person was on TV plugging there song. Its a shame how the media execs look at people for what they look like rather than what they sound like. You have your Lemar's and Corrine Bailey Rays and thats about it. What annoys me is the Calvin Harris's of this world. I have heard many original bouncy songs made by black people which is much better than this but this guy gets props for what ever he does. I think its scandalous. I cant wait for the day when colour is not an issue for these music/media execs!! Then we shall hear even more great music!!!

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 pm

Machinesworking wrote: I've been attacked a few times for being white, by blacks, and hispanics. In SF CA, a friend of mine watched a black lady try to steal a purse from a punk rock couple, the punk chick wouldn't give it up, and the black junkie lady started yelling that this couple had called her a nigger. A group of black men from the bar across the street attacked them and beat them senseless. The guy was laying there in a pool of blood dying, and saying how ironic it was that the last time this had happened to him, it was fighting racist skinheads. The guy died, the fact is it was a hate crime, there was ZERO reason for the blacks to believe that lady, they just did because she was black, and they wanted an excuse to beat up white people.
That is pretty fucked up.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed May 30, 2007 2:25 pm

JonnyEQ wrote:Good Thread until the end where it turned into a bit of squabbling. Anyway, heres my two cents...I feel that Black People are kind of hampered against when it comes to new and upcoming artists. Its a case now that to get on TV you need to be whiter than white. I can't remember the last time a dark complexioned person was on TV plugging there song. Its a shame how the media execs look at people for what they look like rather than what they sound like. You have your Lemar's and Corrine Bailey Rays and thats about it. What annoys me is the Calvin Harris's of this world. I have heard many original bouncy songs made by black people which is much better than this but this guy gets props for what ever he does. I think its scandalous. I cant wait for the day when colour is not an issue for these music/media execs!! Then we shall hear even more great music!!!
You're kidding right? The airwaves are full of black music, some of it shit, some of it good. I think you're wrong when you say you have to be whiter than white to get on TV.

And do tell me why there needs to be television or radio stations dedicated to black music? Shouldn't we all be on the same bloody radio stations?

JonnyEQ

Post by JonnyEQ » Wed May 30, 2007 2:28 pm

Name me a few Black Artists off the top of your head who you saw on TERRESTIAL TV? I have to look for MTV Base or Channel U if i want to hear music which is sung and produced by black people. I agree with you entirely that there shouldnt be channels just dedicated to black music but without these channels we would fade away. The Mercury Music prize is just as stupid, as it jumps on whatever is in at the moment. Ooh Dizzee Rascal this Dizzee Rascal that, do you know how many artists there are producing grime...its unreal. I didnt agree with the MOBO's when that first came to the screen, but i can now see it is a kind of portal for Black people to be noticed. ... Rant over
Last edited by JonnyEQ on Wed May 30, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed May 30, 2007 2:37 pm

JonnyEQ wrote:Name me a few Black Artists off the top of your head who you saw on TERRESTIAL TV? I have to look for MTV Base or Channel U if i want to hear music which is sung and produced by black people. I agree with you entirely that there shouldnt be channels just dedicated to bkack music but without these channels we would fade away. I didnt agree with the MOBO's when that first came to the screen, but i can now see it is a kind of portal for Black people to be noticed. The Mercury Music prize is just as stupid as it jumps on whatever is in at the moment. Ooh Dizzee Rascal this Dizzee Rascal that, do you know how many artists there are producing grime...its unreal... Rant over
Well that's hard, because I don't watch television that much. I couldn't even name any white artists!!

But I still can't believe that TV is full of white music and not much black music, not when you look at how popular so called black music is in our society. The people running things on TV care about money, that's it. They don't give a shit about what you look like as long as your image can make them money. That is the cold hard truth of it.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 30, 2007 2:43 pm

I dont watch TV...
but TV is a whole different ball-game anyways, I think its market driven. Who watches Tv ? Who is easier to sucker into advertising ? isnt that what TV producers pander to ?....they're concern is generating revenue, not equality...

terrestrial TV in Ireland is OK, all our kids shows are multi-cultural anyways and to me thats very important, I thought I might record one for JahGuide to learn a few simple lessons. I see as much multi-cultural stuff on our terrestrial channels as on sattelite channels from bigger countries with much larger multi-ethnicity audiences...

but, I only catch bits of TV, so ....I have no idea if people are being excluded. its all down to marketing anyways, i reckon.
spreader of butter

JonnyEQ

Post by JonnyEQ » Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Hi Amberience, TV is a very powerful propoganda tool. We have music programmes like pop world which seem to tap into the new crazes, at this moment in time its Guitar based bands. Not knocking those bands at all, some of there music is quite good, although we are not seeing enough talent shine through in different genres. A perfect example is Bloc Party. This band have just come out of the studio with a wicked album but they hardly get as much publicity as say Kasabian, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys. I feel its because there lead singer and songwriter doesnt look good enough.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed May 30, 2007 2:50 pm

JonnyEQ wrote:Hi Amberience, TV is a very powerful propoganda tool. We have music programmes like pop world which seem to tap into the new crazes, at this moment in time its Guitar based bands. Not knocking those bands at all, some of there music is quite good, although we are not seeing enough talent shine through in different genres. A perfect example is Bloc Party. This band have just come out of the studio with a wicked album but they hardly get as much publicity as say Kasabian, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys. I feel its because there lead singer and songwriter doesnt look good enough.
See i disagree with you. I think its because Bloc Party are so so so very bad.

In seriousness though, a few weeks ago Bloc Party were on Channel 4 playing some stuff on that Abbey Road music show - I don't believe any of those other bands you list have done that.

I think you're being a little too sensitive about image. Just because you don't see the band on tele doesn't mean they aren't making waves.

And I've seen tons of advertising for Bloc Party, all over tv, all over billboards. I've hardly ever seen anything for Kings of Leon. I'm in London, that may have something to do with it since Bloc Party are from London I think???

At any rate, the singer in Bloc Party has the same image as all those other bands - phoney pseudo indie tripe. But now we're getting way off topic, hehe.

ps: Bloc Party haven't just released anything new. They released an album back in February. Well, three months is a long time when you are involved in the phoney pop business.
Last edited by Amberience on Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonnyEQ

Post by JonnyEQ » Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm

b0unce wrote:I dont watch TV...
but TV is a whole different ball-game anyways, I think its market driven. Who watches Tv ? Who is easier to sucker into advertising ? isnt that what TV producers pander to ?....they're concern is generating revenue, not equality...
I agree to a certain point. Where im not really talking about commercials, i'm more looking at the certain programmes we have on offer at the moment. Hell, you see plenty of commercials with some sort of African American twang to it because that is deemed as cool and kids like cool. Cool means cash.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 30, 2007 2:53 pm

JonnyEQ wrote:
b0unce wrote:I dont watch TV...
I agree to a certain point. Where im not really talking about commercials, i'm more looking at the certain programmes we have on offer at the moment. Hell, you see plenty of commercials with some sort of African American twang to it because that is deemed as cool and kids like cool. Cool means cash.
but...they get you to view the commercials by showing you certain programmes....so the two are intertwined.

if you're trying to advertise a product ethnicityX will buy, you will advertise it during a show that ethnicityX watch
spreader of butter

JonnyEQ

Post by JonnyEQ » Wed May 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Im still convinced that we are not getting enough major radio/tv play in this country. If i switch on Radio 1 now, i bet i get some poney like Arctic monkeys or something else. This is what people are tapping into. There are masses of people watching tv and listening to the major radio waves when they are driving home. Neither the Radio or the TV is helping the image of Black music in its entirety........Oooops sorry, i forgot, those execs at the BBC did feel sorry for us so they invented 1xtra, hmmm, i wonder why?