messing up with deckadance

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lanno

messing up with deckadance

Post by lanno » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:03 pm

hi folks!

so, i've heard about deckadance, which would really be a great application. but it's not. its a dj application (similar to tracktor, but more equipped), it also can be used as a vst with other applications (like ableton live). i was like, Yeah! what a good idea, so after having it i install, i tried to configure it to live, but actually i could not. ok, no problem, i thought to have a little fun in live to forget this annoyment.
and that was it. ableton mixed the shit. i had the cue and master on separate output. i thought i have. but live was just couldn't separate cue and master channel. what should heard on cue, was also on master and vica versa.
i deleted deckadance, still bad, made a registry clean, still bad, more registry clean, still bad, reinstall live, i know you know, still bad! whaaaaaa :evil:
slowly i became really angry. i couldn't find the solution.

do you know a solution for this?

so please help me!!!!!!! :!:

sqook

Re: messing up with deckadance

Post by sqook » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Two particular sentences strike me in your post.

1:
lanno wrote:i tried to configure it to live, but actually i could not.
..and, 2:
whaaaaaa :evil:

Seems you didn't try very hard to get it working. :) I'm interested to know what went wrong, what didn't work, etc. Did you try contacting imageline support? It is a new product, after all, and there's bound to be some bugs and other problems.

lanno

Post by lanno » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:04 pm

i'm pretty much a patient person, but i was out of ideas and gave up very early. i didn't contact the support yet, i dont know if it useful. (i have bad experiences)
i'm much more likely to ask these things from "collegaues", mates.
if you dont mind... :wink:

anyway, my live is still stupid.
cue and master channel goes together. i can't hear them apart from each other. :cry:

sqook

Post by sqook » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:34 pm

lanno wrote:i'm pretty much a patient person, but i was out of ideas and gave up very early. i didn't contact the support yet, i dont know if it useful. (i have bad experiences)
You still haven't mentioned exactly what wasn't working, though... what specifically was the problem that you had when trying to get the plugin to run?
Oh, I don't mind at all. :) I just think that you'd probably get a more informative answer (as well as possibly aiding the developers at IL) by contacting their support. The number of live users on this forum who are also using deckadance is probably very limited, so it's doubtful that your post will receive much attention here.
cue and master channel goes together. i can't hear them apart from each other. :cry:
You might want to check live's audio preferences and see that it's accessing the proper outputs of your soundcard. I assumed you've already checked the I*O panel to see that the cue was routed correctly?

lanno

Post by lanno » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:56 am

sqook wrote:
lanno wrote:i'm pretty much a patient person, but i was out of ideas and gave up very early. i didn't contact the support yet, i dont know if it useful. (i have bad experiences)
You still haven't mentioned exactly what wasn't working, though... what specifically was the problem that you had when trying to get the plugin to run?
Oh, I don't mind at all. :) I just think that you'd probably get a more informative answer (as well as possibly aiding the developers at IL) by contacting their support. The number of live users on this forum who are also using deckadance is probably very limited, so it's doubtful that your post will receive much attention here.
You might want to check live's audio preferences and see that it's accessing the proper outputs of your soundcard. I assumed you've already checked the I*O panel to see that the cue was routed correctly?
1st: man, i cant make myself more clear, my english a bit rubbish. so once more.
i would like to cue while playing in live. but, THE PROBLEM is that when i launch a clip, i can hear it both in the cue and master out (while they set to 1/2 and 3/4 output [as i mentioned, they are separated])

2nd: "The number of live users on this forum who are also using deckadance is probably very limited, so it's doubtful that your post will receive much attention here."
that is my fear too
:(

and 3rd:yes, i've checked the audio preferences, they remained the same, i didn't change them during the process.

cheers!

lanno

Post by lanno » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:00 am

anyway, on the hungarian forum ('cause i am hungarian, so i also posted the problem on our forum) a guy replied. he said i should try to reisntall my soundcard's drivers. maybe that would help.
byez

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:08 am

Open deckadance as a standalone first. not as vati.

As standalone, configure the different outputs to match your sournd card.

There are specific options for "vsti host", and in your case.. "Monitor"...

Then close as standalone. Open wihin Live. Create second audio track. Assign "Audio From:" as shown below to new audio track. Change monitor to "In".

Then you use the cue button on that audio track to cue from Deckadance.

lanno

Post by lanno » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:29 pm

thanx man! glad to read a useful post! :wink:

lanno

Post by lanno » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:25 pm

unless my driver is still messed up, so i can still hear everything in every output :cry:

nafe

Post by nafe » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 am

Nice post. Any ideas how to get the timecoded vinyl working in vst mode?

lanno

Post by lanno » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:29 am

by the way, finally i could solve my problem.
audigy installed 3 kind of asio drivers for me.
first, when i tried deckadance the sb audigy 2 asio [fec0] was choosen.
deckadance messed up this one. than i unassigned all the audio settings in decka and choose sb audigy 2 asio 24/96 [fec0] in ableton.
i hope you get it :lol:

so it works fine for now

and one more thing: i wont ever touch decka!
it really made me hate it